Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bi-Weekly Drabble Challenge - Theme: Music - Results

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...

Bi-Weekly Drabble Challenge - Theme: Music - Results

The Ebil One has decided to cut you guys some slack with her impossible prompts which only ten of you seem to consistently participate in.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

Music brightens up our days when we're sad, and makes us cry at the most inconvenient times. But it can also makes us incredibly happy when we least expect it. Wizards aren't immune to the beats, strums, and rhythm of chords that spell out the harmonies and symphonies of our souls. The Wizarding Wireless Network [WWN] is mentioned a couple of times in the Potterverse before it takes a main role in Deathly Hallows with Potterwatch

Your prompt this week for the next two weeks, if you choose to accept it, is to listen to the song listed below and write a drabble. No other restrictions. It is pretty open and fair game for all; However, once again, the Ebil is looking for originality! So keep that in mind when writing your masterpieces.

Songs:
    Choice 1 --- The Way I Am ~ Ingrid Michaelson
    Choice 2 --- Your own music that inspires you -- please provide me with a song title and artist name for crediting purposes

The following form must be used when submitting your drabble responses to this post -

PHP Code:
    [B]Name:[/B]
    [
    B]House:[/B]
    [
    B]Title:[/B]
    [
    B]Warnings:[/B]
    [
    B]Word Count:[/B]
    [
    B]Song Used:[/B] If you use your own choice please give proper credit here.
    [
    B]Author's Note:[/B] 
    Winners will be awarded 15, 10, and 5 points respectively.
    All drabbles must be less than 500 words; All standard grammar rules, and MNFF submissions guidelines apply.

The challenge will be up for a week, and be closed exactly two weeks later (July 6th)

MithrilQuill and I will be judging them and posting results a couple of days later or weeks >.>

All questions should be referred to the Question Corner #3 - Do not post questions here. Only drabbles!

Not So New Anymore for the Weekly Challenges:Due to a major lack of quality drabbles being submitted to the weeklies, Gato Loco will require that some real thoughtful, original submissions be posted from this moment on or you'll end up like this woman here. That's your one and only warning! XD

Other than that...have fun!

~Teh Ebil One

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Rushia
    Name: Rushia
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Path of Fire and Ice
    Warnings: possibly DH spoilers?
    Word Count: 490
    Song Used: Take Some Fire by Beth Patterson & Kalafka
    Authors Note: I really just decided to use this song because it's one of my favorites, but after listening to it a few times, I realized it was practically a Severus Snape theme song, so I wrote about him. ^^; It's kinda hard to find lyrics for it online, Ebil One, so if you can't find some, send me a PM, and I'll get them to you. If you need that to grade it, anyway.

Dumbledore was right. This was the path he would have to walk. His way was now clear, and he would do everything in his power to follow it and do it right this time.

Severus walked under the moonlight, looking out across the mirror-like surface of the lake, like a hole in the ground that showed the sky on the other side of the world. Nothing else really mattered, not when he got right down to it. He would have dropped everything for Lily if she’d asked him to, but in the end, it was her choice. It always had been. Neither of them had known it would lead her to her death.

But he knew why she was dead. The Dark Lord had told him he would not hurt her, as a reward for Severus’s service, unless she hindered him. He had no reason to lie or to kill needlessly. Lily had died for her son, and no matter how worthless and arrogant her husband had been, that alone made her son worth protecting.

The smooth surface of the lake blurred, though not through the efforts of the giant squid. Severus shut his eyes and bowed his head, his long hair falling forward to hide his face from the night. His pale hands balled into fists. This battle was far from over, and he would have to take a stand in it.

Lily had been right all along, but not in the way she had thought. The problem was not the Dark Arts. The Dark Arts alone held mystery and untapped power, like Lily herself. A maelstrom, even. That mystery was what made them “dark,” and what intrigued him about them. The Dark Lord understood that fear and used it, but he was wrong in his manipulation and use of it. That was what made him so terrifying and such a threat—he used things people did not understand, and he did it well.

