Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Navy III

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Coola- All our names have got that, and all the moderators have put that in their signatures too, but are obstinately not telling us what it's about. The mods here like to have a lot of suspense build up before somethign happens. :P

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Salmantino7
    I'm looking for a place to ask questions about mecahnics of writing fanfiction. For example, where could I ask about proper nouns of the wizarding world? I know one of these nouns is Muggle, but I need to find out more. Where could i find that out?

Sorry if that's a very convoluted question! Thanks.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hi Salmantino! No, that's a perfectly fine question; there's no specific place for what you're asking for but I'd suggest heading over to the Gryffindor Tower (right here in the Great Hall) and asking any questions you may have in the thread that is reserved for asking questions. (I'm just assuming there's one such thread in the Gryff Tower - I'm not a Gryffindor, so I can't check. If there isn't one, feel free to PM members of the Navy to ask us any questions like that - we're always happy to help!)

As to that particular question - basically, any term invented by J.K Rowling has to have a capital letter. Yes, this includes Muggles, but also Squibs, Chasers, Nifflers, Dementors, Snitches... you get the point. Words like "ghosts", however, do not get capital letters, because Rowling didn't make them up. Make sense?

Good luck!
    ~Phia

(Avvie and banner by me, quote from Fancy, by John Keats)

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Salmantino, A place where you can ask questions pertaining to the books and canon is the Reference Desk. You can go and make a new thread there, asking your question.

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

ginnygirl16
    Hey guys! I just posted here, but something must have happened. Anyways, I feel clueless asking you this because I have been trying to figure it out for months. I guess I'm just too stubborn to ask for help

I beta and I also write, and I want to know how you guys make your links look so cool.

like iBETA iWRITE.

I can make a link, but I'm always seeing them with "Clicky" or "Such and Such Chapter" has been validated. And these are links, but I don't know how to make mine so neat like that.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

--ginnygirl16

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Originally posted by ginnygirl16:
    I beta and I also write, and I want to know how you guys make your links look so cool.
    It is easy. FAQ coding. Just click on that link. About half way down the page is the instructions. There is also instructions there to place a link within a banner.

You can access information such as this by click on the FAQ link next to the user cp link.

If you are still having a problem. Feel free to PM me.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Racing Co
    I had a quick question about submitting stories into their respective categories....

I already have a chapter of my historical fic in the queue. I'm nearly finished with something that probably belongs in the "general" category. Now, this is where stuff gets confusing. Since historical is technically a sub-category of general (and I know you can't have two stories from the same category in the queue at once), do I need to wait until my historical chapter is posted or can both stories be in the queue at the same time?

I hope that makes sense to someone!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Hi, Racing Co. In 'Ask a Moderator Number 17' here is a similar q/a:

Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    I have seen in a previous "Ask the Mods" thread that it is permissible to have two stories in the queue at once that are in different subcategories of the same category. Does this also apply to having one story in the main category, and another in a subcategory? (E.g., is it permissible to submit a story in "General" and another one in "Historical"?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy Black
    Inverarity - Yes, it is fine to submit two different stories to different subcategories at the same time.
    I hope that answers your question. xx

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    TJ Neill -

I've taken care of all those who needed to be sorted. Now you'll just have to wait to hear from your Head of House.

Be patient!

~Nicole/NikkiSue
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Harry_Potter4life

Sigantures

How do you put a signature at the end of your messages.