Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Navy III

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mzap
    I wasn't sure if this was the place to ask this, so please let me know where I should ask this question if this is not the place.

I was wondering: are we are allowed to use our custom banners/avvies (made by the fantastic designers here) on another forum not connected to MNFF/beta boards (with the proper credit, of course)?

Thanks!

- Mercy
    Mercy -

You'll need the permission of the bannermaker and you'll need permission from the moderators on that site. MNFF for example does not allow banners for stories on other sites.

~Nicole

PS: Thanks for the quick reply everyone!
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Thanks everyone!

One more question: what if the member is no longer active and I can't get a hold of them?

Thanks in advance.

- Mercy

~*~Duelling~*~Writing~*~Drabble-ing?~*~Felix Lupin~*~
    Positively amazing A Mix of Alliances and Sentiments trailer by lunaselenia.

Beautiful banner by the talented the opaleye. Indefinite hiatus due to university.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mzap
    Thanks everyone!

One more question: what if the member is no longer active and I can't get a hold of them?

Thanks in advance.

- Mercy
    If it were me, I would refrain from using it at all in this case. Who is to say that the bannermaker wouldn't see it n the other site and object to it being used?

Otherwise, credit them regardless and take care to lock your door at night . . .

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

crazy_lunalovegood

How do I get sorted?

Hi, some people have told me how to be dorted but I still cnnot figure it out. Can you please tell me what to do to get sorted into a house? Please? HELP! And, thanks, if you can answer the question.

Thanks,
    Amanda

red haired mom
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_lunalovegood
    Hi, some people have told me how to be dorted but I still cnnot figure it out. Can you please tell me what to do to get sorted into a house? Please? HELP! And, thanks, if you can answer the question.

Thanks,
    Amanda
    Hello Amanda,

What you need to do is:
    1. Send a PM to the SortingHat requesting a Sorting Quiz.
    2. Then you'll need to answer the questions in the quiz that is PMd back to you.
    3. PM your answers back to the SortingHat.
    4. Await the reply that tells you what House you've been sorted into.

Did that make more sense?

If you need any more help, please don't hesitate to PM me or post here again with another question.

Good luck on the quiz!
    ~Wendy

DoxyEggs

Can't access any prompts/Account has not been activated yet

So I'm a newbie of the Ravenclaw variety and I've been looking around the boards. However, I can't look at Challenge Prompts, so basically, I can't participate in any type of challenge. All I get is this message:

DoxyEggs, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'm not sure who the Ravenclaw HoH is, so I don't know who to contact for help. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Doxy Eggs

red haired mom
    Quote Originally Posted by DoxyEggs
    So I'm a newbie of the Ravenclaw variety and I've been looking around the boards. However, I can't look at Challenge Prompts, so basically, I can't participate in any type of challenge. All I get is this message:

DoxyEggs, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'm not sure who the Ravenclaw HoH is, so I don't know who to contact for help. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Doxy Eggs
    Hi Doxy Eggs!

Our HoH is mugglemathdork.

Sometimes it takes a short time before you are actually added to the House so please don't get impatient. RL has a way of stalling things on occasion.

I'll send her a PM letting her know you are anxious to join the House and get started!

~Wendy

P.S. I sent the PM and was told you haven't been sorted yet. You'll need to send a PM to the SortingHat to get the quiz and then after it's completed and 'graded' you'll be put into whichever House your answers sort you to.

HPRoxMySox
    I hope this is the right place to ask this: How can I be sorted? I just want to view the challanges and it won't let me until I have been sorted. I tried PMing TheSortingHat but it said it's PM quota has been filled, so I don't know what to do.

Lunalovespudding

How?

I really like Ravenclaw, and the people in it seem really nice, but I have one question. HOW DO I GET SORTED SO I CAN BE IN RAVENCLAW ?????!!!!!!!!! Please answer me quickly as it is my dream to be in Ravenclaw!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Hey, guys! Welcome to the forums!

To be sorted you need to PM SortingHat to receive a quiz. Just send it back answered, and then wait for them to tell you what house you'll be joining.

HPRoxMySox -- make sure you're PMing SortingHat and not anybody else. If their inbox is still full in a few days, you could try PMing a moderator, such as NikkiSue, mudbloodproud, etc. There should be a list of mods around somewhere in this forum, or the questions forum...

Lunalovespudding -- PM SortingHat for a quiz, however there's no way to guarantee you'll be sorted into Ravenclaw. There's always the chance that your answers could be more Hufflepuff, Slytherin or Gryffindor. And although you might favour Ravenclaw, all the other houses are awesome, too, so don't worry about it.

I hope this helps, guys. xx