The Dark Arts were not evil. Only people were capable of that.

His path was clearer than it had ever been, though it was sheltered from all other eyes for good reason. A thread thick and made of ice, he still knew without a doubt that he would walk it. He had no choice. It was for Lily, and no one else would be able to do it. No one else knew what he did, what he had seen and endured. No one else could be trusted with this.

Severus lifted his head and looked up at the stars, at the sliver of a moon and the looming clouds which likely held snow, off across the peaks around Hogwarts. He had only been a boy this time, barely out of school and still trying to pull himself together. Not next time. He would have time to forge the strength necessary, even as the Dark Lord bided his time for the same.

He would be ready.
    ~ Lucia

Heather25x
    Name: Heather25x
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Ready, Set, Don't Go
    Warnings: None
    Word Count: 335
    Song Used: Read, Set, Don't Go by Miley and Billy Rae Cyrus
    Authors Note: You said if i thought i had a chance with a song-fic to submit it, so i thought i'd give it a go

Harry watched as his little girl stepped onto the train. She turned and waved, beaming. It brought tears to Harry’s eyes but he wasn’t sure why. So much happiness welled up inside him at seeing his daughter go off to Hogwarts, learning magic. But he could feel the sadness deep within his heart at knowing his daughter was growing up, and that he wouldn’t see her again till Christmas. He had experienced these feelings before, watching his sons board the train, but it hadn’t got any easier, and he still felt an overwhelming urge to grab her and take her back home where she was safe.

She’s gotta do what she’s gotta do, and I’ve gotta like it or not
    She’s got dreams too big for this town and she needs to give ‘em a shot.

Looks like I’m all ready leaving and nothing left to pack
    There ain’t room for me in that car even if she asks me to tag along
    But I gotta be strong

I’m at the starting line for the rest of my life
    Ready as I’ve ever been
    Got the hunger and the stars in my eyes the prize is mine to win
    She’s waiting on my blessings before she hits that open road
    Baby, get ready
    Oh I’m ready
    Get set
    Don’t go.

Lily jumped off the train and rushed towards her daddy, wrapping her arms around his waist one last time, and Harry squeezed her back, as tightly as he could, hoping to never have to let her go.

Harry stared at his daughter’s tear-drenched face and saw fear behind her little brown eyes. He gave her a small smile and patted her on the back. ‘Don’t worry,’ he whispered. ‘You’ll have the time of your life there.’

Lily smiled, hugged her father one last time and turned to catch the train before it left the station. Harry watched her bright, beaming face as she waved from the window, unknowingly embarking on a great, great adventure.

~Heather

kathryn_malfoy
    Name: Kat
    Title: Chances
    Word Count: 334
    Song Used: Taking Chances by Celine Dion
    Authors Note: This song-fic wraps around the idea of Draco and Hermione. I thought it fit perfectly.

Don't know much about your life.
    Don't know much about your world, but
    Don't want to be alone tonight,
    On this planet they call earth.

Hermione looked at the tall man standing in front of her. She didn’t know nearly enough about him for her to be here. She knew that this was not where she belonged, and yet, something told her she needed to go.

You don't know about my past, and
    I don't have a future figured out.
    And maybe this is going too fast.
    And maybe it's not meant to last,

Draco opened the door to see a beautiful brunette standing in front of him. He didn’t really know why she was here, but his heart told him to let her in.

“May I get you something to drink, Hermione?” Draco asked shutting the door to keep the cold out. Draco walked over to the kitchen, after she nodded, preparing two cups of tea. As the water heated he sat the girl on the counter. He looked at her, urging her to speak the questions that were etched onto her face.

“Why are we doing this? We are two totally different people, who come from two totally different worlds. Should we really be doing this?” Hermione questioned accepting the cup from the handsome man.

“If we aren’t supposed to do this then it won’t go on, but we will never know if we don’t take the chance,” he said walking over to the girl. He took her hands in his and kissed her softly ,showing that he was willing to try.

