Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Dieter Heydrich

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Well, hello there Nate. Welcome back to my thread!

Molly's says she actually came up with one of Tim's characters: Sille, the little Danish girl. Why don't you tell us about her?

I can't say I know much about her; she's not officially Dieter-canon until Tim writes her into the story, which should be about... two to three chapters from where I am now.

But I can tell you that she's Danish and has an annoying laugh. That's about as much as I know about her.

I might add that Tim would like to thank you for coming up with a free "filler" character - I think he might have mentioned it before, but creating names for characters is the thing he hates most about writing for some reason.

Why does Tim always make me suffer? He makes a ball explode in my face, get's me stuck in a vacumn, and has monkeys throw...THINGS at me and steal my Pop-Crackers (Molly wonders when she ever told him what those are. She doesn't remember). Why does he hate me? Did YOU put him up to these things?

Why does he hate you? Well, who doesn't hate annoying, irresponsible American boys? Besides, I can be very persuasive...

And you should tell Molly that she never told me what Pop-Crackers were. It was YOU who described them to me - check your thread if you can't remember.

Have you had any wizarding candy yet? What are some of the ones you've tried?

Well, let's see...

There's one interesting sweet called Chocolate Snidgets. These are in the shape of walnut-sized, extremely rotund birds (almost spherical) which bear an uncanny resemblance to a Golden Snitch, in Quidditch. When you open the wrapper, the chocolate immediately takes flight and you have to catch it if you want to eat it - understandably, this sweet is quite popular with Seekers.

Another sweet that stands out are Bonbon-Bomben - they're similar to your Pop-Crackers. These sweets are little black or red squashed spheres (some students actually use them the play Draughts with) that taste like sour cherries, but also have a tendency to explode. Fortunately, saliva eliminates the explosiveness of the sweet, so they are, in fact, safe to eat. However, it is quite fun to not eat them at all, and instead just throw them at things or each other with enough force to make them blow up. I've also heard some students pack them in snowballs to make them explos...

You know what? I should really try that. That would be quite fun!

What's your favorite food?

Let's see... chocolate cake, venison (really good!), what else? Oh, I don't particularly like vegetables, except for carrots.

I also like bananas whenever I get a chance to eat them, which isn't all that often. They taste so... different from anything else I typically eat.

Have you brothers and sisters been begging to go to the wizarding market now? Are there any other ways to get there besides the Floo Network?

Of course they have! They almost drove me insane in the month after I got my school supplies. I'm quite certain that there are more ways to get into Gellert Grindelwald Platz, but I don't have the slightest idea how, because I don't even know where it is. Even if it is in Berlin like I assume it is, it's quite a large city and I don't know where to look.

Do they have zoos where you live? Have you ever been to one? Are there wizarding zoos, do you think? I really don't know.

My hometown is too small for a zoo, and I've never been to one. Now, I know there are reserves for different magical creatures, but I'm not sure if the wizarding world has zoos or not.

Have you ever met any famous witches or wizards? Do you think you ever will?

Our Quidditch instructor is Professor Adlersflügel (can't remember his first name), who used to play as a Chaser and Captain for the Dortmund Dragon-Lancers. He also flew for the Zaubererreich in the 1934 Quidditch World Cup, which was his last game, I think - that's where he got his wobbly jaw. Anyway, almost everyone (who isn't Muggle-born, that is) seems to know who he is, so I guess that qualifies as being famous.

Otherwise, I haven't met any other famous witches or wizards. I would like to meet Grindelwald, though - I've heard quite a lot about him.

So, it was nice to talk to you again, Nate. Now go back to your corner!

~ Dieter Heydrich

Hello Molly - thanks for the questions! I'm having quite a busy weekend, but hopefully I'll be able to work some more on Chapter Seven this week. As for when I will finish it, I cannot say...

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Hey, Dieter! Molly, again. I really have to tell you, I am running out of things to talk to you about. We better get you started on a new thread so we can get some new topics. And then you can write a whole new intro for us to work off of.

You've said your little brother like dragons. Can he name any of the particular species? What does he know about them?

From a geographic standpoint, how much do you know about wizarding Europe? North America? The rest of the continents?

What are your opinions on Australia?

What is the climate like in your home town?

Do you know anything about the wizarding schools to the easy of you?

What are some professional Quidditch teams you know of? Is there one that you have come to cheer for?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Hey, Dieter! Molly, again. I really have to tell you, I am running out of things to talk to you about. We better get you started on a new thread so we can get some new topics. And then you can write a whole new intro for us to work off of.
    Well, hello Molly! What do you mean, you're running out of things to talk about? There are millions of things to talk about! I'll start by answering your questions.

You've said your little brother like dragons. Can he name any of the particular species? What does he know about them?

I actually got him a book on dragons when I went to Gellert Grindelwald Platz to buy my school supplies. Naturally, he read the book front to back several times and has memorised the dragon species just like he has for many dinosaurs. If you ask him, Paul would tell you about each dragon in detail just from what he's read.

I might also add that he believes that dragons are the modern descendants of dinosaurs - he used to want to be a paleontologist and dig up dinosaurs, but he now wants to dig for prehistoric dragons to establish the evolutionary link.

From a geographic standpoint, how much do you know about wizarding Europe? North America? The rest of the continents?

I am quite good at geography. I can name every every country in the world and tell you its capital, and describe its flag and racial composition, among other things.

But for wizarding geography, I only have my assumptions, which should be correct. French wizards live in France, English wizards in England, etc.

Note that political geography was easier in 1939, since there were a lot fewer countries to worry about!

What are your opinions on Australia?

Australia? Well, it's a country of koala-eating convicts!

Okay, I'm joking about the koalas, but Australia used to be a penal colony where Britain would dump all of their criminals. I'd say that's not a very good start for country!

What is the climate like in your home town?

It is cold and it snows a lot during the winter. For the rest of the year it is cool to warm (in the summer), and it rains mostly consistently throughout. In other words, it is nicely temperate.

Do you know anything about the wizarding schools to the easy of you?

Sorry, I don't understand this question. What does "to the easy of me" mean?

What are some professional Quidditch teams you know of? Is there one that you have come to cheer for?

Within Germany, I've heard of the Heidelberg Harriers, the Dortmund Dragon-Lancers, and the Tempests. There are some more, but I can't remember their names. I've also heard of some prominent foreign teams, like the French Quiberon Quafflepunchers.

I don't have any favourite teams, because I've only heard of them and have never watched any of them play. However, my Quidditch teacher used to play for the Dortmund Dragon-Lancers, so simply based on that criteria, I would say that I support that team. But I'd have to watch some matches to make an actual decision.

However, I might add that the Dortmund Dragon-Lancers have the best name of any Quidditch team I'm aware of!

~ Dieter Heydrich

Thanks for the questions, Molly! I have to admit that Chapter Seven of Für Das Größere Wohl is causing me a lot of grief. I want to write Chapter Eight in which Dieter goes to Durmstrang, but first I have to do the filler chapter of the time between that and the purchase of his school supplies! I have some ideas of what to include in this transition chapter, but most of it is a jumbled mess leading nowhere so far. Grrr...

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Sorry, I don't understand this question. What does "to the easy of me" mean?
    I'm sorry, that was a typo. I meant to say to the EAST of you. You know, all those lovely Slavic countries you seem to adore so much.

But in addition to that, I do have some other questions for you.

Do you know any words in any other languages beside German?

Does Durmstrang have prefects, head students, class-elected officials, or any other old students that have some sort of position of power?

What is the German wizarding newspaper called? What other papers have you seen students reading around Durmstrang? With all the different nationalities, you must have seen a lot of them.

Do you have a favorite textbook you like to read? Have you read any other wizarding books for fun (then again, you don't strike me as the type that would read for fun anyway)?

Have you seen any wild animals around Durmstrang that really wouldn't be considered magical creatures (wolves and such)?

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Hello again, Molly. We seem to be talking to each other quite a lot recently...

Do you know anything about the wizarding schools to the east of you?

Truth be told, I know next to nothing about wizarding schools to the east of Durmstrang. I do happen to know there should be at least one in the Soviet Union and one in the Balkans, and that they are packed full of Slavs. That's just about all I know about them.

Do you know any words in any other languages beside German?

Of course! In French, I can say "my name is Dieter Heydrich", "where is the toilet?", and some swear words.

I also know how to say "Stop, or I shoot!" in Romanian - one of the Great War phrases Father taught me.

With other languages, I only know a few words, like "yes" and "no" in English and Russian.

Other than that, I only know and exclusively speak German.

Does Durmstrang have prefects, head students, class-elected officials, or any other old students that have some sort of position of power?

Durmstrang has a total of seventeen prefects and one Head Prefect (Oberpräfekt). Every year, six Fifth year students are appointed as prefects, and they retain their positions (unless replaced) until they finish school. One Seventh year prefect, however, is promoted to Oberpräfekt. So, there are eighteen student 'officers' (for lack of a better term) total.

The prefects patrol the corridors and grounds, assist the professors, oversee detentions, that sort of thing. They also serve as the crew of the Durmstrang ship (the Seeschlange), with the Oberpräfekt as Captain. I'd like to be Head Prefect in my Seventh year - I think I would be good for the job, and piloting a ship sounds rather fun.

What is the German wizarding newspaper called? What other papers have you seen students reading around Durmstrang? With all the different nationalities, you must have seen a lot of them.

The German wizarding newspaper is called Der tägliche Kurier, or "The Daily Messenger." I haven't paid much notice to any other newspapers, as I don't really care what the Slavic students read. I think I saw a Russian newspaper once or twice in passing, but I had no idea what it was called.

Do you have a favorite textbook you like to read? Have you read any other wizarding books for fun (then again, you don't strike me as the type that would read for fun anyway)?

My favourite textbook would have to be Defensive Magic for Beginners, obviously for Defensive Magic class. And I do read for fun! When I was at Gellert Grindelwald Platz last year, I got a book on dragons, which I've read a few times.

Concerning Muggle books, I like the Sky Captain Otto von Von series, my books on the armed forces, and I'm currently reading Mein Kampf.

Have you seen any wild animals around Durmstrang that really wouldn't be considered magical creatures (wolves and such)?

Of course we have normal animals - why wouldn't we? I have seen birds and the occasional rabbit, but I have yet to see a fox or a wolf. Owls, however, I see all the time for the obvious reason that they carry the post.

~ Dieter Heydrich

When I first created Dieter, I knew I would be treading on thin ice with this Nazi!wizard-boy fic of mine. Well, now the ice has a crack.

Today I discovered that my latest illustration for this story was removed by photobucket.com for featuring a swastika. It certainly could have been a lot worse (like getting my account banned or something), but this certainly reminded me that anything I do with this story will have to be done very carefully. And I still think I'm a little bit insane for writing this story in the first place...

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Well, I have some more questions for our little Dieter.

What's the most exotic pet you have ever seen someone have?

What is the most dangerous magical creature you have ever seen? Which dangerous creature would you LIKE to see (from a safe distance, of course) if you ever got the chance?

What do you know about Spain and Portugal?

Do you enjoy playing pranks? Do you know anyone who does? What is the best prank you have ever seen?

What type of magical creature would you like to have as a pet besides an owl?

What magical creatures are native to Germany?

What are the elective classes offered to older Durmstrang students? Which ones would you want to take?

Do you have any major exams at Durmstrang? Does it ever get complicated with students from so many different countries?

Brand New Story!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Dieter, I'm not really sure if any of these questions have been asked already...

What's your favourite colour? Animal? Bird? Fruit? Vegetable? Place (other than Germany)? Book (other than Sky Captain Otto)?

What's your personal opinion on nicknames? Have you had any? Did you like them or were the the Most Embarassing Things On Earth?

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Well, hello there Molly!

What's the most exotic pet you have ever seen someone have?

Well, if you consider owls exotic...

Being Muggleborn, I still find it odd to have owls as pets, but aside from those, I haven't seen any strange or exotic pets.

But now that you mention it, there was a student in the Middle Ages who brought a full-grown dragon to Durmstrang - since then, all pets have to be approved by the school.

What is the most dangerous magical creature you have ever seen? Which dangerous creature would you LIKE to see (from a safe distance, of course) if you ever got the chance?

The most dangerous magical creature I've seen would be an Erkling in Defensive Magic class. Erklings... are really ugly! But I do have to admit that beating them on the head is immensely satisfying.

I'm pretty sure I've also seen a Griffin (it was far away, so I couldn't really tell, but I think it was one) flying around the mountains surrounding the school, but they're not aggressive towards humans. They will tear you limb to limb if you provoke them, though.

As for dangerous creatures I'd like to see, I'd like to see a Norwegian Ridgeback, the kind of dragon my wand core is from.

What do you know about Spain and Portugal?

I don't know much about Spain and Portugal in the magical context, unfortunately. But concerning the basics, those two countries are the westernmost nations of continental Europe, and have drier and hotter climates than the rest of Europe. Spain and Portugal also used to have huge colonial empires (well, not really for Portugal) - to move on to more recent times, the Spaniards just half a year ago defeated the forces of Judeo-Bolshevism in their civil war. But the Bolsheviks will be back and will keep causing chaos until we destroy them.

Do you enjoy playing pranks? Do you know anyone who does? What is the best prank you have ever seen?

No, I don't play pranks, nor have I seen any in action. You may live in a frivolous, decadent society that promotes such frivolous behaviour, but we have the discipline to concentrate with our studies. Besides, if you want to humiliate someone, then you do it in a duel.

What type of magical creature would you like to have as a pet besides an owl?

I don't know, really. An owl is fine with me. Though I think dragons are pretty interesting, I wouldn't want one for a pet, but my younger brother says otherwise.

What magical creatures are native to Germany?

Unfortunately, I don't know too much about the magizoology of Germany, as I haven't read about it and I don't have any classes about it. What I do know, however, is that at Durmstrang we have some griffins living in the mountain peaks, and Erklings and unicorns in the forest. There are certainly more magical creatures, but I'm not aware of them.

And if the rumours are to be believed, Durmstrang also has a few dragons that are the descendants of the one that boy brought to school as a pet in 1453, but I won't believe that until I see it.

What are the elective classes offered to older Durmstrang students? Which ones would you want to take?

Not being an older Durmstrang student, I really have no idea. When I find out what classes I can take in a few years, I'll tell you.

Do you have any major exams at Durmstrang? Does it ever get complicated with students from so many different countries?

We do have two different higher-level tests, called Z.A.G.s in fifth year and U.T.Z.s in our seventh. I don't really know what they are, aside from the fact that they're supposed to be very difficult.

And why should examinations be complicated by students from other countries? Could you elaborate on your question as to why you think that would happen?

Now, hello to you, BB.

What's your favourite colour? Animal? Bird? Fruit? Vegetable? Place (other than Germany)? Book (other than Sky Captain Otto)?

My favourite colour is red. My favourite animal would probably be a Norwegian Ridgeback, and my favourite bird is... an eagle, I suppose. Concerning fruits, I like bananas. I don't really care too much for vegetables, but carrots are good.

My favourite place other than Germany would be Switzerland, since it is the only foreign country (aside from Austria) I've actually visited. The scenery is quite beautiful there - it's spectacular. Finally, for my favourite book would actually be one of my textbooks, and that is Defensive Magic for Beginners.

What's your personal opinion on nicknames? Have you had any? Did you like them or were the the Most Embarassing Things On Earth?

I never use nicknames, and I have never had one - 'Dieter' is a name that doesn't really needs to be shortened, you see.

~ Dieter Heydrich

Thanks for all the questions, and I'm sorry for taking so long to answer them! I've had quite a busy week, but now my scholarly obligations have subsided, I can get back to working some more on this story. Speaking of which, Chapter Five has recently been approved, and the story has been featured! Hurrah for the pretty blue ribbon!

Tim the Enchanter

leahsm2
    I hope these questions haven't been asked of you before, but seeing you hovering about the Quidditch Pitch has made me curious.

Aren't you surrounded by those who feel that you, as a Muggle-born Wizard, are as much of a sub-species as those you openly despise?

If so, how do you deal with those who would denigrate you for something that is so obviously not your fault?

Does that change in the least the way you feel about the "others" you are forced to associate with?

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    POST NUMBER 150!!

*collects self*

So, Dieter, what actually DID happen when the dragon was brought to school?

And you're not feeling that things floating by a beam of light coming from a stick and all that jazz is weird, but you feel having a bird as a pet is weird?

the descendants of the one that boy brought to school as a pet in 1453,
    So the dragon brought by the boy was a pregnant female? Because, you know, there would have to be another dragon other wise...

How do you feel, being the first OC to finish up an entire thread? Ask Tim if you don't understand what I mean...

Tim, how is Dieter going to be different in his next thread? Are we going to see an older Dieter? *can't wait*

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives