Thread: Halloween in POA

Evester

Halloween in POA

Hello. I find myself in need of someone to post the dl on Halloween in Prisoner of Azkaban, because I don't have my book with me. I know that the Gryffindors found the portrait of the fat lady ripped up. Can someone please post what Dumbledore said when he got there? What he said when the rest of the houses were returned to the great hall? I need the exact wording because it's going in my fic. Thanks!

bluemoon13
    "We need to find her," said Dumbledore. "Professor McGonagall, please go to Mr. Filch at once and tell him to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady."

"You'll be lucky!" said a cackling voice.

It was Peeves the Poltergeist, bobbing over the crowd and looking delighted, as he always did, at the sight of wreckage or worry.

"What do you mean, Peeves?" said Dumbledore calmly, and Peeves's grin faded a little. He didn't dare taunt Dumbledore. Instead, he adopted this oily voice that was no better than his cackle.

"Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, sir, dodging between the trees. Crying something dreadful," he said happily. .

"Did she say who did it?" said Dumbledore quietly.

"Oh, yes, Professorhead," said Peeves, with the air of one cradling a large bombshell in his arms. "He got very angry when she wouldn't let him in, you see." Peeves flipped over, and grinned at Dumbledore from between his own legs. "Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."
    Then he says (new chapter):
    Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where they were joined ten minutes later by the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, who all looked extremely confused.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore told them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all the doors into the Hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the Prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the Hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the Hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..."

One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the Hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him.
    Hope this helps and let me know if you need more,
    -Shivy

Evester
    Thanks! That's absolutely perfect! Would you mind posting or PMing me the chapter and page numbers, please? THanks so much, Shivy!

bluemoon13
    oh!
    The above quotes can be found in Chapter Eight: Flight of the Fat Lady and Chapter Nine: Grim Defeat, pages 120-121 of the Canadian (British?) version of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

No problem, Evester!

-Shivy

Evester
    Thanks, thanks, and thanks! LOL

MODS, I have everything I need from here, this can be deleted.