Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 17

krista_radcliffe
    So, I made my account at about 3 in the morning, and I really don't like my name. (Sorry, it's pretty lame )
    I know that you can't change your display name, but I was wondering if it's possible to delete an account or if I should just abandon this one and make a new one.
    Also, if I do give this one up, is it possible to get back into Ravenclaw, or do I just retake the test and see where I end up this time?
    Any help is nice

songbook99
    krista_radcliffe, it is against site rules to have more than one account. Your additional account has been deleted. It is also against site rules to change your username unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    For some reason, I haven't been able to post chapters lately. When I go to do so, it'll let me on, but then after I've put the chapter text in and pressed "Preview", it takes me to the "501- Method not Implemented" screen. I didn't try to submit it to more than one genre, the previous chapter has been approved, and pretty much everything else looks okay. I'm feeling kind of bad since it's been a while and I'd like to post a chapter.

Banner by the lovely Megan/FawkesToTheRescue

Vous parlez français? Slytherin
    Filch is a Squib!
    Hello dear mods!! I'm having some trouble uploading a new avatar (again!!). Somehow it seems that the URL that I take directly from my Photobucket account isn't right or something, so it says "Invalid URL" when I try to upload the avatar. I know it used to work before, because I had uploaded an icon in the past from my account and no error message had appeared. It also doesn't work when I try to copy the URL of another icon from an avatar site... I tried to take the icon directly from my computer and upload it, and even if the file is the good size, it won't let me do it, saying something like "Wrong extension file". Every time I want to put a new avatar, something wrong happens. I'm desperate!

Edit: Mods, you can delete that post, I found a solution to my problem. I'm sorry if I caused any trouble.

Banner by bittersweet_lullaby! Let's go back in time!

Irridescent
    How do I delete my account here for good? I don't want to change usernames or create a new one, I just want to leave cleanly.

Callista Melaney
    I've been trying to post a new thread in the Beta Services forum. I got a message that said that either I was probably trying to access a function that I am not supposed to access (like an administrative function, perhaps), or my account has been suspended/is not activated and that was why I couldn't post. I can post a thread in any other forum that the general public has posting access to, just not the Beta Services forum. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Appolonious, you may find more information here.

Viv, please PM the information about your avatar - is it a .jpg or .gif or .png?
    I will try to help you that way.

Irridescent, please PM either songbook99 or MarauderbyMidnight to have your account deleted.

Callista, until you have been sorted, posts in that forum must be manually approved by the forum's mod. Once you are sorted, you will have regular posting privledges. This helps keep all the spambots from posting inappropriate threads throughout our forum. Thanks for your patience.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Snape Hates Me
    Hello. I was just wondering if the queue would be locking down for the Christmas break as it normally does, and if so, when is the last day for submissions?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Hello there!

I've noticed a rather interesting glitch (well, I assume it is one) and thought I might like to point it out. This is what part of my little Control Panel thing looks like:

Private Messages: Unread 65535, Total 46.
    As you can see, I apparently have 65,535 unread messages! I assume it is just a glitch and I don't think it is at all serious. However, I thought I should let you know about it.

Tim the Enchanter

songbook99
    moonymaniac, we are still working on the dates for the queue closure over the holidays. We will post it as soon as everything has been decided and confirmed.

Tim the Enchanter, thank you for letting us know. It is a glitch we have had before. However, I think the way to resolve it is to clear your cookies and then the number should go back to the way it should be.