Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Navy III

Treacle_Heart
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCatElly
    Hi there

I requested to join the PI guild on Monday, with my PI number, but havnt heard anything yet. I've already taken on two stories to beta from users on this site through perfect imagination. How long is the wait usually for group memberships? I really want to join the guild so that I can show people a thread instead of redirecting them to my PI profile.

Thanks a million
    CoolCatElly
    As you know, our mods can be incredibly busy at times, and they're not always on. Just wait a little bit, and remember to check your profile-- you don't get notified if you've been let in or not.
    If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help you.

--Julia

CoolCatElly
    Quote Originally Posted by Treacle_Heart
    As you know, our mods can be incredibly busy at times, and they're not always on. Just wait a little bit, and remember to check your profile-- you don't get notified if you've been let in or not.
    If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help you.

--Julia
    thanks julia, so I just keep checking my group membership page - I would also know if I'd been rejected, righ? Just for future references... Yea I don't even want to know what sort of chaos the server swritch caused for the poor mods. Haha I'll just be patient

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    I'd also like to point out that the site has been fickle. The majority of the memberas have been unable to log on in almost a week. So far so good today so the key is patience, hehe.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

IckleRonniex
    So. Uhm. I've been trying to change my avatar for like, ten minutes but it always says that there's an error or something. Well, it exactly says: "The site cannot be opened." and I was like wth. But I really want to change my avatar and I don't know what to do. I wonder if someone else sees my Sirius avatar, or if it's just me?

red haired mom
    Quote Originally Posted by IckleRonniex
    So. Uhm. I've been trying to change my avatar for like, ten minutes but it always says that there's an error or something. Well, it exactly says: "The site cannot be opened." and I was like wth. But I really want to change my avatar and I don't know what to do. I wonder if someone else sees my Sirius avatar, or if it's just me?
    Custom Avatar
    If you have a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are.
    Use Custom Avatar
    You may upload a new custom image using the controls below. Either enter the URL to the image you wish to use, or use the upload control to upload an image directly from your own computer.
    Enter Avatar URL:

Upload an Avatar From Your Computer:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
    If you are using the URL option to put on a new avvie then you might try saving the avvie directly to your computer and then uploading from there.

I always upload from my computer so there isn't a problem with opening the website. Just make sure the avvie is the correct size and isn't animated. You won't be able to use those.

Hope that helps.
    ~Wendy

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Hi -

I'm wondering if we have anymore of those threads where we can request about some specific sort of story we'd like to read, and then other members give recommedations based on stories they have read. I can't seem to find anything like that in the Fiction Junction. Can I or can't I make a thread to ask for SSP James/Remus story recommedations?

Thanks,

-Akay-

Edit: Thanks, Spire!

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Hey, Akay! Yes, the 'What I'd like to see' sub-forum in the Fiction Junction is designed for the purpose you're describing I think. -squishes- xx

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I wasn't sure if this was the place to ask this, so please let me know where I should ask this question if this is not the place.

I was wondering: are we are allowed to use our custom banners/avvies (made by the fantastic designers here) on another forum not connected to MNFF/beta boards (with the proper credit, of course)?

Thanks!

- Mercy

~*~Duelling~*~Writing~*~Drabble-ing?~*~Felix Lupin~*~
    Positively amazing A Mix of Alliances and Sentiments trailer by lunaselenia.

Beautiful banner by the talented the opaleye. Indefinite hiatus due to university.

Treacle_Heart
    I might not be the best person to answer this, but I often use avvies from livejournal after asking the maker if it's okay. I s'pose if the bannermaker is okay with you using it somewhere else, it should be all right, myes? (:
    Second opinion, modly?

HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    I believe Treacle_Heart is correct.

There are no rules against it, but speak to the individual bannermaker. They'll tell you whether or not they are comfortable with you using their work somewhere else, and how they'd like to be credited. I know many of our bannermakers use other sites, some specifically for graphic design, and they may want to be credited with a different username for a completely different website.

--Selina