Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audrey Weasley

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Audrey Weasley

We are told almost nothing about Percy's wife, so she is essentially an OC. But they may be a few things about we would be able to guess by looking at Percy's character and personality.

Where do you think they could have met? How do you think they could have met?

Do you believe she works for the Ministry as well?

What kind of woman do you believe that Percy would be attracted to?

Do you see Audrey's focus on her family, or her career?

Do you see her as being as strict as her husband would be with their daughters?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Umm ... this'll be interesting to think about.

I think they probably met at some sort of Ministry event. Maybe a party, or a meeting ... and somebody (such as the minister or someone else who's well respected) just introduced them, and left them to it. And then they get talking, and begin to get to know each other.

Yeah. I think she's in an Umbridge sort of position - so quite high up in whatever department she's in. Though a lot nicer of course. Maybe 'Magical Law Enforcement', or 'Misuse of Muggle Artifacts'. I think Percy would like that.

Somebody clever, sensible, rule-abiding. I think after falling out with his family, he would be careful about who he be-friended. So, kind-hearted. Also, stubborn. I'd love to see Perce with somebody like that. I'm not sure about looks. All boys tend to go for the pretty girls, but I think Percy would go for intelligence, intellect - you know?

Difficult. I'm not sure. I think when she has babies she'll probably look after them until they go to Hogwarts, and then she'll pursue what she wants to do. I think most wizarding mums follow that kind of routine. Or, she could still stay at home - like Molly - but I think she'd prefer to be out in the world.

I can't see Percy being that strict to be honest, so yeah, Audrey probably would come down harder if that was the case.

Hope I've helped.

PadfootnPeeves
    Psh, I probably see Audrey differently than everyone else. Anyways, my two cents (be prepared, because I've given her a lot of thought)-

I think she would be in Percy's year and house, and maybe a Prefect. She's peppy and cheerful; the type of person who would annoy Perce in his younger years. I think she'd always hang around him, and be the friend that he didn't really deserve. He'd come to appreciate her later on, probably when he falls out with his family and such.

They could've met at school, or an idea I had was that she lived in Ottery St. Catchpole as well- she could be a Fawcett child, seeing as they were the only other family besides the Diggorys, Lovegoods, and Weasleys. But it's just a thought.

Going with how I see her, I think she'd work at the Ministry- maybe in another department, or someone's secratary or something. Or maybe a Healer.

Well, I think Percy would go for someone who's a lot of fun- he's no fun at all, so they balance each other out. I see Audrey as being smart, but maybe disorganized or something, and very caring. And like inspirations, I think she'd be stubborn as well. Kind of like a Tonks-persona, only a little different.

Her family. She'd really care about Percy, as well as Molly and Lucy, and then the extended.

Nope. Most writers percieve the fathers as the laid-back ones, but I feel that while Percy would be a bit more uptight (especially in the early years when he's still a new daddy), and Audrey would be more like the best friend kind of mother.

Going back to her job, I have a question to add: How would you think Audrey would feel about Voldemort and his reign? Would she stay at her job when the Ministry was filled with Death Eaters (assuming she works at the Ministry)? Would she fight at the final battle?

cirelondiel
    Hmm, I always pictured Audrey as a Ministry woman. That fits the personality I imagine for her. Plus, Percy doesn't exactly seem like the type who'd be out partying and meeting meeting people. More of an office romance type, yeah? Subtle glances between desks and so on... I'd peg her as a Claw in Percy's year, who he didn't really get to know until a few years after Hogwarts.

On the other hand, all the Audreys I've ever met have been French, so maybe she's a friend or family member of Fleur?

I thinks she'd be quite serious and sensible like Percy, since he wouldn't exactly be impressed by frivolous, airhead sorts of girls. He'd want someone like him. While the two of them would be perceived as boring by other people, they could make each other laugh. Then again, they'd probably be happier discussing current affairs and Ministry issues together.

She'd be a brown-haired, averagely pretty sort of girl who wears very plain but not frumpy clothes. She wouldn't be wild or attention-seeking in her looks. Percy would be attracted to some small feature of her appearance, like her shy smile or something lke that.

