Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dieter Heydrich

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Oh. It's you, OliveOil_Med.

Why do you keep spelling my name wrong? It's getting very annoying!

Wait... what's that you're hiding behind your back? Is it a present? I love presents! If you give me a present, I might reconsider my threat to send the Gestapo after you!

Now I'll answer your questions...

Why don't you tell us a little bit about your roommates?

I have three roommates, two of which are my new friends, Ernst and Konrad. Ernst is Muggle-born, a little taller than me, and has black hair. He's a little on the quiet side but he's very nice. Konrad is from an old wizarding family and looks a bit like me, and he is more outgoing than Ernst.

However, my third roommate is named Aleksandar: he's a Slav, all the way from Bulgaria. Obviously, I don't like him, and he doesn't like me and Ernst because we are both Muggle-born.

Who is your least favorite teacher?

Probably Professor Geschichte, who teaches History of Magic. He looks at me in a weird way, but doesn't say anything. Sometimes he creeps me out.

Is there anyone at your school who the Nazi party would consider weak?

Where have you been? Haven't I told you that there are Slavs at Durmstrang?

What do your classmates know about the Muggle war going on in the world?

They don't know much, apart from the fact that it is happening. Also, the newspapers don't say much, because the journalists don't really know how Muggle warfare works.

Fortunately, I have been receiving Muggle news from my parents, and I end up telling anyone who is curious about what is happening in Poland.

What is your wand made of?

I like my wand. It is 33 centimetres long, rigid, and made of dark ebony wood. The core is a dragon heartstring from a Norwegian Ridgeback.

What is your favorite of all your textbooks?

My favourite textbook would have to be Defensive Magic for Beginners. It's full of lots of fun and useful spells, and it has plenty of diagrams of wand movements I can easily follow.

Is there any class taught at Durmstrang that aren't taught at other schools?

I don't know what classes are taught at other schools of magic, so I can't say anything for sure. However, I think that Durmstrang is the only school that teaches Quidditch as a required subject.

You've said before that girls are icky. What do you think of the girls at your school?

I don't really understand girls. All they want to talk about are clothes and pointless gossip, and I find it hard to maintain a conversation with them if we're not talking about schoolwork.

Plus, I don't like it when they try to kiss me. It's annoying, and unfortunately they know that.

Describe your uniform for us.

Our uniforms are plain, crimson robes. When it gets cold, we wear fur coats over them - they're quite warm.

And now for Elf's questions...

Who told you that elves can't type?

Well, I've been told that all elves did was cooking and cleaning. Also, I've never seen anybody in the wizarding world us a typewriter, so I find it especially odd that an elf would use one.

How would you prove it to them?

I would argue with them, and just so that they know that I am smarter and know what I say is true, I will get better grades than those troublesome Untermenschen.

Or maybe I'll just hex them.

~ Dieter Heydrich

Sorry I haven't come up with any last names for my secondary characters. I'll have to work some more on them.

Don't worry. Dieter's the only profoundly disturbing Nazi-psycho kid wizard. Believe it or not, my story will also have normal people it in!

Tim the Enchanter

BleedINink

Giving Pie To Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Enchanter, writter of one creepy child thing
    disturbing Nazi-psycho kid wizard
    That he really is.

Back to our dear Dieter:

*waves *'Lo Dietz. Don't worry unlike OliveOil_Med I'm not packing heat! *waves empty hands* See! Question time.

Did you have pets at home? Did you feel they were more important than Slav/Jews/Poles or other "Untermenschen"?

What is your favorite desert?

Do you like school food better than food at home?

What is your favorite color? [I am American and there is no 'u' in favorite here]

What smells to you associate with happiness? Sadness? Anger? Mortification? Fun?

You have one hour to spend how ever you want, the sky is the limit, what would you do?

What would you describe as human characteristics?

Do you like fruit pie?

Are you still wet?

-Nyk

Tim: I love the way you write him. He is such a brat, but in a normal I am eleven way. You are very talented! =] You deserve pie.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Hello Nyk,

So you don't have any presents for me?

Hmm... Dietz. Nobody has ever called me that before. I kind of like that name.

Did you have pets at home? Did you feel they were more important than Slav/Jews/Poles or other "Untermenschen"?

Why did you put Untermenschen in quotation marks?

Anyway, no, I never had any pets at home. I have plenty of brothers and sisters, though.

To answer your other question, pets offer companionship. What can the Untermenschen offer? Only corruption, greed, impurity, and every other vice. I'd rather have a dog than an Untermensch as a friend.

