Thread: New Reviewing System

Azhure

New Reviewing System

I wouldn't put this suggestion at the top of your list, but I think it would be good to have change in the reviewing system on the main site. It can get quite annoying if you're giving an in-depth review, and you have to write the tag things in every few seconds (<p></p><i></i> etc.). Even if it was changed to a style like what we have here on the forums (you are able to highlight some text, click a button, and then it's in italics) it would be much easier.

Also, would it be possible to make an option for editing your reviews? I'm a major perfectionist, and in the past I've actually deleted whole reviews because of one silly mistake.

I think this would save a lot of time, and probably encourage more people to give long, constructive reviews.

Thanks!

~~Azhure~~

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    I like this idea.

However, I tend to write my reviews in MSW first, where the language programme checks spelling mistakes and such. Afterwards, when I'm happy with my review, I add in the tags, just like when I format a story before submitting it into the queue. When everything is done, and you're sure all tags are where they're needed, you can just copy paste the review into the review box and hit the "Submit Review" button. Voila! Long constructive review is given and posted.

That's just my two Sickles.

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

MerryD
    I don't find this necessary. As an author to typically long reviews and one who uses <i> <b> tags a lot, I don't find it a hassle. In fact, it's just a habit now. Also, typing up reviews in MS or just reading them through a few times usually gets rid of mistakes. I'm a perfectionist too!

Something that may cut down on your tag-typing though, is <p>paragraph</p> tags aren't need in reviews. My reviews are proof.

Peace out.

-Mere

Hermoine Jean Granger

Red face

I do feel that an edit option could be added to the review system. I am a sort of person who usually directly copy-pastes stuff(where I feel there can be a change) from the chapter into the review box after the second reading or so. When I do that, spacing is given least preference, and even after doing all the work, there is always one or two places where I miss out. It would be nice if an 'edit' option could be added, if that is feasible, and easy to be coded into. It would really help.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    You don't have to type in HTML tags when you're writing reviews. If you go into options on your account in the archives and select an editor (can't remember it's name) you can treat your review as you would a word document. Or like the others said, you could do it in word. If you have the editor on, any formatting you do won't disappear when you paste it through. Also, if you have it turned on in your options, every review box will have the choice to turn the editor on/off underneath.

I do think it would be nice to be able to edit your reviews. Or just preview them? I often find mistakes in my reviews and have to delete it and then re-submit.

Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by luinrina
    I like this idea.

However, I tend to write my reviews in MSW first, where the language programme checks spelling mistakes and such. Afterwards, when I'm happy with my review, I add in the tags, just like when I format a story before submitting it into the queue. When everything is done, and you're sure all tags are where they're needed, you can just copy paste the review into the review box and hit the "Submit Review" button. Voila! Long constructive review is given and posted.

That's just my two Sickles.

~Bine
    Has anybody on these forums heard of a inbuilt spell checker in a web browser? I think it's a good idea, yet it's quite easy to add them in yourselves.

~Josh

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Has anybody on these forums heard of a inbuilt spell checker in a web browser? I think it's a good idea, yet it's quite easy to add them in yourselves.
    If you have Firefox, as I do, then it should already have it. Mine does. Of course, it still says things like fic and drabble are incorrect, but you can always just ignore those. Firefox is easy to download, and in my opinion, much better than explorer, most of the time.

[hugs]

xox
    nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

Josh
    Safri also has it, and I think Safari is better =] Er, sorry for going off topic slightly

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by fg_weasley
    If you have Firefox, as I do, then it should already have it. Mine does. Of course, it still says things like fic and drabble are incorrect, but you can always just ignore those. Firefox is easy to download, and in my opinion, much better than explorer, most of the time.
    If you right-click on words that Firefox doesn't recognize as words, you can also add them to its dictionary.

Added bonus from Firefox: you can use Adblocker and never see the ads posted on MNFF.

Edited by mod: offsite links are banned.

Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    If you right-click on words that Firefox doesn't recognize as words, you can also add them to its dictionary.

Added bonus from Firefox: you can use Adblocker and never see the ads posted on MNFF.
    you shouldn't really be using that for MNFF, some random site, maybe..