Thread: Song Fic Category

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once

Song Fic Category

Hi,
    I was wondering if it was possible to have a category for songfics? Or perhaps have it listed as a subcategory under poetry?

I have been on a roll writing songfics lately and while searching for other songfics, find it hard to find them on the archives as they are mixed into all categories.

Thanks for all your hard work. It is nice to know our suggestions are being heard.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Kcharles
    I don't think we need a whole catagory for them, but a sub catagory under poetry would be nice.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

In Fiction Junction we could have a 'Recommend a songfic' thread. That way they'd be easier to find, but can still be distinguished by categories on the main site.

/thought.

EDIT: Hmm, somehow I completely missed that when I went to check. Sorry!

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    In Fiction Junction we could have a 'Recommend a songfic' thread. That way they'd be easier to find, but can still be distinguished by categories on the main site.
    There is a recommend a songfic thread: click!
    I like the idea of a songfic category, but I'm not sure how practical it would be, since songfics can be about so many different characters/pairings/situations, etc. Maybe there could be something like a songfic warning, if that makes sense. It would just be a way to distinguish songfics without lumping fics on completely incongruous subjects into one category.
    Eliza

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    I like the idea of a songfic category, but I'm not sure how practical it would be, since songfics can be about so many different characters/pairings/situations, etc.
    That's EXACTLY what I wanted to say.

There would be humour songfics, angst songfics, and romance songfices of every pairing... It'd be hell for a reader to find a story in a particular genre.

I have been on a roll writing songfics lately and while searching for other songfics, find it hard to find them on the archives as they are mixed into all categories.
    It's not just songfics, MANY fics seem to be mixed into different cats. So whether it be fic or songfic, we have to choose a cat according to our discretion and submit it there.

Also- if you want to find songfics, you can do the advanced search on the archives- search by cat, and specify the word "songfic" in the summary. I'm sure at least 90% of all songfics would have it written in their summaries.

~BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    I like the idea of a songfic category, but I'm not sure how practical it would be, since songfics can be about so many different characters/pairings/situations, etc.
    Yes, this is true, however, is it not the same with poetry? There are many different characters/pairings/situations in that one category.

I think as a subcategory under poetry it would work. I agree this may not work as its own category as there may not be an overwhelming amount of stories, but I still feel it would be better to have a place for them.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    I'm afraid it isn't the same as Poetry, Terri.

Song-fics are fictions which contain song lyrics alongside their story, poems are their own form of literature. This means that whilst the content of the poetry varies hugely, it is all within a specific form. Song-fics are divided into the genre of the fiction, regardless of their songs.

We'll consider this carefully, but I think the thread in fiction junction is the best place for you to research songfictions.