Thread: Wizarding Sports?

James Jameson

Wizarding Sports?

I was just just reading this story where it refers to Quidditch as "James' favourite sport."

Is quidditch the ONLY wizarding sport?

Third Year Slytherin
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    There's also broom racing and a number of Quidditch variations. I can't think of anything else.

Smiles,
    Luna

PadfootnPeeves
    There's a game called Quodpot. It's mostly American, but it has eleven players and an exploding ball (the Quod).

Other sports include Aingingein (Irish), and Swinvenhodge (Herefordshire). You can find the describitions and other here These are all broom games, by the way- I don't think wizards play anything that doesn't involve flying.

Hope I helped!

~PnP

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    You could also use your imagination on this one. You could make up all kinds of wizarding sports. I think there's a thread on ideas for a wizarding Olyimpics in the Files. Why don't you try checking there?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Josh
    I think Gobstones is classed as a sport, and I imagine they have things like cauldron throwing competitions etc. for more local use. I think that it is likely that there will be many sports/activities that Hogwarts Students play (though not seriously) and many others throughout the world.

Hope I Helped,

~Josh