Thread: Quote notification option

Quote notification option

I think it'd be a good idea if MNFF beta board-goers had the option of receiving e-mail notifications when someone quotes something they said in a previous post. It would be a useful feature, as it would allow people to know when somebody replies to a post they made without them having to subscribe to the thread or check back on it periodically.

James Jameson
    I'm not so sure about this. After all, not everyone quotes entirely properly. In fact, I know that many people (at least in Hufflepuff) don't use the quote button, and instead copy/paste significant parts of each quote and just insert the first name of whoever was writing, or just say: "Suzannah said this a few posts back:", you know?

Not trying to be a buzzkill or party pooper here....

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    in a book <33
    I agree with Tine. Also, a lot of people quote multiple people in that way [Tine's way]. e.g,

Quote Originally Posted by Tine
    I'm not so sure about this.
    and then I could do:

Quote Originally Posted by liquid_silver
    It would be a useful feature
    And, maybe this is just me, but I subscribe to all the threads I post in, otherwise you don't really keep up with the discussion. I mean, like Tine said, some don't quote, they just mention, so in that case it would be no use.

/my 2 cents

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Dobby is always in Snape's closet
    You'd like to know . . .
    Thank you for your suggestion.

Though I understand the idea behind your proposal, it seems as if, as suggested earlier, subscribing to the forums as you post would allow for you to see who has used a quote.

Trying to track individual quotes in any other manner just doesn't sound very realistic at this point in time.

Thanks again.

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3