But what do you say to taking chances,
    What do you say to jumping off the edge?
    Never knowing if there's solid ground below
    Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
    What do you say,
    What do you say?

andromeda_tonks
    Name: andromeda_tonks
    Title: Somewhere along in the bitterness
    Warnings: DH spoilers
    Word Count: 449
    Song Used: How to Save a Life by The Fray
    Authors Note: The first bit that's in italics is from DH, The Prince's Tale, but the second bit in italics (and the rest) is all my own work

I am happy. I have a perfect life, with the perfect boyfriend and lovely friends. I am the luckiest girl in the world. One day I’ll tell myself that and honestly believe it. After all, it’s true. Still, in the quiet moments in the dead of night I still wonder whether I made the right choice. I wonder what would have happened if I had chosen differently. What if...?

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m not interested.”

“I’m sorry!”

“Save your breath.I only came out because Mary told me you were threatening to sleep here.”

“I was. I would have done. I never meant to call you Mudblood, it just -”

“Slipped out?”

What if I had stopped and thought. Thought of what I had called him. Was Snivellus really better than Mudblood? Was our friendship really worth so little? What if I had listened to him? What would he have said?

“Lily, I never meant to call you that. Not ever. It was Potter, he – he was goading me, and I just... I didn’t know what I was saying.”

“It was James Potter’s fault that you called me that?”

“No! No, I just meant... I don’t know what I meant. I’m sorry Lily.”

I slid down the wall and sat huddled up in the corner of the corridor, wrapping my arms around me knees.

“What if sorry isn’t good enough? I don’t know, Sev. How can I trust you now?”

“I promise Lily, I promise forever. I won’t call you that ever again. Not ever. I didn’t mean to, I swear I didn’t.”

Well, I could believe him, or I could leave him now and never return. He sank to the floor beside me.

“Last chance, Sev. I can take this one more time. Never again.”

Magically, he lost the pained look he had been wearing all evening and brightened up with indecent haste. “I promise Lily.”

Sighing, I leant my head against his shoulder, hoping that he had been listening to me. Hoping that he wouldn’t use up this: the last chance I was prepared to give. I sat with him till dawn.

I don’t know, of course. Maybe it wouldn’t have happened that way, maybe I’m deluding myself into thinking that he even cared that much. Still, whenever I see him now he looks so alone and lost, although I doubt that most people can see it behind the layer of bravado he paints over the top. I could be only imagining it myself. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. If he lost my friendship it was because he shattered my trust in him into a million tiny pieces. It was his own fault. And I am happy. I am.
    ~Meda~

Azhure
    Name: Azhure
    Title: Desperate Promises
    Warnings: Attempted Suicide.
    Word Count: 499
    Song Used: The Way I Am ~ Ingrid Michaelson.
    Authors Note: I wasn't planning to make it so dark, but it just flowed out... Also, I hope it's okay, I didn't really include the song until the end. I also had to cut this down by about 100 words! >.<

A woman sat alone. Her face was pale and smeared with dirt, her eyes hidden by her knotted, lank hair. It was silent and the woman liked it that way. She was nothing.

A small vial of a dark green potion stood in front of her. It was tempting. Just one sip of the potion and it will all be over. No more pain. No more suffering. Merlin, was it tempting.

She reached for the vial. It was cold and her hand stuck to the glass as if it were ice.

A fresh breeze blew through the empty house and the woman shivered. She had once been part of a prestigious family. But not now. Her family had been torn apart by him. That one-year old boy had somehow managed to defeat the greatest wizard of all time. How was it possible? The Dark Lord had been so strong yet he had been defeated by a baby.

A well of despair bubbled in the woman’s stomach. Life wasn’t worth living without the Dark Lord. She raised the vial to her lips, the coldness of the glass burning them. She then closed her eyes, ready for the poison to hit her tongue and work immediately.

