Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Navy III

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Harry_Potter4life: To get a signature, go into user cp >> look for settings & options in the sidebar >> edit signature. From there, you can use the tools to type some text, or whatever. I've got a feeling only sorted members can have signatures, though? I think I heard that somewhere... contradict me if I'm wrong. Lol. xx

James Jameson
    No I'm pretty sure that you can even if you're not sorted. I had one, at least :P

Good luck on the forums, hun!

<3 Tine

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hermione, you're a girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by James Jameson
    No I'm pretty sure that you can even if you're not sorted. I had one, at least :P

Good luck on the forums, hun!

<3 Tine
    Actually . . .

You (Tine) were sorted before we got hit by all the spambots in various forums. Once *they* arrived, we changed things so you couldn't get a signature until after being sorted because offensive and lewd things were being advertised in signatures. It helped the mods out greatly and kind of sorts the true HP people from the phonies.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Windy Silvermist

Help with threads

How do I close a thread I couldn't find it in FAQ. Help???

Rhi for HP
    Hi,

Only a moderator can close a thread, which is why you wouldn't find that info in the FAQs. If you need a thread closed for some reason--one of the only situations I can imagine is if you were a beta and have now decided to stop, and want your thread closed-- you can contact a mod; generally the mod in charge of the section would be the best (you can find their name(s) in the lower right hand corner of each thread section).

Lovemagic

Sorting

Hi! I'm new here and I'm really excited! I've wanted to get started on these forums for AGES. I sent a PM requesting a Sorting Quiz to SortingHat, but I never got a reply. Did I send it to the right person? When am I going to get a reply?
    Love from,
    LoveMagic

A.H.
    Hey Navy folk! I have decided I should really stop terrorizing the Moderators but I'm not sure if this question can be answered here. I'm having a problem logging onto my account on the archives. I've tried clearing my cookies and opening a new browser, clicking 'remember me' and not clicking it and still find that I cannot log on. Any of yeh know why?

*hugs*

-Ari-

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemagic
    Hi! I'm new here and I'm really excited! I've wanted to get started on these forums for AGES. I sent a PM requesting a Sorting Quiz to SortingHat, but I never got a reply. Did I send it to the right person? When am I going to get a reply?
    Lovemagic

Welcome to the forums.

You did send the PM to the right person, but it takes time for the moderators to PM the quiz to every new member. Please be patient, I'm sure you'll receive the Sorting quiz soon.

- Afifa
    - Write - Beta - Drabble - Duel - Help -

Awesome avvie by Minna/minnabird.

Lovemagic
    Thanks, Afifa!

I got sorted into Hufflepuff, so I'll be looking forward to meeting everyone! By the way, what's a siggy? I found the term in some other forum the other day...

Anyway, Thanks everyone!
    Hayden

red haired mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemagic
    Thanks, Afifa!

I got sorted into Hufflepuff, so I'll be looking forward to meeting everyone! By the way, what's a siggy? I found the term in some other forum the other day...

Anyway, Thanks everyone!
    Hayden

Hi Hayden,

A siggy is the signature below the line in a post. It usually contains phrases, links and banners. There is a thread here that explains how large your signature can be and how to go about putting certain things into it in post #5.

I hoped this helped!

~Wendy