Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Claws Capture the Cup

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Aurora Sinistra took possession of the Quaffle as soon as it was released. She passed it to Professor Sprout, who was near the goal. As the Pomona rushed towards the goal posts, just about to drop the Quaffle into the rightmost one-

Wham!

A Bludger came flying, hit by Peeves, who was cackling in glee. The Bludger hit her straight, knocking the air out of Pomona’s lungs. She tried to steady herself, swerving to her right.

Meanwhile, Filius Flitwick had taken possession of the Quaffle, and was speeding towards Snape at the other end.
    94 words

gogogogogogogogogogogogo Team!!!!!!

Rah Rah Ravenclaw!!

Vittoria
    “Argh…” shrieked a feminine voice suddenly. The players hung in mid-air watching, not believing their eyes. Dolores' nose was swollen and bleeding. Blood trickled down her robes as she frantically thought of some way to stop the bleeding.

The cause, of course, was Peeves. The poltergeist was flying across the pitch, not even bothering to stay on his broom, whacking Bludgers from all directions at Umbridge.

Professor Bathesba, the referee, brought the whistle to her mouth, but in the split second of time, Filius sent the Quaffle flying through the middle post. Snape watched him, unconcerned. Foolishness! he thought dully.
    Word Count: 99

Go Team!!!

Rah-Rah-Ravenclaw!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    “Snape! What are you doing? Don’t let them score!” Professor Umbridge shouted from across the Pitch. Snape turned to face her, and while doing so, took his eye off of the goal. Professor McGonagall’s team took advantage of the opportunity, and quickly scored another goal.

“And its 20-0 Professor McGonagall!” Jordan shouted over the roar of the crowd.

“Time out!” Babbling Bathesba yelled from her broom, as she descended.

“Headmistress!” Filch nearly shouted. “Let me take a look at your nose. I might be able to fix it up.”

“I rather someone else look at it.”
    96 words!

Come on team! Little time and far to go!

~Alyssa

Avvie by Ash/Radcliffefan07 and Banner by Evie/apollo13.

Hermoine Jean Granger
    The professors were huddled in two bunches on the pitch, both working on their strategy. Filch thought Umbridge's nose was more important, however, and kept on complaining about it.

Pomona Sprout came forward, and with a simple Episkey, she cured her nosebleed. Dolores however, was more bothered about the match.

"Snape, you're the Keeper! You aren't doing your job. This will reflect badly on your inquisition report," she said, with the sickly smile on her face.

Snape looked at her again, and then remarked,” Professor, I really don't see any need for this match. It's a mere waste of time."
    100 on the dot!

RAH RAH RAVENCLAW!!!!!!

Vittoria
    “How dare you say that? This match, though unscheduled, is highly important. I definitely want us to win this. All right, team?”

The team just looked at her blankly. Well, all except Filch, who was nodding his head vigorously in assent. The whistle blew again, signalling the end of the time-out.

“Up in the air again,” Lee bellowed out to the Hogwartian crowd assembled below. There was a huge cheer as the Quaffle was picked up by McGonagall. She flew towards the other end of the pitch again, but this time, was hit by a Bludger, coming from Filch.
    99 words

Go team! We can do this!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall swerved to the right violently. She hadn't seen the Bludger coming her way.

She managed to steady herself, barely, but in the jumble she accidentally dropped the ball and Umbridge caught it from down below.

Filch was jumping up and down with joy on his broom, delighted that his Headmistress had caught the ball.

Meanwhile, Umbridge was speeding down the pitch flying in and out of the players trying to stop her. It looked like nothing would stop her. Though when Hagrid saw her he said, “Oh no you don’t, Dolores.”

Umbridge threw the Quaffle towards the posts.
    99 words!

Come on team! Let's keep it going! We're getting there!

~Alyssa

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Hagrid blocked the Quaffle with his giant sized body, and caught it before it fell down. Umbridge looked at him in rage as he sent the ball flying over to Minerva, who in turn passed it to Rolanda. Rolanda sped towards the posts, with the Quaffle tucked safely under her arm. As she made an attempt to put the Quaffle through, Filch suddenly flew towards the goal posts and blocked her attempt.

“I thought you were a Beater, Filch,” Snape sneered.

Dolores, however, smiled appreciatively at Filch, whose joy knew no bounds when he saw the Headmistress looking at him.
    Rah Rah Ravenclaw!!

YAY! Come on team, we can do this!!

Vittoria
    He just flew away, all the while giving Snape a superior look. Snape sneered at him, unconcerned.

Peeves, meanwhile, had taken to disturbing Professor Trelawney, who was positioned right above the pitch, looking for the Snitch through her “Inner Eye”. She closed her eyes, as though foreseeing the future, and hovered mid-air, not moving.

Peeves hit a Bludger at her, causing her to lose balance.

“Minerva, how can I find the Snitch if that poltergeist is behind me like this?” Sybil yelled, while Professor McGonagall passed the Quaffle again to Filius.
    92 words!

GO TEAM!

Rah Rah Ravenclaw!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall looked at Peeves, and warningly said, "Peeves, you are to hit Bludgers only at the opposing team, not at your own teammates."

Peeves turned around and flew off in the other direction, paying no heed to McGonagall.
    He flew over to the direction of Filch, and glided silently behind him as Filch prepared to hit a Bludger.

“Filch is going to miss…Filch is going to miss!” Peeves shouted out at the top of his lungs.

Filch slid off his broom a bit, forcing him to hold on tighter, and missing the Bludger as it went zooming past.
    98 words!

Whoo! Lets go team! We're almost there!

~Alyssa

Hermoine Jean Granger
    “Drat you, Peeves,” Filch cursed, and chased the poltergeist. Peeves, however, flew away, cackling in glee. “Filch can’t catch me, Filch can’t get me. Filch is a loser!”

Filch’s expression turned sour as he heard Peeves’ words, and he chased him with more vigour than he did earlier. Dolores, however, saw this, and as she gained possession of the Quaffle from Flitwick, she yelled at Filch.

“Argus, get back to your position right away. Hit Bludgers at them!”

Filch looked visibly cowed, as he turned to obey Umbridge’s orders. However, when Umbridge yelled, McGonagall flew over to snatch the Quaffle.
    100 words, once again!

Yes, we can still do this! Go team!