Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Animagi

magyk001

Animagi

I have a question that has been bugging me for a while. Does the animal that the animagi

turn into have to have the same color hair( or Fur,Feathers,etc.) as the animagi himself?

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Cats and dogs may, but for something like a beetle I think that it would have antenna markings the same colour (unless only black haired people become beetle anamagi). I also doubt that the stag James turned into was black.

Azhure
    The animal shares some characteristics with the human - when McGonagall changes her form, the cat, it has markings that look like glasses around its eyes. And McGonagall's hair is black, while she turns into a tabby cat. So it's up to you. You can make the fur the same colour as the person's hair if you like, but it's not necessary.

~~Azhure~~

HermionesTwin_FromOz
    I think that an Animagi does not necessarily have the same colour fur/feathers etc. as their hair when they are human, but there seems to always be at least one distinct feature that they bring to their animal form. So, no, then, I think.

Hope it helps!

~Caitlin~

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    How much or how little a character resembles their Animagi form can be up to you, but it helps if you approuch it from a unique angle. Professor McGonagall was a tabby cat instead of a black cat, but she had square shaped markings around her eyes that were quite similar to her glasses. Of course, it could also be something simply, like Sirius having saggy black hair and turning into a shaggy black dog.

Like I said, what will make it unique will depend on what angle you approuch it from.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

magyk001
    Thanks for the answers! It really helped. I guess its up to me to decide in my fic. Here's

some other questions i have just thought of:

Is it possible for an Animagus to choose what form he/she takes?

Is there any way to undo being an Animagi?

Thanks again to those who posted in this thread.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Is it possible for an Animagus to choose what form he/she takes?
    Personally, I see as being somewhat akin to the Patronus charm. Your Animagus form ties into the core of your personality, so I doubt there would be very little choice in the matter.

It does raise an interesting point, though. People have the ability to change their Patronus forms, could an Animagus form change too if a person had a real change of heart? If so, they would probably have to learn how to transform all over again.

Is there any way to undo being an Animagi?
    Becoming an Animagus is a skill. You can really unlearn how to sketch portraits or speak French. A person could choose not to use it, or maybe like Tonks, it becomes harder under duress.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

lupins_girl2006
    I have a few questions. Ok, everyone has seen Lady and the Tramp, right.

Could you imagine Hermione as a brown Cocker Spaniel with thick, short, curly brown fur?

Also, since Severus' patronus is a white doe, would that mean that Lily would turn into a doe if she were an animagus?

If two people were different, yet their personalities were very similar, could they have the same animagus form?

Thanks for the help.

~Allie

Azhure
    Everything that you said is plausible.

You just have to remember that animagus forms are based on the person's personality. Their appearance doesn't affect what animal they are at all. The appearances only show through on the animal itself - eg. James doesn't look like a stag; his animagus form's appearance has a few similarities with James'.

I hope that made sense.

~~Azhure~~

lupins_girl2006
    Yea, it did make sense. I just thought I'd put my opinion out there.

~Allie

EDIT: 4:56 pm. New question.

INFO- I'm writing a fic and in it we have Lily and James, Sirius and Hermione, and Severus and my OC.

THE BIG ?- Since Sirius is a dog, could you see Hermione as the Cocker Spaniel? James is a stag, so Lily as a doe? And if my OC were to turn into a lioness and fall in love with Severus, who happens to be a lot like her, could it be possible that, since he was a lot more brave then anyone thought, that he, in turn, would become a male lion?

Just thought I'd ask.

~Allie