Thread: The Invisibility Cloak

Hybrid View

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

The Invisibility Cloak

I need to know if this is possible.

Harry's invisibility cloak can't be summoned by the Death eaters in DH (when they land in Hogsmead it stays still) but does this mean that Harry can't summon it?

I'd rather like James to be able to summon the cloak and was hoping that as the true owner then only he could do so but if there's canon evidence to the contrary then I'll forget that idea.

Also thinking ahead:- Do you think Harry's children would all receive the same protection from the cloak (as heirs of Ignotius) or only the one Harry bequeaths it to?

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    There is no canon evidence as to the owner summoning it.

I believe James would have been able to summon it as it was his.
    I also think Harry's children would receive the protection of the cloak as descendants of Ignotius.

There was a discussion on the Cloak before. I will see if I can find the thread and edit back after work with the link for you. I found it quickeer than I thought I would.

Here it is
    Summoning the Deathly Hallows

Hope this helps.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Thanks Terri,

Mods you can lock this now.

Carole
    xxx

Banner by minnabird

Josh
    Before you lock it can I quickly say something?

I think that the Death Eaters wouldn't be able to do anything towards the cloak while it was on Harry as we know that one of its properties is to stop anyone from finding the wearer of the cloak. If however the cloak had been just lying on the floor then I'm sure it would have been summoned, definitely by James or Harry (or maybe anybody the cloak senses to be in alliance with them) and maybe even the death eaters.

Hope I helped and sorry if I wasn't clear, just making a quick post before I go to school.

~Josh

gods_unwanted_child
    Also thinking ahead:- Do you think Harry's children would all receive the same protection from the cloak (as heirs of Ignotius) or only the one Harry bequeaths it to?
    I think the cloak will protect anyone. It works on Hermione and Ron, and Snape used it as well.
    Also, we know it isn't the only invisible cloak that exists, becasue Moody had one that Order members used in OOTP.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Yes but Moody's cloak and the ones the other Order members had weren't infallible. They were probably the ones made from Demi-guise hair that faded over time.

In the story I'm writing I want James to be able to summon it- not from an enemy- but from his friends. I would like them not to be able to summon it back and from the information I've been given I think that only ther rightful heirs would be able to summon it.

Banner by minnabird