Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 17

LucillaJoanna
    christinem, we now have the Co-Author feature. In the Manage Stories option, have your friend click the Edit button beside the story you are to continue, and then he/she can list your username in the Co-Authors box. Both your usernames will then appear as the authors of the story. This way, you are acknowledging she began it, without having to write under her username and use his/her account to respond to reviews.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Pauie- but then, won't only her friend be able to reply to reviews and all that? Because sometime ago, only the co-author who actually SUBMITTED the story could reply to reviews, change the category of the story and all that stuff... Has that been ironed out now?

~BB

(Edited after research, hee): Joanna: Oh, sorry and thank you, BB. I remembered that belatedly. It would be good to follow Hannah's advice below, christinem. For reference, read this and it's mother forum. Thank you.

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    christinem: As far as I can remember, only the original author would be able to respond to reviews. However your friend could delete the first chapter and you could resubmit it on you account (while listing your friend as a co-author using the method described above.) If you mention in an author's note that the first chapter had already been approved once then the moderator looking at it will keep that in mind. This way, you will be crediting your friend and still retain the ability to respond to reviews.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Hi,

I've been away for a while, so I'm not entirely sure... I'm wondering when the results for the third Quicksilver were announced. I couldn't find the thread announcing the winners anywhere. Guide, please?

Thanks.

-Akay

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Akay,

The QSQ results haven't been posted yet. The committees are still working on deciding, but we've all had a difficult time with RL and hiatuses getting in the way. Keep an eye out, though; we're doing the best we can. In an earlier post, I think the answer said before Easter.

- Melissa

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

James Jameson
    I've noticed that some people use a different font from the rest of us for all of their posts. Is there any way that I can do this without having to change it every time?

Thanks!

Tine

LucillaJoanna
    James Jameson, Tine dear, when I was a newbie, I used to be so art-y in my posts, with font and font color changes all over. But then I was informed mods use the color change to comment on things and that this default font and color is the one easiest to read by anyone on any techie thing they use.

As for setting the font for all posts without click-clicking, I'd like to know that myself.

malteselover
    My deepest apologies if this has been asked before...

On the rules for submissions, it said that the fanfics submitted must be canon. I was wondering, is The Tales of Beedle the Bard considered canon? Like, let's say I wrote a story that revolved around a character from one of the tales, or even Beedle himself. Would it be acceptable?

Thanks!

9. 02-17-2009, 09:01 PM

Vindictus Viridian
    malteselover:

What we mean by "Must be canon" is that if the book does it one way and the movie another, your story should follow the book, e.g. Harry's eyes are definitely green. Likewise, if something is definitively asserted in the books, such as that the Slytherin common room is in the basement, you may not then move them up to a tower without some kind of explanation, perhaps a Marauder prank causing massive flooding. You're certainly free to use Beedle the Bard as canon also, now that it's written -- basically, anything Jo has written down is fair game. Interviews, we're a lot less fussy about, partly because they sometimes contradict each other and partly because she gives rather a lot of them.

A story about Beedle, if well-backed with historical smidgets, would be wonderful.

Amortentia x

Deleting Reviews?

Hi,

I searced the Ask A Moderator Storage but I couldn't find this question; sorry if I missed it! Can you delete reviews?
    Some-one posted the same review twice on my fan-fic and I can't seem to find a way to delete it!
    Sorry if the answer's really obvious - it's just been irritating me!

Thanks,
    -Emma.