Thread: Going into hiding...

PansyParkinson

Going into hiding...

In the First War fic I'm writing, after the death of her brother my OC begins to feel unsafe at home, and eventually even fears for her own life. She turns to an old friend for advice, who in turn advises her to speak to Dumbledore. He suggest that she leave home and offers her a safehouse.

Now, I don't want it to be a full-fledged/Godric's Hallow/secret-keeper hiding, but more of a cautionary hiding(considering who she feels she she is in danger from -not Deatheaters or Voldemort), possibly with a member of the original Order? I originally thought of the Longbottoms, or the Weasleys or some other family/couple that had connections to the Ministry or worked directly for the Ministry because my OC could possibly have information regarding the murder of her brother and in the course of the story would even give an official statement to one of the several Aurors in the Order.

Anyway, hoping for some help and suggestions on where (and with who) Dumbledore would organize for her to go.

Inverarity
    What's the time period?

A hidden location in the Muggle world is a possibility, if the threat is a wizard who's not familiar with the Muggle world. Alternatively, I would assume the Order has a number of hiding places from the first war against Voldemort. They couldn't all be protected by a Fidelius Charm, since that's a very difficult and complicated spell, but some of them could be Unplottable.

PansyParkinson
    It would all take place... Post-Hogwarts Marauder-Era?

lupins_girl2006
    Well, the Weasleys are out of the question. Sirius mentioned in the fifth book at 12 Grimwauld Place (The Orders Headquarters, I can never spell it right) that Arther and Molly weren't part of the Order before. But other than that I'm not really sure. Who is the OC suppose to be hiding from?

~Allie

MarieEvans760
    I think he would either send her to live with a distant family member, or maybe someone he trusts and she could pretend to be someone else. Depending on her age, they could send her to an orphanage. Someplace there would be a lot of people her age so she blended in. Or you could go the opposite way and she could be put into a cave like many hid in in DH.

Marie

PansyParkinson
    Its a slightly complicated situation but she would be hiding from family actually.

And she is in her early twenties.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Well there's the McKinnons (husband and wife I think). They died fighting Death Eaters or you could consider the Weasleys. I know they weren't in the Order then but Molly's brothers (Gideon and Fabian Prewett) were.
    Or there's someone like Hestia Jones who I always think of as being motherly (no canon evidence just a feeling as Hestia was the Greek goddess of the hearth and home) or perhaps as a longshot Dumbledore could send her to Bathilda Bagshot. Gives you Godric's Hollow as a location.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Azhure
    You could always go with an OC family. Okay, you probably don't want to, but you can make it interesting. Give the family a past, etc. It would also make it easier when dealing with the time lines.

Just an idea!

~~Azhure~~