Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hufflepuff is ready to take off

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."

Hufflepuff is ready to take off

Here we go, dear badgers! The time has come for another round of Quidditch.

Thanks to Terri for this wonderful banner.

If you want to wear it in your sigs, go ahead. Don't forget to credit her.

The team is as follows:

players
    Bine (captain)
    Alice
    Lexy
    Carole

alternates
    Dani
    Afifa

When posting, please remember to have always two players between you. Here's an example:

Alice - me - Carole - Alice - Lexy - Carole - me - etc.

If no one has posted since your last post, PM the people! Don't let the game stop or we'll get a problem with the time.

Also, remember what we discussed in our planning chat. And please don't forget to post the word count as well.

Here again this round's prompt:

Getting tired of grading papers and teaching classes the faculty of Hogwarts have challenged each other to a friendly game of Quidditch to be played before the whole school. This match must be set during one of Harry’s years at Hogwarts using professors and the other staff. Unfortunately, the ghosts are out, but poltergeists are in. For this challenge please use only canon characters, but feel free to flesh out the characters that we only know by name.
    Let's get the game started, badgers, and good luck to everyone!

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Right! Go Hufflepuffs! *hoping she did it right...*

“Honestly, I can’t believe that Dumbledore let Dementors into the school!” Poppy Pomfrey sighed, glaring at the unfortunate Pomona Sprout and Filius Flitwick, who had been forced into listening to the Matron rant.

“But Poppy,” Filius squeaked, “Dumbledore has got his reasons, remember.” He looked to Pomona for support.

“Of course.” The Herbology professor jumped in immediately, offering her kind and soothing voice. “How terrible would it be if Black got in here?”

“Twelve students!” Poppy cried, not hearing a word. “All affected by the Dementors! We need to do something!”

“Don’t worry,” Pomona continued soothing.

96 words

Go on Bine!! *cheesy grin*

[Stories] -- [Drabbles] -- [Banners] -- [ProudPuff] --

-Banner by Pooja-
    -Avvie by me-

Woot, great start.

“Of course!” shouted Filius. “How about we…” He leaned over the table and explained his idea to his colleagues.

That evening, he and Pomona then went to see Albus Dumbledore, the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

“I see,” the old wizard said with twinkling eyes when he heard the plan Filius had had. “The idea is really good. I think the students will like it.”

“So we’re going to do it then?” Filius asked excitedly.

Albus nodded. “Yes. I’ll write a notice and leave it in the staff room.” And so he did.
    96 words.

Go badgers!

~Bine

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Severus Snape read the message on the notice board in the staff room and sighed. Dumbledore appeared to have taken complete leave of his senses. Well, he wouldn’t be taking part.

“Ah!” said a strident voice behind him. “What’s all this, Severus?”

“A Quidditch match, Minerva, amongst the staff. Stupid idea if you ask me,” he sneered.

“Scared you can’t beat me, Severus?” she said archly.

“Slytherin appears to have been doing that for the past seven years, Minerva. I don’t think we have anything to prove,” he said softly.

Hmm, she thought, we’ll see about that!
    Yo! the main man's in

CarolewithanE (curse the 50 characters rule)
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    *Looking cheesy so she can get 50 characters*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Severus!” Filius cried, chasing after the billowing robes of the potions master, as he paused in rounding the corner.

“Filius?” he inquired, looking bored. The shorter man caught up, and attempted to catch his breath.

“I take it," he wheezed, “that you… read the notice…? What… do you think… of the idea, Severus?”

“I’m afraid I’m not interested, Filius,” he sneered. “I have more important things to do than entertain sensitive children.”

“Not even to show up Minerva?”

“I’ve showed her up the past seven years.”

“You have?” he squeaked, surprised. “But hasn’t Gryffindor won, the last two years?”
    99 words

[Stories] -- [Drabbles] -- [Banners] -- [ProudPuff] --

-Banner by Pooja-
    -Avvie by me-

Woot! We're doing great so far, badgers! Keep it going.

Severus stared at his colleague. “No, Gryffindor hasn’t won the last years. You surely remember that last year Quidditch was cancelled due to the opening of the Chamber?”

“Oh, yes, right,” Filius mumbled. He laughed but it died quickly again; he hurriedly took his leave. Severus looked after the small man’s retreating back until he had vanished behind the next corner.

“Good morning, Severus,” came then the voice of the one man the Potions Master didn’t want to see this moment. “Did you already read the notice in the staff room?”

“I did.” His lip curled sarcastically.
    97 words - after a serious chopping because I managed to write 127 words in like five minutes >.<

And the next one, please!

~Bine

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    "So,” said Professor Dumbledore, “what do you think of Filius’ idea?”

“Asinine and quite out of the question!” snapped Snape. “I am far too busy to consider taking part.”

“That is a shame, Severus,” replied Dumbledore calmly, “because we were rather hoping that you would be a Captain. Obviously if you think the idea is asinine then perhaps Remus will take charge instead.”

Snape could see himself astride a broom, the wind in his hair and the Slytherins urging him on to victory. Lupin, he thought, there's no way I'll countenance that!

“Headmaster, I accept.”
    96 words

Go Sevvy! (curse the 50 characters)!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch

Sorry for being so late! *should really pay attention...and reach 50 characters*

Dumbledore allowed himself a small mental grin. He knew exactly how to make Severus do the right thing, even if he swore he’d never do it…

Remus Lupin sat in his office, thinking. It’s been who knows how long since he played Quidditch last. Actually, he did know how long; seventeen years. Seventeen years passed since the last time he and the three of his best friends played two-on-two, just with the Quaffle. He felt excitement coursing through his veins at the thought of flying again. Flying under the leadership of Severus should be twice as interesting, Remus thought.
    100 words
    -Alice

*catches Quaffle*

Don't worry, Alice. We're good with the time so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“We’re doing what?“ Aurora Sinistra asked surprised when Minerva told her the news.

“We’re going to play Quidditch,” Pomona explained excitedly, earning a raised eyebrow by her colleagues. She knew that Filius’ idea had been great and that Albus simply had to accept it. “I’m really looking forward to the experience,” she added.

“Sybil, you’re surely going to join us, aren't you?” Minerva asked when the Divination professor entered the room.

“Me? Playing Quidditch?” Sybil Trelawney questioned; she had already heard of the planned match. “I can not. My Inner Eye tells me it’s going to end in a catastrophe.”
    Exactly 100 words.

Go badgers! *passes Quaffle on*

~Bine

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    "Stuff and nonsense!" exclaimed Minerva. "It'll do us all good, shake a bit of life into our old bones."

Speak for yourself, thought Septima Vector, the youngest witch on the staff. You're at least twice my age!

"How are we going to divide into teams?" Septima asked her.

"Well," explained Pomona, "I thought the Captains could pick..." Her voice trailed off under Minerva's disapproving eye.

"Witches against warlocks!" declared Minerva. "Severus is a Captain so I..."

"Minerva," interrupted Septima, "how about I take charge of our team? I did fly for the Ravenclaw team quite recently."
    96 words

Curse the 50 character rule

CarolewithanE

Banner by minnabird