Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slytherin Take to the Sky!

fawkeshermione221
    Sorry I'm so late posting.

Professor Lockhart, on the other hand, looked as though he was thoroughly enjoying himself. He smiled, waving down at the students, the sun glinting off his perfectly white teeth. Well, he thought to himself smugly, I didn’t win Witch Weekly’s Most Charming Smile Award five years in a row for nothing

“Gilderoy!” Madam Hooch shouted from halfway across the pitch, and Lockhart looked up in bemusement. “For Merlin’s sake, will you stop waving at your fans and start defending the posts?”

Far up above them all, Severus Snape gripped his club tightly and grimaced. This is ridiculous, he thought disgustedly.
    100 words.

I hope this is O.K. I know Lockhart is supposed to be the captain of the team, but I don't think the other professors would be able to resist shouting at him a bit.

Win Win Slytherin!!

~Vivian~

leahsm2
    Professor Snape looked down at the chagrined Lockhart, who was trying feverishly to keep his broom in a relatively close flight path to the hoops. He watched silently for a few moments as the other man attempted to find a proper hold on his broom, failing miserably and almost falling. Snape took a few practice swipes in the air with his club, then expertly swooped down and joined his team on the Pitch proper.

He saddled up next to Professor McGonagall, gesturing at Lockhart and whispering, “You realise, of course, that he has no earthly idea what he is doing.”
    100 Words

Is "club" OK or should we be technically calling them "bats"???

Glad to see you Vivian

C'mon Slytherin!!!!!

EDIT: Yay! Haylee!!!!! Great Post!!!

XhayleeXblackX
    “Of course I realise this, Severus. Do you take me for a fool?” Minerva replied through slightly clenched teeth, her being on a team with Severus Snape still not sitting well with her. “Anyway, that will only play to our advantage as we more than well know what we are doing. Well, most of us,” she added, looking over as Professor Trelawney practiced diving for a goal and failing miserably.

“Just thought that I should let you know, Captain.” Severus sneered as he took off again.

Minerva sighed. “Get in formation, team. The game is about to begin!”
    [98 words]

Hope that's all right. I wanted to get a post in tonight and that was all that came to me. We can do this, Slytheirn!

-Haylee

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Sorry, i have been a bad captain, but I am here now

The whistle blew again and Minerva flew off towards the goalposts, Quaffle in hand. She saw a well-aimed Bludger heading towards her and, seeing her fellow chaser nearby, she threw the Quaffle to Poppy Pomfrey. The matron caught it and flew to within shooting distance, where she expected to see Gilderoy waiting for her. Surprisingly though, the hoops were unguarded and she threw the Quaffle through with relative ease, scoring the first points of the match.

The crowd went wild but Lockhart’s team were glaring at him. Somehow, he was in the middle of the pitch holding Professor Flitwick’s club.
    100 words.

Leah, bat came more naturally to me but I used club as well for continuity.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

leahsm2
    “Well, yes, you see. . .” Lockhart began as his team surrounded him and bellowed as one. “The club, it was acting strangely. Oh, I’ve seen this before in my stellar Quidditch career, many a time. So, with no regard for my own safety . . .”

“Or the Quaffle!” Hagrid announced testily.

“I managed to save this little fellow’s hide.”

Professor Flitwick had just begun babbling the beginnings of a protest at this ignoble treatment, when Dumbledore blew the whistle to resume play.

“At the rate this lot is playin’,” Hagrid resumed, “we’ll see a finish sometim’ in June.”
    100 words

I think we should change it to "bats" while we still have so few posts, no offense, Vivian or anything, but

XhayleeXblackX
    Madam Hooch soared off up the pitch with the Quaffle, weaving in and out of her opponents. Had they all forgotten she was a flying coach for a reason?

She neared the goal posts, taking aim toward the middle post. Unfortunately, as she threw the ball with all her might, Professor Trelawney drifted absently in front of the ring, staring up into the clouds. The ball bounced off her broom handle and through the hoop. However, it sent the Professor spiraling backwards toward the ground.

Hooch dived.

She just barely stopped Sibyll from hitting the ground, allowing play to continue.
    [100]

I hope this is all right . . . I didn't really know where to go . . . I think it might be good to head back to the locker rooms and plan our match specifics a little more.

-Haylee

ETA: I adore your post, Vivian. Great Hagrid and Snape.

fawkeshermione221
    Sorry it took me so long.

Dazed but unharmed, Professor Trelawney kicked off from the ground and soared back up towards the goal posts. “I should never have agreed to this,” she huffed.

“Did the Inner Eye not foresee that coming?”

Trelawney turned her head to find herself facing Severus Snape, who was staring at her, his upper lip curled in a sneer. “For your information,” she began hotly, “The Inner Eye does not – “

A loud, booming voice interrupted their squabble.

“All righ’. So tha’s ten points fer the Orange team an’ ten for the Lilac.” Hagrid paused. “But wha’s Professor Lockhart think he’s doin’?”
    Did I write a decent Hagrid?

Oh yeah - word count is 100.

~Vivian~

leahsm2
    Professors Trewlawney and Snape turned to see what the opposing team’s Keeper was up to now, exchanging bewildered looks as they watched Lockhart. He had managed to get his robes entangled in the end of his broomstick and an unhealthy sounding gurgle was escaping from his bluish lips. His teammates, meanwhile sat, refusing to extricate their erstwhile captain out of his predicament.

“Little fellow, indeed,” Professor Flitwick intoned, as Trewlaney and Snape flew to Lockhart’s aid.

“Well, Sibyll,” Professor Snape said, staring as the choking man desperately tried to form the word ‘help.’ “Which spell would you suggest for this?”
    100 words

I think it sounds pretty good so far. . . . .

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    “I really couldn’t say,” she replied. “But it looks as though Minerva is about to score again, so perhaps we ought to take a couple of minutes to decide.”

Snape raised his eyebrows. “I really do hope that you are not suggesting cheating.”

“Of course not, Severus. My inner eye is simply telling me that it might be beneficial for us to wait just a minute.”

A few seconds later, the cheering of the crowd confirmed Trelawny’s ‘prediction’ and Snape quickly cast the spell to release Lockhart.

“Better luck next time, Gilderoy!” he shouted to the opposing captain.
    98 words. Hope this is OK. I think I need to revisit the other thread so I know what to write/

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

XhayleeXblackX
    "An' Professor McGonagall scores again! That makes it twenty ter ten fer the Orange team!" Hagrid announced as Sybill flew back to her place at the goal posts.

Severus flew upwards and decided that he might as well try to play, even though he was only grudgingly doing so. He picked up his club and struck the incoming Bludger as hard as he could, sending it soaring towards Professor Sprout as the Quaffle was passed to her.

Pomona swerved right sharply to miss the ball, and in turn, allowed Madam Pince to take possession of the Quaffle.
    [98]

I, too, hope this is okay! Don't feel bad, Hannah, I think we are all a little bit lost.

-Haylee