Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 17

magyk001
    Since you don't have a system for co-authors, would it be alright if i advertised for one in the beta section? Or maybe you could tell me where i should advertise it?

2. 10-24-2008, 12:35 AM

songbook99
    magyk001, the beta forums is probably not the most appropriate place to ask for a co-author. Perhaps the best place, if you already have a plot idea, would be the Skele-Gro Plot Potion forum or in your House forum. You should contact the moderator in charge of the forum before you make any posts to make sure it is okay.

quidditchgirl
    Hi, I don't know if I should ask this here or in the 'I didn't get a rejection letter.' I'm just getting a little anxious because my (first ever) story that I submitted on the 10th (over two weeks ago) still hasn't been rejected or validated. I know that you have been swamped with submissions, but do you have an estimate on when you think I might be able to get a response?
    Thanks!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Hi. I have a rather strange problem - the preview button doesn't work on the boards. Actually, it's pretty random: I tried it in different forums, and it works fine in the Gryffindor Tower and TTB, and it works for this very post as well. In Dean's Corner it previews if I write a short text, but gives HTTP 501/505 error when I try to preview a long post with links and images. Unfortunately this poses a huge problem for me because I have to post a lecture in my fan-art class which is already late, but I cannot preview a post or submit it. I cleared all cookies and history, but it didn't make a difference. You'd understand that I need links and images in that class so I'm not sure what to do at the moment.

It would really appreciate some help or a temporary solution to post the lecture if it takes a while to be fixed. Many thanks in advance.

Edit: I discovered the oddity. There's certain passage that the site won't preview and funnily enough, it doesn't even admit me to post it here. O.o Should I PM it to one of the mods? It's not big deal, seeing as I can try to paraphrase the passage, but it's really very strange.
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hi there

I submitted a new Chapter as soon as the queue opened (10th Oct I think). I realise you're very busy so I'm not asking about that. Problem is I've just noticed an error so have gone back in and corrected it. Will this mean it goes to the back of the queue? I'd just like to know so I can stop hanging around my inbox

Name Equinox Chick
    Story The Lions of Gryffindor
    Chapter Title Advice from The Fat Lady
    GenreMarauder Era

Ta

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

songbook99
    kehribar, go ahead and PM the passage to me. It could be that there is something in it that our forum filters do not like and that is why it can't be posted.

Equinox Chick, if you edit your chapter that is currently in the queue, the date will change to the date you edit it and not your submitted date. I know that those submissions submitted on the tenth are up next for moderation in the Marauder Era category so your should be done soon. If it's not done in the next day or two, please contact me and I will go ahead and moderate it.

quidditchgirl
    Ookay, I'll try rephrasing my question.
    It's been over 20 days. My fanfiction hasn't been validated and I haven't gotten a rejection letter or anything of the sort. Do you have an estimated time when I might be able to know if it was validated or not?
    It's a Post-Hogwarts fic, if that helps.
    EDIT: I sent you a PM

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    quidditchgirl, PM me your username on the archive (if different) and the story title, and I will see what I can find out. I just looked in the queue, and there is no chapter there with your username, and the oldest story in PH in much less than 20 days old.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

wildchild

Question

I just submitted the second chapter for my Post-Hogwarts fic, and someone told me that you cam't sumbit two chapters to the same category at the same time.
    Somehow, both my stories are Post-Howarts, so I can't submit the second one anywhere else.
    So, can I submit two chapters of different stories in the same category?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by wildchild
    I just submitted the second chapter for my Post-Hogwarts fic, and someone told me that you cam't sumbit two chapters to the same category at the same time.
    Somehow, both my stories are Post-Howarts, so I can't submit the second one anywhere else.
    So, can I submit two chapters of different stories in the same category?
    No. http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewpage.php?page=faq#7

12. 11-09-2008, 06:07 PM