Minor Canon Characters are their own category of character, similar to both Canon Characters and Original Characters, and different in their own way, too.

All Minor Canon Characters have something to build their personality on -- a house, an interest, a relationship. We can make inferences about Eileen Prince based on how her son grew up, we make guesses about Alicia Spinnet based on her interests in Quidditch and her place in the Gryffindor team.

Minor Characters should always be kept IC according to Canon -- but you have to take liberties, or else you'll be left with an underdeveloped, flat category. And as a writer, you can decide that Mark Evans has a talent for witty sarcasm, or that Mr Lovegood has a habit of scratching his ear when he thinks he's come across a new conspiracy.

So, your task:

Take a minor character - it can be one you've written, or it can be one you're not used to, and tell me about their personality. You can do it in a snapshot fiction, or you can have the character tell about themself.

The rules are:

1. It must be a minor character from the Harry Potter Universe. That rules out Hermione Granger, Molly Weasley, Bilbo Baggins, Pikachu and their close relatives.

2. They must remain in character with their canon counterpart but you must use creativity, too. You can make up a name for their grandmother, and tell us a random story about their childhood, or give them an unheard of quirk.

3. If you aren't sure if they qualify as minor or not, PM me [GringottsVault711] and I'll give you the yay or nay.

4. Your post should be between 300 and 1000 words. It can resemble an Original Character post, or it can be a Character Study-esque drabble.

5. This thread is for 'Portraits' [entries] only. Questions can be directed to PM or can be posted in the Questions thread in the main index of the Mdm Pomfrey's Character Clinic forum.

6. 10 points will be awarded per entry [one entry per member], with an additional 10 points to the three 'best' posts.

All submissions are due July 29th, 11:59 EST.