Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atmosphere Change

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Hi there,

I haven't spoken to the rest of the mods about this thread yet because I've only just woken up and logged on to read it, but I felt I should post here straight away.

Firstly, I want to apologise on behalf of all of the moderators if anyone feels we have caused a change in the atmosphere on the site. I agree that this change has happened, but I'm afraid I don't think we could stop it from happening.

As you all know, we have recently lost a bucket full of moderators - who were and are great friends to all of us - and I'm afraid it's effected us quite badly. All of the workload that used to be shared between around 20 moderators is currently being handled by almost half that number so we're all a little stressed.

However, we have been making a concious effort to change this and seeing a thread like this one spring up does hurt a little.

Audiofictions and other new features we have planned for the coming months are not only designed to bring excitement to the site but to bring you all together and make the site happier again.

If you feel this has not happened, again, I am very sorry that we are failing you.

I must agree with some of the other posts here though, you can't solely blame the moderators for the change. If you want to make this site happier again, you all need to work at welcoming people and enjoying the site.

We provide a service and we are here to make sure the site runs smoothly, but we can only do so much - especially now.

Thank you to the Hufflepuffs that have commented on my effort to make Hufflepuff warm and friendly - but Hufflepuff has always been like that thanks to the amazing people in our house. I honestly can't take credit for it.

To the rest of you - Go and spread the love! Don't dwell on our failings because that brings the atmosphere down, but celebrate what is good about the site and explore! Meet new people from other houses, enter competitions and games around the site and just try and remember that MNFF isn't about the moderators - it's about the fans. It's about you! So enjoy it!

Euphrates
    A reply, because I feel guilty. =(

For clarification, I don't think the mods are rude in the Ask a Moderator threads or the Suggestion forums. I don't think the mods are rude at all. I think they are underappreciated and overworked, and that affects what they do and how they act and it's partially the fault of every single person on this site. In fact, I find myself growing angry with a lot of members in the Suggestions forum simply because they won't take no for an answer, even when their idea is infeasible. I support the mods 100%, but that doesn't mean something doesn't need to be done.

Of course, I may just be the pot calling the kettle black here. Please tell me I'm not offending anyone. I blame myself for all of this, too. Gah. I suck at this. =(

I don't think anything could have been done to prevent this change, but certainly something can be done to fix it now, now that we have 20/20 hindsight and all that.

*goes off to PM newbies and post in the Gryff Tower*

If you take only one thing out of this post though, mods, take this: you're not failing us. I never said that and I don't believe anyone else did. How could we justify doing exactly what we say is happening? No. You guys are amazing, I love your dedication, and I think you're taking steps in the right direction with AudioFics and this Suggestions forum. I just think you need help. Let people help.

And maybe that's the heart of the matter...?
    ^incoherency bred from little sleep

<3Kate

ix3thehpseries
    I feel really bad about posting in here....

Mods, we really do love you and appreciate you, and I didn't mean to make it seem like you're to blame and if I did I'm really sorry. What I meant was that there's just so many new people and many of the mods are leaving and you guys are getting really overloaded...and I really don't know what I'm saying. Basically, I'm sorry if I offended any of hte mods, or anyone, and I really do love and appreciate all that you guys do for this site, it would be nothing without you.

--Jorie*

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Everyone, we understand what you're saying. We really do. The last few months have been particuarly difficult, as you all are clearly aware.

No one is offended. That said, what we would prefer is constructive suggestions. If you have them, and think they would promote a more warm-fuzzy feeling on the site, by all means, let us know. We'd rather people offer a solution than just say that there's a problem.

For what it's worth, we appreciate all of you as well. And we really do understand that without members, there is no site. I assure you, that any discussion that comes up behind the scenes, members' well-being is always concern number one.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    I have read through all the posts in this thread, and I hope I didn't come off as criticizing the mods. I know it isn't just the mods who are responsible for the way things feel around here. There have been quite a few new members on the boards and with the loss of mods on top of that, there isn't as much friendliness.

There has been quite a few changes made by the mods that are wonderful. This forum for one, the audiofics are another. There is a thread in this forum called Diversify Forums, I think the suggestion of finding a way to increase interhouse unity would go along way to bring back the openness and friendliness this board has been known for.

One last thing, I for one completely understand the pressure the mods are under. Your job is hard to begin with, but add the loss of mods, and other things going on, your stress level has to be threw the roof. Please don't think I don't see and appreciate what you do. I do. And I know there are a lot of others who also do.

Originally posted by Roxy:
    Thank you to the Hufflepuffs that have commented on my effort to make Hufflepuff warm and friendly - but Hufflepuff has always been like that thanks to the amazing people in our house. I honestly can't take credit for it.
    Perhaps with some way of us Puffs being able to interact with other houses, we could spread the warm fuzzies we all enjoy and share in our house. Before I offended anyone else, I am not saying the other houses are not warm and friendly, but we don't really get to share in it. We all need to unite to create and share the warm fuzzies.

Okay, again, I am sorry if I offended or hurt anyone with my earlier post, it was not my intention.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    I'm just going to say - spreading the warm fuzzies to other houses was my plan for the 'Hug a Hufflepuff' competition. Unfortunately, that wasn't as successful as I hoped.

However, I think we're all pretty much in agreement that we want a happy site. As such, no one needs to apologise for anything and there is no need for further discussion here. I'll close this thread now.

Thank you all.