Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slytherin Take to the Sky!

leahsm2
    Irma gingerly held on to the Quaffle, as McGonagall plowed through the other team’s half-hearted defense. She swerved slightly, batting away the bludger, which Professor Vector had hit in her direction, while Madam Pince threw the ball as hard as she could. It flew lightly through the air, barely breaking the plane of the hoop.

“Ten more points for the good guys . . ., I mean to say, the Orange team, o’ course!” Hagrid bellowed. “Thirty to ten, we may make in time for supper after all!”

Headmaster Dumbledore looked at Hagrid disapprovingly and motioned for play to continue.
    100 Words

spamspamspamspamspam50spamspamspamspam50

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    This time it was the Lilac team who took possession of the Quaffle. Madam Hooch weaved her way across the pitch, before passing it to Professor Sprout, who fumbled a little as she caught it. Professor Kettleburn noticed this and sent a Bludger in her direction. It skimmed over top of the Chasers head and she dropped the Quaffle in shock. Madam Hooch was below her, however and managed to catch it as it fell. Without wasting anymore time she aimed and the Quaffle shot straight through the goalposts.

“An’ it’s ten more points to the Lilac team!” shouted Hagrid.
    Is my Hagrid speech Hagridy enough? Just realised we need to get a move on. Finally finished an essay which has been plaguing me so for this has my entire attention.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

XhayleeXblackX
    “Oi, wha’ does Lockhart think ’e’s playin’ at?” Hagrid asked absently to the crowd as Professor Lockhart flew haphazardly to the middle of the pitch at Madam Hooch.

“My dear woman, you must get out of the air this instant!” he exclaimed.

Her face contorted as rage filled her voice. “What the devil are you doing, Gilderoy? You are supposed to be guarding the goal hoops! Minerva has scored again because you abandoned your post!”

Lockhart took no notice. “You’ve been bitten by a doxie, Madam; you need to head straight to the hospital wing!”

“I have not!” she screamed.
    [100 Words]

I hope this is all right, everyone; if not, just head over to the planning thread and let me know! I thought we could use a little more action with Lockhart.

-Haylee

fawkeshermione221
    "Dumbledore, tell this idiot to get back to the goal hoops!" screeched Madam Hooch, looking around for the referee. But Headmaster Dumbledore had been distracted and was now conversing with one of the students in the stands.

"Are those lemon drops?" The headmaster was exclaiming delightedly. "Ah, excellent! My favorite sweet-”

"Albus!"

Professor Dumbledore looked around in surprise and promptly dropped to two lemon drops he was trying to unstick. “Oh! Er – yes. If Professor Lockhart would return to the goalposts, please?”

“Merlin’s beard!” shouted Hagrid suddenly. “I think Professor Flitwick’s spotted th’ snitch!”
    (94 words)

I hope this was okay. I don't think my Hagrid sounded Hagrid-y enough, either. Are we going to post this in the Excerpts of Slytherin thread so the other Slyths can check it over?

Go team!

~Vivian~

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    It certainly looked like it. The Charms Professor was hurtling down the pitch at an alarming rate; he suddenly dived and after a few seconds Professor Burbage was beside him, though she was a little confused as she couldn’t actually see the Snitch. Suddenly she noticed Flitwick giving her a look out of the corner of his eye and she realised what he was doing. She quickly pulled out of the dive. This distracted Professor Flitwick, and instead of pulling out of the dive at the last minute as he had planned, he instead hit the ground with a thud.
    False alarm! No Snitch sighting yet, just an attempted Wronski Feint. (which I can't spell)

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

leahsm2
    “Unbelievable!” Professor Snape exclaimed, as he swooped down to examine the prone Professor Flitwick. “My word man, trying such a tricky maneuver at your age!”

Meanwhile, Madam Hooch was livid with Professor Lockhart.

“Get back to your position this instant, you lunatic!” She screamed, but it was too late.

The damage was done. By now, the Orange team had set up a small assembly line and was scoring at will.

“ Forty, fifty, sixty,” Hagrid announced. “Seventy, eighty, ninety . . .”

Professor Flitwick picked himself off of the ground and flew back to the pitch, ignoring Snape entirely.
    99 words.

EDIT: Yes, Haylee. I hear and obey

fawkeshermione221
    Unfortunately, Flitwick was forced to dodge as a well-aimed bludger came hurtling in his direction. He looked around to see Filch, clutching his bat and looking stunned. Professor Flitwick gave an uncharacteristic scowl. “Don’t send the bludger at your own teammates!” he exclaimed angrily.

“Incompetent fool,” Professor McGonagall muttered, but still she was smiling slightly as she scored yet another goal thanks to Lockhart’s absence.

“An’ that makes it one hundred points fer the Orange team!” boomed Hagrid’s voice.

Meanwhile, the spat between Madam Hooch and Professor Lockhart had grown nasty. In her fury, Hooch had taken out her wand.
    (100 words)

Can't wait to see where this is going...

~Vivian~

XhayleeXblackX
    “What are you doing?” Lockhart questioned incredulously. “I was m-merely trying to stop you from falling ill and out of the sky to what was certain to be a painful, bloody death, and you accuse me of wishing to sabotage our team! Kindly put away your wand, m-my dear.”

“I will not, Lockhart, unless you go back to your post!” Hooch screamed.

Suddenly, Professor Trelawney settled herself beside them, fidgeting nervously with her shawls and spectacles. “My dear, I do believe that Gilderoy is right in his warning, as my Inner Eye sees a great tragedy in your near future.”
    [100 words]

I hope this is all right. I haven't had time to check in the locker room . . . any changes, just let me know.

Leah, dear, you need to remove the comma after lunatic and add instead an exclamation mark.

-Haylee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    “Oh shut up, Sybil! This is not the time for you inner eye!” snapped Madam Hooch. “And I foresee I great tragedy in your future if you don’t get out my way so I can make this idiot get back to his position. Then maybe we can actually play some Quidditch!”

Trelawny opened her mouth to speak, but Hooch’s wand was pointing firmly at her and so she meekly flew away. Hooch turned her attention back to Lockhart.

“Now, Gilderoy,” she said in an oddly calm way. "Do you maybe think it’s time for you to return to your position?”
    100 words exactly...

50505050505050050505050505050505050550505050505050 50505055050

leahsm2
    “Well, it’s a ’undred an' twen'y for the Orange team, but here comes Professor Lockhart,” Hagrid said, out of breath from the extra announcing.

Meanwhile, Filch, who by now was holding onto his broomstick for dear life, while securing his club under one knee, saw something out of the corner of his eye. It hovered for a moment, glittering in the sunlight, then swirled straight down.

Filch made his way carefully to Professor Flitwick.

“Professor, look!” He whispered, cautiously pointing towards the Snitch.

Wordlessly, Professor Flitwick made a sharp dive.

“Not again!” Professors Burbage and Snape breathed in unison.
    99 very pared down words

Go Team!!!!! Almost Done!!!! (Leah manages to fall off her broom in her enthusiasm, but somehow lands back on it before any major mishap could occur! )