What is your favorite desert?

Interesting question...

My favourite desert would probably be the Kalahari Desert, in Southern Africa. It has an interesting name.

Do you like school food better than food at home?

The school food is very good, but I prefer Mutti's cooking. Her food is more... personal. Do you know what I mean?

What is your favorite color?

Red, like on the flag of the Reich.

What smells to you associate with happiness? Sadness? Anger? Mortification? Fun?

Er... I don't really associate smells with feelings. This is a weird question.

I'll have to think about that one, but don't be surprised if I can't answer it.

You have one hour to spend how ever you want, the sky is the limit, what would you do?

Oooh! If I could spend an hour doing anything I want, I would like to talk to Adolf Hitler in person! I've only seen him from a distance, but I want to be able to shake his hand, and get his autograph, and get a picture taken of him with me. I don't know what I'll talk about with the Führer, but that doesn't really matter.

Everyone would be so jealous! It would be great!

What would you describe as human characteristics?

Probably high intelligence, and complex feelings like love and compassion, or things like logic, and reason. That is what makes us different from animals and Untermenschen.

Do you like fruit pie?

Yes, I do! Can I have some?

Are you still wet?

No, thank God! The worst part was having wet underpants! It feels so weird!

Yes, I am dry now, and please don't douse me again like OliveOil_Med!

~ Dieter Heydrich

Well, Nyk, I was eleven a long time ago and I kind of forget what it was like, so I'm glad you think Dieter's an authentic eleven-years-old brat!

Of course, Dieter's no normal little brat. Most little kids his age aren't racist psychopaths!

Tim the Enchanter

tatjanablack
    Hello Tim,
    Now it is my turn to interview Tim. I have been looking forward to it.

So:

Hello Dieter,

How does your parents feel about you being wizard? I guess you have told them?

What is the most exciting thing you have learned at Dumstrang so far?

You said that one of your roomates were a Muggleborn too. How does he feel about being a wizard?

What is the first thing you remember from your childhood

When you went to school before Dumstrang - what was your favorite subject then?

What are you afraid of?

What is the best birthday gift you ever have got?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Guten Tag, tatjanablack,

Hurrah! More questions!

First of all how does your parents feel about you being a wizard? I guess you have told them?

My parents are quite proud of me - they say that with magic, I will go far in life and will be able to serve the Reich.

Of course, they were initially quite skeptical when the Durmstrang Headmaster arrived to our house and told my parents that I was a wizard. I was quite surprised by the news, but also relieved - some strange things had happened to me earlier and I thought I was going mad, so I'm glad that magic was the explanation!

What is so far the most exciting thing you have learned at Dumstrang?

Learning how to FLY! I've always wanted to fly in an aeroplane, but brooms are better! Its very exciting, the feeling of weightlessness in a dive - my brain is still trying to comprehend how a piece of wood could support a vastly heavier person, but that's magic!

You said that one of your roomates were a Muggleborn too. How does he feel about being a wizard?

He's quite fascinated, and considers himself lucky that he is a wizard. Ernst spends a lot of time learning as much as he can about the magical world - I suspect he's eager to leave the Muggle world behind.

What is the earlist memory you have from your childhood?

I can't remember the details to well, but I think my earliest memory of of me sitting in Mutti's lap when I was very little. She was singing along with a song from the radio, but that's all I remember. I think I was three at the time.

Before you went to Dumstrang I suposse that you went to a Muggleschool, back then what was your favorite subject in school?

My favourite subject in Muggle school was physical education - it was very easy and fun, and we never had to do any schoolwork for it! I also liked subjects like geography and history, but I never enjoyed arithmetic or grammar or complicated subjects like that.

What are you afraid of?

I don't really know - haven't thought about that. I'm afraid of dying, I suppose.

Yes, Dieter isn't the self-reflective type. If he ever runs into a Boggart, I suspect he'll find an answer to this question!

What is the best birthday present you ever have got?

I don't know if you could call it a present, but the best thing I got on my birthday was my wand, when I turned eleven last year. It is made of ebony, is 33 centimetres long, and has a dragon heartstring core of a Norwegian Ridgeback.

Thanks for the questions. Any more?

~ Dieter Heydrich

I just realised that's the first time Dieter has said "thank you" in any of these interviews. I guess that says something about him...

