Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 17

i AM lily potter
    I'm probably just not looking hard enough, or I haven't been around frequently enough to know, but when are the Quicksilver Quills winners going to be announced?

Thanks and sorry for the probably-somewhere-else-on-the-beta-boards question.

--Victoria

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by i AM lily potter
    I'm probably just not looking hard enough, or I haven't been around frequently enough to know, but when are the Quicksilver Quills winners going to be announced?

Thanks and sorry for the probably-somewhere-else-on-the-beta-boards question.

--Victoria
    It had been announced earlier that the Quicksilver Quill Winners will be announced in December rather than October.

3. 11-16-2008, 12:46 AM

4. 11-16-2008, 08:11 PM

Nundu
    Now that the first chapter of my story, Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered has been validated (*does happy dance*), I submitted chapter 2 last night. It is not showing on the queue. Is that normal?

Keepergirl21

Problem With Italics

The chapters of my story "Dark Side of the Moon" appear to the reader to be all in italics. I've been using the <i> </i> html code, and when I preview the chapter under my account under edit, only the parts of the story that I put the italic html code around appear italic to me - which is why I didn't realize there was a problem until a chapter of mine wasn't validated beceause of the italic formatting issue.
    Then if I log out of my account and view my story as a reader, the whole chapter is in italics. I tried taking out the italic html code completely out of a chapter that had already been validated to see if that would at least take away the italics, but again if I logged out of my account and viewed the story as reader (even with all the italic html codes deleted) the chapter still appears in all italics. How can I fix this problem?

Vindictus Viridian
    Nundu: The new chapter should only show in your management section. It has to be validated in the same process as the first.

Keepergirl21: This sounds like you are missing a /i in the title, summary or authornotes. This is one of the reasons we discourage formatting in those places -- not only to keep the advertising portion of your story tidy, but also because it's too easy to forget to turn off one of the formatting tags and mutate everything else on the screen. Let me know if that isn't the problem.

pheonixflame
    Hi!

I've been having a problem with editing my bio on the main portion of the MNFF site. I've tried a few times, all on different occasions, but still nothing. All I get is "The website is unable to display the webpage." Any advice?

Thanks!

-Mari

Nundu
    Thanks for the answer, Vindictus Viridian. Perhaps I didn't explain myself fully. I do understand each chapter must be validated individually.

I am looking in the 'Manage Stories' portion of my account (there isn't anywhere else to view the queue, is there?), but it just shows what I presume is my first chapter, as 'Validated'. There is no sign of my second chapter. Does each chapter show as a different item on that list? (that's what I'm presuming) May I presume since you did not indicate the chapter was MIA, that the 2nd chapter is, indeed, in queue?

songbook99
    phoenixflame, you will need to remove any images from your bio before you can edit it. If that does not work, please contact me so it can be worked on.

Nundu, you do not have any chapters in the queue. If you did not receive an email that your chapter had been validated, please resubmit it.

Nundu
    I'm being a pest, I know, but still trying to figure this out, and it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I went to 'Add a new chapter' this evening, and it automatically titled it 'Chapter 3'. I remember it automatically titled the chapter I thought I had submitted 'Chapter 2'.

This evening I changed it to 'Chapter 2', pasted my text, did the coding, previewed it and then submitted it, yet when I look at my management page, it still doesn't show a chapter in queue. It does show the story submitted on 11/15/08, which was the date I submitted chapter 2 originally.

What am I doing wrong?

Marauder by Midnight
    Nundu - You've already submitted Chapter 2 on November 17.

These are individual problems that should be dealt with by PM. Again, the Ask the Moderator thread is for general questions.