“No!” shouted a voice. The vial was suddenly knocked out of her hand and went clattering to the floor, the potion spilling out and staining the dusty floorboards. She looked up in frustration. How dare they interrupt her? However, she knew the man. It was Rodolphus Lestrange standing there.

“Bella,” he said softly.

“He’s gone,” she whispered.

“No, he’s not gone. I won’t believe it until I find proof,” stated Rodolphus.

“But he can’t be alive! He would tell us if he were. He would tell me!” she said, her voice getting louder with each word.

“Bella –”

“No! Just leave me be, Lestrange. I want to be alone!”

“Alone so you can kill yourself?”

Bella remained silent this time.

“I don’t want you to die, Bella. The Dark Lord hasn’t contacted us, yes, but that doesn’t mean he’s not alive. He could just be hurt. We can bring him back,” Rodolphus continued.

“Really?” Bella asked.

“Yes. And I want you to help me.”

“Why? I’m useless. He was everything to me. Now that we don’t know where he is, how am I supposed to help? Why would you want me? I used to be beautiful, now I’m nothing,” Bella ranted.

“You’re not useless and I don't care that you're not wealthy, or that you've given up. I love you,” Rodolphus said.

“You love me?” she asked incredulously.

“Yes. Always.”

She mulled his words over in her head. This could be used to her advantage.

“We will get him back?” she asked, just to make sure.

“We will get him back,” replied Rodolphus with certainty. He then grabbed Bella’s hand and pulled her up. They slowly headed toward the door and Bella smiled. She would get the Dark Lord back, no matter what it took.
    ~~Azhure~~

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me
    Name: Cinderella Angelina
    Title: Three Broomsticks, Thursday night
    Warnings:
    Word Count: 480
    Song Used: The Way I Am
    Authors Note:

There was just enough disdain in Hannah’s laugh to make Neville seriously worry about his chances of securing a date with her. He had his mouth open to retract the invitation when she spoke.

“Why would you want to go out with a barmaid?” she asked, gesturing to his mug of butterbeer. “Angling for a free drink, are you?”

Neville was shocked. “Hannah, if you don’t think I’m good enough for you, making me feel guilty about asking you out is not the way to let me down lightly!”

“Wait, what?” She put down her polishing rag and stared at him. “Why on earth wouldn’t you be good enough for me? You’re a Professor at Hogwarts, you’re doing all sorts of fascinating research with plants whose names I can’t pronounce, you have the most winsome smile, and you’re one of the bravest people I know! That’s certainly not the problem, Neville.” With that, she picked up her rag again and went at the spotless counter as if it were at the Hog’s Head.

“Um, I think maybe you’re confusing me with one of the other men that come and talk to you on occasion,” Neville stammered, embarrassed by her laundry list of qualities that he struggled to completely identify with. “Certainly I do teach at Hogwarts, but most people wouldn’t call my research ‘fascinating,’ and no one has ever said anything about my smile. I thought that maybe because I was clumsy and shy, you could do much better than me.”

Hannah snorted, but Neville had realized her real problem.

“After all, you’re beautiful, with the clearest blue eyes of anyone I’ve ever seen. I’ve never enjoyed talking to anyone as much as you – you’re an amazing listener, but you’ll talk to me too. And some of your jokes are really funny.”

Some of them,” Hannah emphasized, but she’d put down her rag again. “And you neglected to mention that I never graduated from Hogwarts, I have to spend most of my nights tending my little sister, and, oh yes, I work as a barmaid.”

Neville looked appraisingly at her. She blushed, and he sternly told his heart to beat normally. “I don’t mind any of that,” he said finally. “It’s clear that both of us have some ... awkward qualities, but I certainly don’t feel yours are a deterrent to our continuing friendship – they’re not as bad as mine, for sure.”

“Hmm.” She looked right at him and his heart completely ignored all injunctions to act normally. “I might disagree about that part.”

“Well, will you go out with me anyway?” Neville asked desperately. “I’ve been working up the courage to do this for months!”

