Thread: Scoring in Quidditch - Quickly

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

Scoring in Quidditch - Quickly

Hello

I'm writing a fic at the moment where a Chaser wants to break a long standing record. The record is 'Fastest 100 points scored by one person.' (I know that's a mouthful- I'll change it )

The question is what do you think the record time should be? Is the 30 minute mark too much, too little? Time-outs won't count towards the time as a team could ruin someone's chance too easily.

It's a Hogwarts Game by the way and not an International and it has absolutely nothing to do with the QWC on this board so please help a hapless Hufflepuff.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Hermoine Jean Granger
    If it is a Hogwarts match, I feel that it basically depends on the Keeper at the other end, rather than the Chaser. If we have a good Keeper, the fastest 100 may be something near 2-3 hours, I'd guess.

If the Keeper is a slow-headed, weak one, anything between half-an hour to an hour seems good to me!

Hope that helps!

\two knuts

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Unfortunately the Keeper's Oliver Wood but he's distracted by an incident that occurs before the match and it's his first season in charge.

Thanks for your reply- I hadn't really factored in the skill of the Keeper.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

cirelondiel
    So Wood is the Keeper in your fic, right, but you're looking for the time that's already been set in an earlier match?

I think it could be as little as 10 mins, say if it happened to have been set in a match between a really good team (with one particularly strong Chaser) and a really bad team, possibly with a few players down. The good team could easily pull 10 goals (= 100 points)ahead in that amount of time in those conditions.

That would certainly make it difficult for your character to beat with Wood as Keeper, even if he's not in top form!

-- Chels