She and Percy would have a nice tidy little house, neatly decorated. They wouldn't be hugely strict, but manners and good behaviour would be important in their household. I think Percy would turn out to be a bit of a softy with his girls! Audrey might have to put her foot down sometimes when he lets them go a bit crazy, like maybe playing with Audrey's makeup when they're little girls. On the other hand, she might have to persuade him to let them go out with boys and things like that when they're older, as he'd be a bit protective (a Weasley trait!). She'd probably raise them to be smart, sensible kinds of girls, so when they were older she'd trust them.

Audrey would presumably stop work to raise the girls, focussing on her family for that time, but she might return when they're both at Hogwarts.

As for PnP's question, well, I'm sure she wouldn't have supported Voldemort, but she wouldn't have been vocal against him (especially if she was in the Ministry, because she'd have lost her job). She'd keep her head down and get on with her job, avoiding danger and perhaps doing small things when she could to help keep others safe. She probably wasn't at the battle. If events had occurred in a different order, though, she would have joined the Order with Percy if she had a chance.

/my, er, 2 galleons xD

-- Chelsea

weasleywannabe47

Audrey

I think they were both busy at the ministry,so they stopped into The Three Broomsticks or The Leaky Cauldron for a quick lunch and it was overcrowded so they had to share a table.*wedding bells ring*
    Yes.However,I do not think she is as high up as Percy.
    Strong-willed,smart,kind hearted,and opinionated.Maybe Audrey would be a Hufflepuff!
    Do you think she would be focused on her family or her career?
    She would focus primarily on her girls,but wouls still work.(Part-time,maybe?)
    I see Percy as being an absolute SOFTY with his daughters,so Audrey would have to be the disciplinarian.

HopeiHelped!

MorganRay

I think, as the Black Sheep of his family, that Percy might be attracted to a woman who would also be unique or outcast in her own way. I also think that, after DH, Percy would really want someone who would be dedicated to having a family. I also feel that Percy would want his family to really like this girl, too.

And like inspirations, I think she'd be stubborn as well. Kind of like a Tonks-persona, only a little different.
    I can see a bit of a Tonks/Remus going on in a relationship between Percy/Audrey. I think, though, that Percy really wouldn't be as resistant, though, because he never had to deal with the fact that he felt he would hurt whoever he loved. I imagine Audrey as being someone who is very up front and says what she thinks, too.

Raffles
    I am currently writing a story about Audrey and Percy.
    Well, I think Percy would go for someone who's a lot of fun- he's no fun at all, so they balance each other out. I see Audrey as being smart, but maybe disorganized or something, and very caring. And like inspirations, I think she'd be stubborn as well. Kind of like a Tonks-persona, only a little different.
    In my story she is quite like this as well and I agree that Percy would go for someone different than himself as two 'Percy' personalities would not get on very well.

A question I have is:

What would her last name be?

PadfootnPeeves

Seeing as we know nothing about her, you can make up any last name you like. She could be a sibling of someone at school, or whatever.

In my WIP, her maiden name is Perkins- I made the Perkins Arthur Weasley works with her grandfather.

But, again, you have free reign with this. You can make up a last name, or just pick one from canon.

~PnP

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Quote Originally Posted by PadfootnPeeves

Seeing as we know nothing about her, you can make up any last name you like. She could be a sibling of someone at school, or whatever.

In my WIP, her maiden name is Perkins- I made the Perkins Arthur Weasley works with her grandfather.

But, again, you have free reign with this. You can make up a last name, or just pick one from canon.

~PnP
    Yes, it's probably easiest to pick as the grand/daughter of somebody we know from the HP series. I would say to make it a English surname, though, because Audrey is a English name.

lily meet ginny

I can see Percy being attracted so someone the complete opposite of him. He seems like he would be uptight at work and ambitious, so a girl who is easy going and who doesn't work at the ministry might be best at him. Anyone who worked at the ministry might get in the way of his career. Percy would need someone who he could come home and relax with, a girl who's on a bit of a different frequency than he is.