Hannah smiled, and Neville, admitting defeat, gave his heart free rein to pound its way out of his chest. “I will. I’ve been hoping you would.”

Neville couldn’t help but smile back at her.
    I pretty much loved that song ... so expect another drabble later today.

Here we go.

Name: Cinderella Angelina
    Title: A Ministry Dinner Fiasco
    Warnings:
    Word Count: 474
    Song Used: The Way I Am
    Authors Note: I have neighbors that have red hair. There are two different kinds -- one goes bald really early, the other keeps his titian curls a little longer. I've always imagined Percy to have the former kind -- especially with the stress he's under as a high-ranking Ministry employee. Tonight, he was at a Muggle government dinner.

She sat stiffly upright, staring out the window at the world as it passed by. She refused to look at her husband, sitting on the other side of the car. The magically expanded backseat made it seem like there were miles between them, not merely feet.

He rustled nervously. Out of the corner of her eye she saw him lean forward, then settle back in his seat, adjusting his glasses unhappily. She tilted her chin up, refusing to let the tears in her eyes fall. She’d messed up everything! He’d wanted to make a good impression at this soiree, and she’d botched it all. It wouldn’t hurt so badly if she weren’t so devoted to him.

Percy cleared his throat. “Baby?”

Audrey loved the way he called her that – it made him vulnerable in a way that no one would expect to look at him. Now the uncertainty in his voice broke through her control and she began to sob.

“Oh, darling,” Percy said, unclicking his seatbelt and scooting over so he could take her into his arms.

“I’m so sorry!” Audrey cried, burying her face into his tuxedo coat. “I messed up everything!”

“It’s all right,” Percy murmured. “Nothing irreparable. Just a few Memory Charms and it’s all better.”

“I can’t believe I Vanished the legs off the table. Aren’t old ladies supposed to be able to control their nervous magic?”

“You’re not old. Molly’s only six and Lucy’s only 3. When they’re getting married, then you can be old.”

“But this was an important meeting and I completely ruined absolutely ... everything.” Audrey was beginning to calm as Percy smoothed her rumpled evening gown and rocked her gently.

“Most of the time you are the perfect Ministry wife,” Percy said matter-of-factly. “Everyone has to make a mistake sometime. And I don’t love you any less for that – I’m just glad you’re human!”

Audrey didn’t believe him completely, but she did feel better. “Thank you for dealing with my little imperfections.”

“I’d be a fool if I didn’t!” Percy pushed her up so they could look at each other. “Audrey, after all you do for me, I’d be incredibly ungrateful if I were angry at you for a silly little mistake. I could never have imagined a love as deep and devoted as yours. You are wonderful just the way you are.”

His smile warmed her heart and dried her tears. With an answering smile, she drew his face to her and kissed him. Then she pulled back and rubbed her hand on his head. “I should buy you some of that potion. It wouldn’t do for a wife as young as I am to have a bald husband.”

“Oh, please. It gives me dignity,” Percy said, affronted. He was only mollified when Audrey kissed his bald spot – and then his face.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Name: luinrina
    Title: One Last Question
    Warnings: none I'm aware of
    Word Count: 430
    Song Used: The Dream Must Stay Alive, opening theme to the New Zealand TV series called "The Tribe"
    Authors Note: I so love this piece of music that I had to use it for inspiration. And I hope you don't mind that I included the song's lyrics into the piece thus making it a song fic but in my opinion the lyrics just fit in.

James was happy. Next to him, with her head leaned against his shoulders, sat the most beautiful woman to ever walk the earth. She was the love of his life; her name was Lily Evans.

Her eyes were currently attached to the night sky, mirroring the stars’ light. Her gorgeous face resembled the perfect image of blissful peace. She was the only woman he would ever want to be with.

Look into the future, what do you see?
    I really need to know now is there a place for me?
    Tell me where do we go from here?

Carefully to not unsettle her, James dug into his trousers’ pocket, unearthing a small box covered with black velvet. He brushed over it with his thumb several times, and then hid the box in his palm.

