Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audrey Weasley

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    In my next gen universe, I have Audrey as a niece of Cornelius Fudge. They meet at a Ministry party, like inspirations said, and Fudge introduces them and they hit it off, so to say. She works there as well, but is not as high up as Percy, she works in an office I created, the Magical Authorisation Office, which decides which spells should be authorised for use from all the possible ones that the Experimantal and Developmental Commitees put forward.

I have her as being a Hufflepuff, a year younger than Percy. She's kind and intelligent, though quiet and shy in large crowds, and is usually lost among the other, louder, Weasley relations at family get-togethers. Though I imagine she would get on amazingly well with Molly.

I think the war and the loss of Fred humbled Percy dramatically and took him down a peg or two, and so I think that with this, his attitude towards women changed. In the books, we see him dating Ravenclaw Prefect, Penelope Clearwater, and I imagine he might have overlooked someone like Audrey who isn't particularly ambitious or high up in the Hogwarts ranking. But afterwards, I don't think this would have mattered so much to him.

Concerning her children, I think she would leave her job until the girls were at Hogwarts, I can see her getting very bored during the long terms when they aren't there and Percy is at work everyday. She strikes me as a hardworking woman who would want something to occupy her. But I really think she cares very much about her family, and is a very family orientated person, and would definetly be very upset when the last of her girls went off to school. I reckon she would be a kind mother, though, like Percy, would like rules and good etiquette and manners, though I don't think they would be strict. I think that, considering their parents, Lucy and Molly wouldn't need to be told twice to do something, or push the boundaries too much.

I don't think she would have fought in the final battle, she doesn't have that kind of courage, she would just try and protect what she had; siblings, parents, maybe grandparents, that kind of thing.

Ok, I'm done. Sigh, all this thought for a character I am never going to include in my nxt gen fic. Still, it's fun to do the research, right?

I have a question, what do you think she thinks about the other Weasleys? Did she come from a big family like them, or a small one, so that she finds the sheer size of them a bit intimidating? Maybe she likes the big family, and the closeness they have?

memish
    Does anyone know if there's anything in canon about her being a witch? Could she possibly, maybe be a Muggle? Thanks!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Quote Originally Posted by memish
    Does anyone know if there's anything in canon about her being a witch? Could she possibly, maybe be a Muggle? Thanks!
    Yes, she could very well be a Muggle. There is only a mention of Percy in the epilogue, which implies that one or more of their children is a witch. Audrey herself could be Muggle, if you write her as such .

xx Ariana xx

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

lilyevansfan
    Where do you think they could have met? How do you think they could have met?
    Possibly at work. But maybe, they could've just met by accident, you know, if she was a muggle?

Do you believe she works for the Ministry as well?
    Yes, I do see her working for the Ministry.

What kind of woman do you believe that Percy would be attracted to?
    Maybe someone like Penelope Clearwater. I think she would be very Percy in personality.

Do you see Audrey's focus on her family, or her career?
    I think career. I think she is like Percy.

Do you see her as being as strict as her husband would be with their daughters?
    Yes.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyevansfan
    Maybe someone like Penelope Clearwater. I think she would be very Percy in personality.

I think career. I think she is like Percy.

You know, I see where you are coming from with this, and I always agreed with the idea that Percy would go for someone like himself. But I read a chaptered fic on another site with a wonderful, very non-Percy-like Audrey, and it was just a great fit. He grounded her, and she opened him up and made him laugh and have fun. It built up slowly, as he was quite put off by her sort in the beginning, but now I really like the idea of Audrey being very fun and eccentric. Opposites sometimes attract, after all.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    I had Audrey be the niece of Fudge. She cheated on Percy and they are currently divorced. She was also in Slytherin.

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Robin View Post
    I had Audrey be the niece of Fudge. She cheated on Percy and they are currently divorced. She was also in Slytherin.
    That certainly is an... interesting approach to Audrey.

I imagine Audrey as a person with a very witty personality. I think she would be very intelligent, but not necessarily very organized like Percy. I think she would have been more outgoing, and perhaps less organized. A wife like that could probably loosen Percy up a little more.

Percy is overlooked far too often for my liking. After all, he did realize that he was wrong and came back to fight in the end, right? It seems like many people think of him as an uptight, rule-abiding, prat with no sense of humor at all... But he was still a Weasley, surely he wasn't like that all his life. I always liked Percy for some reason... I don't know.

