Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 17

bertiebott12
    Hello,

For the past two hours, I have not been able to access MNFF, the boards, or Mugglenet. It said that they didn't exist. I tried clearing my cookies, switching computers, and switching internet signals, but nothing worked. It only started working just now. Was this a site-wide problem or was it only me?

Thanks,
    Claire

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    I've been having the EXACT SAME problem as Claire's but only it's been going on for three-ish days.

I tried from my friend's computer the day before, but it didn't work there either.

~BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

songbook99
    bertiebott21 and Sainyn Swiftfoot, there has probably been something kind of work going on with the server that has been causing problems. Whenever they work on the server, the site is usually inaccessible for a while.

4. 12-26-2008, 06:31 PM

5. 12-27-2008, 06:40 AM

wildchild

Question

Hi, happy holidays everyone.
    I was wondering when does the second term of classes start?
    I think somebody told me a while back it was January, but I'm not sure.
    Thanks in advance for any answers and I hope it's not in some extremely obvious place that I am missing!

Happy Holidays!
    Sara.

songbook99
    wildchild, the Spring term starts on Monday, January 5, 2009.

wildchild
    Thank you!
    But, er, can you sign up for classes yet?
    Thanks.
    Sara.
    EDIT: Abbi PMed me, thanks!

bellaoc
    Hi I was wondering when the August Interhouse Co-op challenge results were going to be posted. Thanks!

Bella

Edit: Nevermind, there was a post in the August Co-op challenge explaining why it wasn't judged and when it will be. Thanks anyway!

nancydrewgirl
    Okay, I don't know if this goes here or not, but if it doesn't, sorry.
    On the main site, everyone else seems to have banners and pictures in their profiles, and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. When I tried to upload my banners to the site using the Manage Images function, it kept saying that the images were too big, but I know that they weren't. Does anyone know about his or what I can do?
    Thanks a bunch!
    ~Aubrey

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    I seem to be facing the same problem as Aubrey. When I try to upload images it says that the images are too big, even when they are smaller than the limit. What can I do about it?

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    The manage images function on the archives does not work. We're trying to find out how to fix the problem but there doesn't seem to be a solution any time soon.

The banners that people have in their profiles are hosted on other sites such as photobucket and then the code is pasted into their accounts.

We do ask that authors keep their images and banners to a minimum in their archive profiles as they can make pages slower to load and make it harder to find actual information about the author's stories and favourites.

If you would like more information, visit the Navy in the Check-In Desk.