‘Lily,’ he sweetly murmured into his ear, lightly breathing against it in the process.

She tipped her head down and giggled, then turned to look at him. Her emerald green eyes gleamed with purest happiness. ‘What is it, James?’ she asked in a whisper.

‘Are you happy?’

She smiled. ‘Yes. Yes, I am. I am very happy.’

Take me as you find me for what I am.
    And when I make mistakes please understand.
    And as long as I know you’re near there is nothing for me to fear.

‘I love you, Lily.’

‘I know you do.’ She leaned closer and softly kissed him. ‘And I love you, James Potter,’ she whispered against his lips.

James claimed her mouth again, engulfing her in a deep kiss. After a few moments he settled back and asked, ‘Do you want to marry me?’

Out of the darkness a light shines
    Burning through the coldest night.

Her eyes grew wide. ‘What?’ She must have misunderstood him. ‘Marry you?’

‘Lily, I love you with all my heart, mind, body and soul. I want to be with you, all the time. I want to marry you. Will you marry me?’ he questioned passionately, holding her hands in his.

She looked worried. ‘We’re so young; and with the war going on, Order business and everything –’

‘As long as we’re together, we can face anything; even Voldemort.’ He looked deeply into her eyes. ‘Do you want to face fate with me?’ He opened the box and showed her the diamond ring.

And we can find a way –
    Together we’ll make it.
    – with every step we take –
    Moving closer together.

Her worried look slowly morphed into a smile.

‘Yes. I want to marry you.’

If we gonna survive, the dream must stay alive.
    Thanks to the fastest beta ever, Terri/mudbloodproud.

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: Phia Phoenix
    Title: The Music's Beautiful Pain
    Word Count: 500
    Song used: Brid Og Ni Mhaille, as performed by the Corrs.

The man in the corner was silent. Andrea had been watching him covertly all evening, as she worked through her repertoire. There were always men like these in pubs, even Irish ones: the ones who strangely seemed to grow more sober with every drink until they became statues of misery, heads in hands, staring into a fire that seemed to warm their sorrow as little as Andrea’s music did.

The night wore on, and gradually other men melted from the pub like bad dreams, taking their drunken laughter with them. At last only the one was left, dark hair still curtaining a face that swam in some faraway sea of memory. The bartender nodded to Andrea, signifying that the night was over. But she hesitated, feeling something left undone. Clearing her throat, she was glad to realise that she still had voice left. Yet she was tired after the long night of work, and tottered like an old lady to a vacant seat by the fireside.

He didn’t move as she sat down.

A long minute washed by as Andrea struggled to find the words. She didn’t know what she was doing here, what emotion had compelled her to come and sit by this stranger, who was evidently not a local from the village. The silence expanded until Andrea almost found herself drowning– she was part of a large and musical family, and not used to such hush. Almost subconsciously, her hand drifted down to strum her ever-present guitar and as her favourite folk song swelled into the air she felt a sense of relief, of rightness. So she let her lips part, releasing the first shining jewels of song.

"Is a Bhríd Óg Ní Mháille
    'S tú d'fhág mo chroí cráite..."

You wake, stirring to life reluctantly, not wanting to feel the aches, the stabbing sting in your heart that caused you to flee, seek refuge anywhere, even on this miserable island. But as you surface something strikes you: a young woman’s voice, the loveliest you ever heard. Accompanied only by the rippling notes of her instrument she soars, taking you with her through the intricacies of tune. Your loose grasp of Gaelic sets to work translating the weaving lyrics, and a fresh wave of pain laces the beauty of the music as the story unfolds. You have always suspected that musicians, even Muggles, have a sort of magic and now it is confirmed as this one sings the tale of a woman “fairer than moonbeams on the harbour”.

"Lily," you gasp, the exquisiteness of the melody almost suffocating, shaking frozen sobs from your soul. "Lily..."

After a too-short eternity the music fades, the girl’s head drooping with the effect of her own voice.

