Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 17

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I have a question about adding images to our author's profiles.

We have an option called 'Manage Images', but there seem to be some problems with it, namely now matter what the pixel size of the banner you try to post is, it always says it is too big.

There is an option under 'Edit Bio' that allows us to post one banner at a time, but that's it.

Is the 'Manage Images' function doing to be looked at by the coders soon? Or are we just limited to the one-banner option? I've checked, and we're no longer able to post images with the old codes we used before.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Bine, but what if I post in someone's thread, and then suddenly remember that I left some detail out? I can't double post, can I?

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    How do I disable the option that tells when I was last online on the forums?

Thanks.

- Akay

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

SlytherinTears
    I know this question has been asked countless times, but how long is the current queue? I've had my first chapter submitted for a week, and I was wondering if this was normal?

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Padfoot Patronus: If you are referring to the feature which stops you showing up in the users online list (therefore meaning it is also not possible for users to see when you were last online) then you can find it by going into edit options in the User UP and checking the first box labelled 'Use Invisible Mode'

SlytherinTears: As has already been stated in this thread, if your story passes the ten day mark, please contact the moderator in charge of that category.

To the other two: sorry I don't know the answer to your questions but I'm sure another mod will be along soon to answer them.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Padfoot Patronus - If you are referring to the part of your profile that says, "Last online 3/12/2009 at 5:32am" I do not believe that can be removed. By looking at your question, that was what I thought it was that you were referring to. :-)

Sainyn Swiftfoot - If you realise you have made a mistake or omitted something, contact the moderator for that forum and they can edit it in or out.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Molly, I believe what you're referring to is actually an issue with the Mugglenet main server, and therefore something we do not have control over. If it allows you to just show one banner at a time (and honestly, I'm not certain it will even do that) then that is what we'll have to live with. If anyone else knows something I do not, please advise.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

Ghoul in Pajamas
    I have a question about the main MNFF site. My favorite story ever, The Unseemly Proposal by sparx, seems to have been abandoned. I don't think it's been updated in about a year. Would anyone happen to know what happened? Or is there a way she can be contacted, aside from reviews? Reviews don't seem to be working, seeing as there are pages of reviews asking if she is continuing the story.

By the way, I don't mean to sound like a nag, as I completely understand writer's block, and getting too busy and drifting away from mugglenet for a while. I'm just totally addicted to the story. (Seriously, it's the best!)

youaremylifenow
    Hi. I was wondering how suggestions are dealt with? I really don't mean to be a pain, and that you all have busy, busy lives, but I am curious. I suggested a topic several months ago that had no resolution and recently submitted a new. I was wondering if all topics are dealt with eventually, or if they are not plausible, just left alone?

Sorry for being annoying. *ducks head in shame*

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by youaremylifenow
    Hi. I was wondering how suggestions are dealt with? I really don't mean to be a pain, and that you all have busy, busy lives, but I am curious. I suggested a topic several months ago that had no resolution and recently submitted a new. I was wondering if all topics are dealt with eventually, or if they are not plausible, just left alone?

Sorry for being annoying. *ducks head in shame*
    Don't apologise!

Every couple of weeks we take a handful of suggestions at a time and discuss them. I have to check back in the thread to remind myself which one was yours (sorry, I should have done that before replying) and see what became of it. When a suggestion works nicely with what the site has always tried to cater to (becoming better writers and forming a close-knit HP loving community, hehe) we find ways to bring it into action.

Some ideas are very clean cut and some take more work than others. There are also the groups of suggestions that just don't have a string following, be it from the other members or the moderators.

Just remember that each idea is looked at and it is an ongoing process.

Thank you for your question. I'm sure many people were wondering the same thing. :-)

~Nicole/NikkiSue
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3