Anyway, I've always seen Audrey as the more easy-going type who could make Percy laugh. If they were both just alike... Well, their children would probably be bored out of their minds.

::I Write:: ::I Draw:: ::I Excerpt::

The masterpiece you see above is by none other than the lovely Skarlett/Ashleigh ... In other words, I made it in a hurried attempt to make my signature look fancy.

~Ashleigh

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarlett View Post
    Percy is overlooked far too often for my liking. After all, he did realize that he was wrong and came back to fight in the end, right? It seems like many people think of him as an uptight, rule-abiding, prat with no sense of humor at all... But he was still a Weasley, surely he wasn't like that all his life.
    I don't think he was ever really felt like part of the family; he'd be dealing with extreme middle-child syndrome. And I think that's part of why he left his family, but as you said, he realized that he was wrong, and I think that lead to a change of heart overall. I think he's still uptight, but while he'd gone for someone like Penelope Clearwater at school, after DH he's not the same man at a really deep level.

Where do you think they could have met? How do you think they could have met? Do you believe she works for the Ministry as well?
    If she works at the Ministry, they met at a Ministry function which neither really wants to attend but feels obligated to. So they'd meet hugging the walls, each looking for an escape from the politicing of the function.

How would you think Audrey would feel about Voldemort and his reign? Would she stay at her job when the Ministry was filled with Death Eaters (assuming she works at the Ministry)? Would she fight at the final battle?
    If she's a Ministry worker, she's in a low-profile position that she can keep throughout Voldemort's reign, watching what's going on, like a zebra that always knows where the lions are even if it isn't running away yet. However, I don't think she'd fight in the final battle. She's not connected to anyone in the Order or anyone living in Hogsmeade or attending Hogwarts, so there's really no reason for her to be there. She's spend her non-work time watching out for her family, so when the final battle occus, that's still what she's doing. She's with her family, keeping them safe however she can.

Does anyone know if there's anything in canon about her being a witch? Could she possibly, maybe be a Muggle?
    I will say, there's something about this idea that's very appealing to me because with what happened during the war, I think Percy would try to distance himself from the wizarding world a bit, not from his family, but from the memories of his betrayal and his general reaction in the Fudge, Scrimegouer, Thicknesse era. If Audrey is a Muggle, they met somewhere innocuous, a shop or restaurant.

Before DH, he'd want a pretty girl who's intelligent and career-driven. After the Battle of Hogwarts, I think he's looking for heart. I think Audrey is someone who cares deeply about others. She may not be brilliant, but she's smart enough to keep up with his conversations. She may be pretty, but I think he'd be happy with an average-looking girl so long as she's got that passion. If she was a British witch, I think she'd have been a Hufflepuff.

I think she'd focus on her family, and Percy's, more than her career, though just as she's passionate about people, she's passionate about what she does.

Do you see her as being as strict as her husband would be with their daughters?
    Like a lot of people already said, I think Percy would be a softie with his girls. I see him having undergone a massive personality change, like a seismic shift at his very core, at the Battle of Hogwarts, so unless his girls are Fred and George types, he's going to be a push-over. Audrey will have to step-up more, but I think with Percy as a father, the girls would be a little quieter, a little more reserved than, say, Roxanne and Fred Jr.
    noblefate: writes ~ betas ~ drabbles ~ duels ~ is a proud Turnip! ~ is an Ebil Minion

wonderful banner by minnabird

FwooperFeathers
    Percy would be attracted to someone who works hard and takes a professional approach to things. However, I like to think tha Audrey has a better sense of humor.

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Last time I wrote in this, I hadn't developed Audrey very much yet. Here's take two.

Audrey works in the Ministry with Percy during the second war. She's polite, charming, and a hard worker. Percy falls in love with her because of this. They get married and have Molly a month or so after Victoire is born. They have a bit of trouble conceiving and have Lucy six years later. Shortly afterwards, Audrey starts having an affair with a high ranking Ministry official. The day after Molly starts at Hogwarts, Percy finds out. They get divorced and she wins custody of Molly.

In school, Audrey was a Slytherin. She fooled Percy into thinking that she's perfect for him. Do you think that, because Lucy looks like Percy, she would treat her worse than Molly? And how do you think she treated the rest of the Weasley clan?
    On hiatus for a little while
    Photobucket

This slice of pure awesomeness was made by majestic_ginny. And the avvie (another slice of awesomeness) was made by Broken_Promise.

AND...I'm an ebil minion.