"Is anois fear eile pósta,
    Is gan í bheith... liom."

Now she’s married to another man,
    And left me forlorn.

The fragments of song linger, and you find you can finally weep without numbed repression, releasing the pent-up mourning of lost love.
    Author's Note: This was originally meant to be a few hundred words longer. I had to cut out the fact that Snape had fled to Ireland to escape the pain of Lily's marriage, and most of the lyrics to the song. Basically, Brid Og Ni Mhaille follows the story of a man as he sings of his one true love. He talks about how beautiful she is, and how he's going to marry her. Then in the last verse we see him with his head in his hands by the side of the road as wedding bells ring out, his love marrying another man.

EDIT: Have I done this right? Everyone else seems to have written a songfic but I thought you actually had to put the song in the story...

(Avvie and banner by me, quote from Fancy, by John Keats)

MerryD
    Name: MerryD/Mere
    House: HUFFLEPUFF!
    Title: Tire Swings
    Word Count: 496
    Song Used: See Her Smile from the musical Tick, Tick... BOOM! by Jonathon Larson --> on the soundtrack it's sung by Raúl Esparza, Jerry Dixon, and Amy Spanger.
    Authors Note: I really only used the chorus and the second verse. This was really fun! I was about one hundred and ten words too long though...

-“Something’s breakin’ my baby’s heart”-

Mrs. Weasley looked out the window and sighed sadly. Ever since she’d come home from school, Ginny had been downcast. Not even Fred and George had been able to produce a smile from her. Now, she was out back, sitting on the old tire swing, lost in thought.

She was at her wit’s end. Ginny had handled Dumbledore’s death beautifully, and she hadn’t really known the headmaster that well, so it was nearly impossible that his death would cause her grief two weeks after it.

Mrs. Weasley thought back about everything that was happening. Bill and Fleur were almost married. Could it be that? Ginny had never really taken to Fleur, but Mrs. Weasley seriously doubted that she would be this upset over it.

-“Oh, oh, I just wanna see her smile”-

It was hard to see her only daughter, her baby, so upset. Ginny had folded her arms across the top of the tire, her head lying on them, with her face turned away from the house. Mrs. Weasley hoped with all her heart that she wasn’t crying. At least Harry will be here soon—Mrs. Weasley’s hand smothered a gasp. Harry.

-“It’s such a drag, she says”-

Mrs. Weasley hurried to the back door and slipped out of it. Not wanting to startle her daughter, she forced herself to walk over to her. When she reached Ginny’s side, she put a hand on her back and gently rubbed it.

Ginny shudder away from her touch, but quickly relaxed into it. After a few moments she whispered, “He’s really annoying sometimes.”

-“When the world’s so mean”-

When Ginny turned her head to look at her, Mrs. Weasley’s breath caught in her throat. Her baby’s eyes were red and puffy; tear tracks stained her cheeks. “He broke up with me so I wouldn’t get hurt,” said Ginny softly. “It was a stupid, annoying, noble reason.”

-“It’s just a red flag, I say”-

Mrs. Weasley crouched down next to her daughter. Her heart ached with her, but privately she was glad. Ginny couldn’t have chosen a more perfect guy. “Oh, sweetie,” she said gently. “It’s just a small rut in the road.”

-“Gotta look for the green”-

“Look at it this way. He’s trying to protect you as much as he can, right?” Ginny nodded, but looked away from her mum’s face. “Well, that it means he really cares about you. I know it’s tough, dear, but have to look on the bright side.” She brushed a stray tendril of hair out of Ginny’s face and tucked it behind her ear, her eyes searching her daughter’s.

Mrs. Weasley’s attempt had not been in vain. When Ginny looked up at her, her eyes shone brighter. “Thanks, Mum,” she whispered, sliding off the tire swing into Mrs. Weasley’s waiting arms. When they broke apart, there was a hint of a smile on Ginny’s face.
    Peace out.

-Mere