Thread: Quidditch in POA

Hybrid View

Evester

Quidditch in POA

Hello all, I just have a quick technical question, because I don't have my PoA book with me.

When did Harry find out/ when was it decided that Gryffindor was going to be playing Hufflepuff instead of Slytherin in the first match of the season in Prisoner of Azkaban? Like, a week beforehand?

ALso, it was during that week beforehand that Oliver Wood kept trying to give Harry peptalks, and tried to point Cedric out to Harry, right?

It's for my fic TCDF, and I realized I rather needed Cedric to find out that his team would be substituting for Slytherin, LOL. *headdesk*

THANKS!!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Eve

It's at the final training session before Saturdays match that Oliver tells them they're playing Hufflepuff instead. It doesn't say exactly when that is but it must be at least 2 days before because on the Friday (the day before) Oliver keeps telling Harry all about Cedric.

Hope I'm not too late fore you.

Carole (now scooting off to read rest of chapter!)
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Evester
    Oh, so it was that close to the match? Does anyone know if Hufflepuff was supposed to be playing a different team around the same time, because it seems rather unfair to spring something like that on the Hufflepuff team, doesn't it??

Thoughts, anyone?

And thanks, Carole, for your answer!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Okay

I have the book in front of me
    Gryff V Huff was in November (after Halloween definately)
    Rav V Huff was end November (according to JK) (Rav won)
    Rav V Slyth was January (just after they got back) (Slyth won narrowly)
    Gryff V Rav was probably Feb (dodgy timeline here but Harry had been learning the Patronus charm for at least 4 weeks) (Gryff won)

The final match mentioned is Gryff V Slyth which takes place 'the first Saturday back after the Easter holidays' so April I guess. (Gryff won)

I can't find when the Huff V Slyth match was. - Maybe March as there's nothing then.

It does seem that H/puff had to play two matches in November which is very unfair.

Hope this helps.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird