Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dieter Heydrich

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I'm ba-ack!

So food is what it take to make you like someone. In that case, here is a plate of chocolate chip cookies.

*holds out a plate*

Filled with chocolate chips...and nothing else!

Do you like animals?

Have you seen any of the magical creatures that wizards know about yet?

It is thought universally that Potions professors are *profanity that starts with a 'B' here* like water is wet. What do you think of your Potions professor?

Durmstrang seems to be something of an international school. How many different countries have you counted so far?

Are there any Jewish students at your school? What about Gypsies (I would think they know a lot about magic)?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Kate Skeffington
    To Tim: Just finished reading this thread and felt the need to say: 'wow' and congratulate you for this wonderful (yet creepy, and slightly evil) creation of yours. I wouldn't say Dieter is lovely, but the layers and basically the work you've done is. So, kudos, Tim, good work. I'll definitely check your fic out.

To Dieter:
    Hello, Dieter...it's, er...interesting to meet you!
    How do you feel about your physical appearance?Besides the fact that you look like the typical Aryan boy...are you confident about your looks?

I know you don't like girls (yet), but since girls grow up and mature before boys...has any girl fancied you?Have you ever had a secret admirer?

Your brother, Hans, is in the Hitler youth. Refresh my mind did the members of the HY ever got to see any battle?If so, do you ever feel scared for him? Has he ever told you about his experiences fighting in the front?

I know you said that if duty calls you'd be able to kill, but you're still young, you must feel a bit scared about such extreme violence?Do you think that if you were sent to war (I know you won't be, you're too young)you could deal with that fear? I mean, in the moment, right when you are face to face with your "enemy"?

and that's it for now!

tatjanablack
    Goodmorning Dieter,

I saw your birthday is in December. What do you do in your family? I mean do you both get birthday presents and Chrismas present?

What do your birthday mean to you? Are you excited about it?

Do you like snow?

How are you doing in school so far? Do you do all your homework ?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    WOW. Thanks for all of the questions, everyone! It's taken me a while to come up with answers for all of them!

It's about time that I drew a picture of this disturbing OC, so here he is!

Dieter Heydrich

Now, on to the interview!

Guten Tag, CakeorDeath.

What is your favourite film?

I actually haven't seen many movies, but sometimes the town meets to watch an important film. Of those, my favourite is The Triumph of the Will. It's very inspirational.

What is your favourite type of pie?

Pie with fruit in it. I also like chocolate cake.

What is your favourite book?

My favourite books are the Sky Captain Otto von Von series. The stories take place at the turn of the century, around 1900 when the Second Reich was still around. Anyway, Otto is the captain of a Zeppelin, and he flies around exploring Africa. He fights lions, savage Africans, and Jewish diamond thieves - and sometimes he rescues German maidens who were kidnapped by the French or British.

Yes, I made this book up. However, I think that propagandised stories like that would be very common in Nazi Germany.

Oh. It's you, OliveOil_Med. You haven't poisoned the chocolate chips, have you? Maybe I'll give one of your cookies to a Slav to test it first.

Do you like animals?

Yes. I like dogs, but I don't have any pets.

Have you seen any of the magical creatures that wizards know about yet?

I've only seen a unicorn out on the grounds, and an Erkling in my Defensive Magic class.

It is thought universally that Potions professors are *profanity that starts with a 'B' here* like water is wet. What do you think of your Potions professor?

Who says that Potions professors are bad? My professor is pretty nice, but I don't understand her subject at all. I think the class would be easier for me if we used the metric system, but when I try telling her this, she has no idea what I'm talking about.

Durmstrang seems to be something of an international school. How many different countries have you counted so far?

Oh... let's see...

I only really know where other first years are from - can't tell you much about the older students. I'll start with the Aryan nations first.

The Third Reich
    Denmark
    Norway

I think that's it. There might be a girl from Sweden too, but I'm not sure. Though we Aryans form a majority at Durmstrang, there are also plenty of Slavs as well, from:

The Soviet Union
    Poland
    Slovakia
    Bulgaria

I think there might be more countries, but I haven't met any students from elsewhere yet.

Are there any Jewish students at your school? What about Gypsies (I would think they know a lot about magic)?

No, there are no Jewish students at Durmstrang - it's Judenfrei. Jews are the worst kind of Untermensch, and far, far lower than Slavs. I just don't think it's possible for Jews to have magic. They're bad enough without it.

Also, as far as I am aware, there are no Gypsy students either. I don't think they'd know much about magic either, because if they did, why would they need to live the way they do?

And hello to you, Kate Skeffington.

Hello, Dieter...it's, er...interesting to meet you!How do you feel about your physical appearance?Besides the fact that you look like the typical Aryan boy...are you confident about your looks?

Er... I don't really pay attention to my looks. I mean, I just look the way I do, and that's that. I don't need to fawn over my reflection in a mirror like a girl. It seems like that's all girls want to do, play with their hair and lipstick.

I know you don't like girls (yet), but since girls grow up and mature before boys...has any girl fancied you?Have you ever had a secret admirer?

Not that I know of. There's one girl, Gerda, who keeps trying to kiss me, but I think that's because she knows it annoys me.

Your brother, Hans, is in the Hitler youth. Refresh my mind did the members of the HY ever got to see any battle?If so, do you ever feel scared for him? Has he ever told you about his experiences fighting in the front?

Er... no. Fighting is what the Army does, not the Hitler Jugend. In the DJ and the HJ, we go camping and do stuff like that. We learn how to drill and shoot, but we don't fight or anything.

Note: As the war turned against Germany, the Hitler Youth was increasingly used to actively help the war effort. First they dug air raid trenches and put out fires, but by 1945, teenage boys as young as 14 (or even younger!) were given guns to fight the Soviets as they advanced towards Berlin.

I know you said that if duty calls you'd be able to kill, but you're still young, you must feel a bit scared about such extreme violence?Do you think that if you were sent to war (I know you won't be, you're too young)you could deal with that fear? I mean, in the moment, right when you are face to face with your "enemy"?

Well, I don't have to worry about that right now. I guess that when I grow up and get older, I'll be able to do my duty. But for now, I'm just a student and I don't really think about killing Untermenschen at the moment.

Greetings, tatjanablack,

I saw your birthday is in December. What do you do in your family? I mean do you both get birthday presents and Chrismas present?

Though my family celebrates my birthday on the eleventh, I have to wait for presents until Christmas. However, I always get the largest share of presents, since some of them are for my birthday.

What do your birthday mean to you? Are you excited about it?

I like my birthdays, because I get to eat pie and cake. My best birthday was my eleventh last year, when I found out I was a wizard. I also got my wand on that day!

My twelfth birthday is coming up, and it will be my first birthday at Durmstrang. I don't know whether my family will send me presents or just wait for me to return home for Christmas.

Do you like snow?

Yes, I do. They're good for making snowballs with!

However, camping in the snow is not so enjoyable. I like the snow when I have a nice warm home (or dormitory) to return to, instead of a freezing tent.

How are you doing in school so far? Do you do all your homework ?

Well, I'm doing pretty well at Durmstrang so far, except for Potions. My best subject would have to be Defensive Magic - Quidditch is a really fun class, but I'm not very good yet, but I'm now a lot better on a broom than I was two months ago. Subjects like Transfiguration and Charms require a lot of concentration and are pretty complicated, but I seem to do well enough.

And yes, I always do my homework.

Phew! That was a lot of questions!

~ Dieter Heydrich

Thanks again for all of the great questions, everyone! I eagerly await more!

I wouldn't say Dieter is lovely, but the layers and basically the work you've done is. So, kudos, Tim, good work.
    Thanks, Kate Skeffington! I've put a lot of thought into this disturbing little boy, so I definitely appreciate that.

Tim the Enchanter

tatjanablack
    Tim: EDIT. Now it works. Great job. Looked like I had pictured me.
    Also I want to say that you have done a great job with your character. I really don't have any quenstion left...... But I want to comment on what you wrote about the Hitler Youth: It so scary that they did it. I can't believe it. Have you ever seen the movie 'Before we fall Napola' or something like that ? it is movie about that. Great job by the way.

Oh Dieter I do have question left: Third Reich... And you said Denmark. I do live in Denmark. Anyway... have you ever been to other countries than Germany?

And before you went to Drumstang you said you went to a Muggleschool, do you miss your Mugglefriends? I suposse you had some friends before Dumstrang?

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Guten Tag Dieter.

How does your brother feel about you being a wizard?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Greetings tatjanablack,

Third Reich... And you said Denmark. I do live in Denmark. Anyway... have you ever been to other countries than Germany?

Oh, you're from Denmark? The Danes are great Aryans - I like Vikings. I've never been to Denmark, though...

A few years ago in '36, my family went on a trip to Switzerland and Austria - that was before the Anschluss, when Austria became part of the Reich.

Historical Note: Here's a VERY SUBTLE BALLOT, asking Austrians whether they should have their country absorbed by Nazi Germany, and accept Hitler as their leader. Notice the huge size differences between the "Yes" and "No" circles?

Hmm... my propaganda senses are tingling...

And before you went to Drumstang you said you went to a Muggleschool, do you miss your Mugglefriends? I suposse you had some friends before Dumstrang?

I do miss my Muggle friends, but I'll be seeing them for the Christmas holiday. Last year during a Deutsches Jungvolk snow camping trip, we had an epic snowball fight with the girls of the Jungmädel (both sides claimed victory, though I believe we boys won). My friends and I resolved to make this a tradition every year, and I am eager to fight once more.

This time, however, I'll have a wand hidden in my sleeve! This should be fun!

And Guten Tag to you, Elf.

How does your brother feel about you being a wizard?

Which one? I have three brothers.

My younger brothers Paul and Albert are quite excited about it, and they go around telling their friends that I am a wizard (though nobody really believes them). Before I left for Durmstrang, they kept asking me to show them some magic, but since I hadn't learned any yet, they were very disappointed. However, I will have a lot to show them when I visit home for Christmas this year.

My older brother, Hans, likes to tease me about me being a wizard. He keeps asking me whether I know any spells to make skirts transparent - he seems to think that that's the only thing that magic is useful for. I actually think he's a bit jealous, because he's a Muggle and knows it. My younger siblings could very well be magical, but we don't know yet.

~ Dieter Heydrich

Thank you so much for all of the questions and feedback, everyone. Thirty-five posts and 700 views! Should be an Original Character Thread record!

And tatjanablack, I haven't heard of "Before We Fall Napola" until you mentioned it, unfortunately. The Nazis were responsible for many terrible crimes, but I think one that is a bit overlooked is how they corrupted a whole generation of their youth. I find it quite tragic, that millions of children were explicitly taught to hate other people and to never question what they were told.

Tim the Enchanter

tatjanablack
    I have one quenstion left Dieter: Well I wonder what your parents has told your former Muggleschool? I mean, how do they explain the reason for why you have left the school? I supose that they don't have told them about Dumstrang?

And yes I live in Denmark. I don't really look very much as a Aryan I think. I have brown hair and brown eyes.

And Tim: You should see it if you get a chance. In my opnion it is a good movie. It is a German movie and in German it is called Napola - Elite für den Führer

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I got more questions for our favorite little Nazi!

You've told us before that now Durmstrang has changed their policies to allow Muggle-borns in, but public opinions don't change overnight. Is there anyone at your school who is less than happy about Muggle-borns being allowed in?

Germany has just invaded Poland. How are the Polish students coping with this? Do they worry about their families and friends? Are the students from other countries worried their homes will be next?

With Germany becoming more agressive, how are the rest of the students treating you and the other German students (although I don't imagine the pureblood students would know as much).

Do the teachers treat you specially because you come from a Muggle family?

Are the girls at Durmstrang in general much different than the Muggle girls in your old village?

Have you met any of the older students?

Now time for another Geography lesson! My family comes from Malta (a tiny island near Sicily). What do you know about that country?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

tatjanablack
    Hello Dieter!

I have come up with a good quenstion. Before you knew you were a wizard, how do you felt about magic? Did you believe in magicail things or did you think it was something stupid you only heard about in fairytales when you was small child?