Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 17

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    This is mostly out of curiosity than anything else; its not a problem or a pressing need, but I was wondering and didn't know where else to ask. Anyway, my question is this: Who picks the featured stories and how are they selected? Is there a certain team of mods and a formula, or ... what? lol.

[hugs]

xox
    nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Orginally posted by Ghoul in Pajamas:
    I have a question about the main MNFF site. My favorite story ever, The Unseemly Proposal by sparx, seems to have been abandoned. I don't think it's been updated in about a year. Would anyone happen to know what happened? Or is there a way she can be contacted, aside from reviews?
    Have you checked the author page for an email address? You can try email the author. I don't know what may have happened to her/him. Maybe someone else does?

Originally posted by Nikki:
    This is mostly out of curiosity than anything else; its not a problem or a pressing need, but I was wondering and didn't know where else to ask. Anyway, my question is this: Who picks the featured stories and how are they selected? Is there a certain team of mods and a formula, or ... what? lol.
    All current mods take turn picking the 3 featured stories. These stories will be featured for 3 weeks, then change. Our goal is to give you a mixture of stories as featured. As each mod likes different things, each set will be different.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Azhure
    Hi,

I was just wondering who moderates the General category, as in the actual 'General' one -- I suppose I should call it the General subcategory. I wanted to know how long my story King Arthur has been in the queue, and if it has been over ten days, just to make sure it hasn't been forgotten.

I'm sorry if there is a current staff list where I could find this information, but the one on the archives didn't mention the General subcategory (and then I remembered that it could possibly be a category that doesn't have a specific mod?), and I did a brief search on the forums with no results.

So basically, I just want to know how long my story King Arthur has been in the queue, because I can't remember if I did an edit after I submitted it. My username on the archives is Ginny_Alamalexia, by the way.

Thanks! *hugs you all*

Colores
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhure
    Hi,

I was just wondering who moderates the General category, as in the actual 'General' one -- I suppose I should call it the General subcategory. I wanted to know how long my story King Arthur has been in the queue, and if it has been over ten days, just to make sure it hasn't been forgotten.

I'm sorry if there is a current staff list where I could find this information, but the one on the archives didn't mention the General subcategory (and then I remembered that it could possibly be a category that doesn't have a specific mod?), and I did a brief search on the forums with no results.

So basically, I just want to know how long my story King Arthur has been in the queue, because I can't remember if I did an edit after I submitted it. My username on the archives is Ginny_Alamalexia, by the way.

Thanks! *hugs you all*
    General category doesn't have a specific moderator - it's open to all of us. I'll PM you the details of your story.

MerryD
    Okay . . . so, this is kind of a dumb question, but there are no stupid questions, right? only stupid people . . . a.k.a. ME >.>

Erm, anyway, if I have a story in which a character committs suicide, do I need a self-injury warning?

-hides- I told you it was dumb >.>

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    As there is a specific warning for suicide then I would say no, you do not require an additional self injury warning, unless there is any other form of self-harm which you feel a reader should be alerted to.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Sixth Year Ravenclaw
    Petrificus Totalus!
    WHAT'S COMING?

50505050505050550505050505050505050550505050505050 5050505505050
    lurky! pm to keep in contact please!

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    That is a very good question... I have no idea! Honestly! Please let me know as soon as you find out!!

... Can anyone else smell burning?

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    Hi,
    Sorry if there's a better place to ask this (please let me know if there is ) but the latest chapter of my story Persephone has been in the queue for about two weeks now. I was just wondering if it's close to being validated. If somebody could let me know, that would be great!
    Thanks
    Eliza

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Eliza,
    There are only a few stories ahead of yours. I do apologise for the delay. Hopefully it will be looked at within a day or two.

Again, I am sorry for the delay.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House