Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talking Photos!

Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfen07
    Well thank you guys for your replies. Oh! and Nundu thank you for correcting me. Sorry i mixed up photos and portraits. Its actually the portraits that I meant.

Um, Josh don't you think that as the rightful heir of Grimmauld Place, he should at least be entitled to have one? This is purely my imagination though. What do you think?
    Yes, I would have said so if it had not been for the fact he had been blasted off the family tree. All his family had lost respect for him and his house-elf had shown no respect while he was alive, other than what was necessary to abide by the house elves' laws. The Black Family was very large, as all pureblood wizarding families are yet I think you're right in saying that as the true heir. Yet Grimmauld Place must have been home to hundreds of people, all of whom would have probably been the rightful heir at the time, yet we only ever know or here of two.

But, if we take what I said last time as semi-correct, that places have normal portraits made and then they are enchanted, I'm pretty certain Harry would have commisioned one if he lived in Grimmauld Place at a later date, and still even if he moved out.

I think JK has quite a few loopholes in this, so I don't think anyone will mind that much if you "make it up" so to speak!

~Josh

Azhure
    A lot of the issue with Sirius having a portrait goes back to what was said before. It's fair enough that Sirius is the heir, etc., but would he really want a portrait of himself in his family's house? He is entitled to one, yes, but even then I don't think there would be one.

Also, I don't think Harry would get a portrait of Sirius put in the house. Harry knows how much Sirius loathed his family and everything to do with them. So why permanantly connect Sirius to the house? I can see Harry getting a portrait of Sirius, but not putting it in Grimmauld Place. Even if Harry did end up living there.

~~Azhure~~

Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhure
    A lot of the issue with Sirius having a portrait goes back to what was said before. It's fair enough that Sirius is the heir, etc., but would he really want a portrait of himself in his family's house? He is entitled to one, yes, but even then I don't think there would be one.

Also, I don't think Harry would get a portrait of Sirius put in the house. Harry knows how much Sirius loathed his family and everything to do with them. So why permanantly connect Sirius to the house? I can see Harry getting a portrait of Sirius, but not putting it in Grimmauld Place. Even if Harry did end up living there.

~~Azhure~~
    Yes I suppose you may be right there, I didn't really consider that.