Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Navy III

Vampite
    Just a quick question, does anyone know when I'll get my sorting quiz and get sorted into my house? I really want to be able to enjoy MNFF to its fullest!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Hi!

I don't know if this is covered elsewhere, but I'm new and I'm really confused. I tried to post something in the I needed help with the information for a fic I was writing, and it wouldn't post. It says I have never posted anything, on my profile....and I can't find the thread in the forum. I am really confused, can you guys help me?
    That's nothing to worry about -- since you're not sorted, moderators have to manually approve your posts, so they can take a while to appear. Once you're in a house, you'll see your posts straight away when you submit them.

So, I'm not sure if this is how you get sorted, but here goes. I sent a PM to the screenname "SortingHat" asking for the quiz. It's been a few hours, but I haven't recieved it....is that normal? How long does it usually take? I'm pretty excited to get the quiz--and I know that it'll take awhile for my actual results to come, but the FAQs didn't say anything about how long it would take for the quiz to come. Thanks!
    Just a quick question, does anyone know when I'll get my sorting quiz and get sorted into my house? I really want to be able to enjoy MNFF to its fullest!
    It could take from hours to days to weeks, really, I suppose. I'm not 100% sure what the average time is to receive your quiz and/or results, but it depends on how often the moderators log into SortingHat to how soon you'll get your quiz. Still -- it'll be worth the wait!

Welcome to the beta boards the both of you, and I hope this helps! x

vatsan17
    Hey everyone, I have a question.

What happens in the classes thread in the forum?

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    The mods are trying to revamp the classes and hire the professors, etc. Generally that area of the forums contain classes that the members can take, assisting them with various levels of fan fiction writing. (Ex: Romance, Briticisms, beta reading, etc.) They are taught by various members of the forums - not all mods - and you receive points once the classes are over.

They are a TON of fun and I recommend everyone to take classes at least once in their MNFF career!

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

**plotbunnies**
    Hey!

A few years ago, I was a really active MNFF member. However, I moved to a new school and stopped coming on as frequently, and then eventually not at all. My account was deleted, I guess. So I made a new account (under the same name and email and all). My question is, should I pretty much start over from the beginning as a new person here, or is there some type of protocol for my case?

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by **plotbunnies**
    Hey!

A few years ago, I was a really active MNFF member. However, I moved to a new school and stopped coming on as frequently, and then eventually not at all. My account was deleted, I guess. So I made a new account (under the same name and email and all). My question is, should I pretty much start over from the beginning as a new person here, or is there some type of protocol for my case?

Welcome back!

Yes, there has been a recent purging of members who have been inactive for more than a year to make more space (and thus eliminate problems) on the site. I'm sorry you have to go through the motions again but feel free to take off and do as you were doing before you left . . . I think. ;-)

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

The_A_Scribe
    Where are my posts? I'm new and by beta request and OC threads aren't to be found.

HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    Hello!

In a few of the forums, unsorted members need to have their posts approved by the forum's moderator manually. It's to prevent spammers, and other such cases. Once you're Sorted and put into your House's usergroup, they will show up right away.

xxSelina

**plotbunnies**
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiSue
    Welcome back!

Yes, there has been a recent purging of members who have been inactive for more than a year to make more space (and thus eliminate problems) on the site. I'm sorry you have to go through the motions again but feel free to take off and do as you were doing before you left . . . I think. ;-)

~Nicole

Thanks for your help! I'm really excited to get back into the swing of things

-Anne

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    What's With Mars?

Hello!

I've got a few questions that I'm hoping can be answered.

1.) I go on MNFF and these forums ALOT. Soon, there was a "404 Bad Service Request" when I tried to go on MNFF from my phone. Then, there was a "501 Not Found" (or something like that) on my main computer. Now I am on my laptop and I am so afraid that I will soon not be able to get on. What is happening?!

2.) I am super, super, excited to get Sorted. I sent a PM to the SortingHat two days ago, then got the quiz very late that night. I took it yesterday, and I am waiting for a response. But then I noticed that my inbox had 2 messages and my sent had 3. Was my PM box full? Would that have prevented me from receiving my response? If so, how long will it take to Sort me?

Thank you!!

-Megan