Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Navy III

whomovedmyquil
    ron lover: A mild language isn't necessary for the word 'Mudblood.' While it may have offended the individual you encountered, I think its safe to say that the average person would not find the term offensive.

FoxPoint327
    Hi,
    I'm a new member; I registered a little over 24 hours ago. I'm a bit confused as to how to maneuver the boards. Whenever I go to post a new thread, or comment/reply on other threads, I always get this pop-up message, telling me that I am not allowed. Sometimes it says that my account hasn't been fully activated yet. What does this mean, and what should I do about it? Also, where do I go to log in to the site? Does each part of Mugglenet have their own membership registration?

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    I'm a new member; I registered a little over 24 hours ago. I'm a bit confused as to how to maneuver the boards. Whenever I go to post a new thread, or comment/reply on other threads, I always get this pop-up message, telling me that I am not allowed. Sometimes it says that my account hasn't been fully activated yet. What does this mean, and what should I do about it? Also, where do I go to log in to the site? Does each part of Mugglenet have their own membership registration?
    Hi, FoxPoint327! Welcome to the boards!

Since registering to the boards have you logged in to your email and clicked the link in the MuggleNet message you will have received? If not, do that now and follow the instructions to activate your account. When that is done you will be able to post, although as you are not sorted your messages may take a while to show up. To be sorted, send a PM to SortingHat.

Before you're sorted, you can't get to all the parts of the site. Once you're sorted though, you can look at all the forums, and post in all the public ones. Some forums require you to be part of a usergroup to post, though. E.g. SPEW.

I hope that helps!

FoxPoint327

Emaial confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by inspirations
    Hi, FoxPoint327! Welcome to the boards!

Since registering to the boards have you logged in to your email and clicked the link in the MuggleNet message you will have received? If not, do that now and follow the instructions to activate your account. When that is done you will be able to post, although as you are not sorted your messages may take a while to show up. To be sorted, send a PM to SortingHat.

Before you're sorted, you can't get to all the parts of the site. Once you're sorted though, you can look at all the forums, and post in all the public ones. Some forums require you to be part of a usergroup to post, though. E.g. SPEW.

I hope that helps!
    Yes, it did! thank you very much. However, I've checked my email inbox, and I could not find any such letter asking me to confirm my account. How would I go about requesting an email confirmation thing-a-majig? Is there a way you can do that? Do you know?

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    FoxPoint327
    I checked your profile in the admin area, you are not showing as awaiting email confirmation. You need to PM the SortingHat and be sorted. Once placed in a house, your posts will show without having to be manually approved by a mod.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Juliet360
    One of my fellow Ravenclaws made me a banner for my signature, and I followed the directions to put it there. When you look at my profile, you can see it and I can see it at the bottom of my posts, but another fellow Ravenclaw said that no one else can. I logged out and looked at one of my posts and it wasn't there. Is there some setting I need to change or something? Thanks in advance!

-Jules

padfoot_returns
    Juliet360: If you're talking about the "Proud owner of Arthur Weasley" banner, then I can see it just fine. I even asked a friend of mine if she can see it too and she could. I can see it under your posts and I can see it in your profile as well. Perhaps your friend who couldn't see it had a glitch in his/her computer.

xxRiham

PhoenixAscendant
    Hi! I was browsing the forum and noticed that I couldn't post in any of the Filing Cabinet threads. Why is this happening? I can post everywhere else it seems.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    PhoenixAscendant: Filing Cabinet threads are locked for posting. No one can post in there. These are old discussion threads. All threads that are over two weeks old with no new posts, get moved into the filing cabinet for reference.

You can post in question threads in response to a post there or if you have a question, post a new thread in the main area of the forum.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

CoolCatElly

The PI guild

Hi there

I requested to join the PI guild on Monday, with my PI number, but havnt heard anything yet. I've already taken on two stories to beta from users on this site through perfect imagination. How long is the wait usually for group memberships? I really want to join the guild so that I can show people a thread instead of redirecting them to my PI profile.

Thanks a million
    CoolCatElly