Tim the Enchanter

tatjanablack
    Tim: It has been a long time since I have seen such a belivabe character. He seems as he could exsit in the real world. And I really liked the answers he gave.
    I have been thinking about another question and I have been reading the whole topic and I don't think these have been asked before. Also you don't need to answer them I am just curious

Anyway: Guten tag Dieter,

I can't really remember what you have told about your family so I would like to know something more about your family if you don't mind.

I think you have answered this before, but how many sisters/brothers do you have?
    How do you feel about your sisters/brothers?
    Do you feel that you are better than them now when you are a wizard?
    How does they feel about having a brother who is wizard?

About your Mutter and Father: How does they look like?
    What is the best thing your Father knows to do in his sparetime and same goes for your Mother?

You were born in 1927 I think you told us, I suposse that then your parents has been living when the First World War took place. How was your family postion during that war if you know that? Was your Father a soldier, if yes, how do you feel about you Father?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Notes from the Author...

Dieter's parents in the story are never mentioned by name (partly because I can't come up with any!), and he simply calls his mother Mutti ("Mummy") and father Vati ("Daddy").

Hello again,

Now, more questions to answer...

I can't really remember what you have told about your family so I would like to know something more about your family if you don't mind.

You're right - I haven't talked much about my family. Do you mind if I answer this question through your next questions, since it overlaps?

I think you have answered this before, but how many sisters/brothers do you have?

In total, I have five other siblings, for which Mutti was awarded the German Mother's Cross, Second Class. Anyway, I have an older brother, Hans, who is now fifteen. All my other siblings are younger than me: Paul (9), Marie (7), Lena (6), and Albert (4).

How do you feel about your sisters/brothers?

We are pretty close. My younger brothers and sisters look up to me, and my older brother Hans can't stop teasing me. However, in the last year or so, much of my time was spent at school and in youth programmes that I couldn't spend much time with them.

Now that I'm at Durmstrang, I get a lot of letters from them, and I am glad to hear from my family.

Do you feel that you are better than them now when you are a wizard?

No, not at all. All Aryans are equal, regardless of occupation, money, or magic. I love my brothers and sisters all the same.

How does they feel about having a brother who is wizard?

They're very excited. Once I got my wand, they pleaded with me to show them some magic, but since I didn't know any at the time, they were disappointed. However, I did practise some spells before term started in September, so I was able to show them some simple magic. Also, Hans keeps asking whether I know any spells that "do things to skirts" - it gets annoying sometimes. I think he's a bit jealous.

But my younger siblings want to be magical soon, and they weren't the least deterred by the fact that you are either born with magic or are not. Recently, they've been exploring the forest, looking for dragons and other magical things.

About your Mutter and Father: How does they look like?

Both of my parents have blue eyes, but Muti has brown hair while Vati's hair is blond.

What is the best thing your Father knows to do in his sparetime and same goes for your Mother?

Well, for Mutti, it's definitely cooking. For Vati... well, he's a busy man, but he tells good stories. Mutti stays at home and tends to the house, but I wish Vati could have some more free time.

You were born in 1927 I think you told us, I suposse that then your parents has been living when the First World War took place. How was your family postion during that war if you know that? Was your Father a soldier, if yes, how do you feel about you Father?

Vati fought in the Eastern front, against the Russians and the Romanians. Once the war ended there, he was sent west to fight the French, British, and Americans in 1918. He has lots of exciting stories from the early years of the war, but he doesn't talk as much about the Western front.

Muti, on the other hand, worked in a munitions factory and made 7.5 cm artillery shells for three years. She says that even after two decades, her hands haven't quite recovered from the repetitive motions of screwing the fuses onto the nose caps.

I am quite proud of my parents contributions to the war effort, but it was all in vain. Fortunately in this war, the Jews won't stab us in the back like last time!

~ Dieter Heydrich

Thanks for the questions, tatjanablack! Took me a while to come up with answers for some of them.

Tim the Enchanter

BleedINink
    I'm back!

I offer pie.

*pie*

Are you close with your extended family? Aunts/Uncles or cousins?

Do you dislike any of your family?

Do you like the pie I gave you?

What does your favorite shirt look like?

Do you like music?

How about the drums?

What color are your shoes?

Do you like beans?

Tim, you are awesome, I love coming to this page. =] I just wanted to tell you.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Oh, hello Nyk,

Thanks for the pie! Excuse me for a moment...

Fifteen minutes later...

Now, on to your questions.

Are you close with your extended family? Aunts/Uncles or cousins?

Not particularly - my extended family isn't that... extensive. I do have one grandfather that I sometimes see, but he's rather boring. Sometimes we visit Mutti's brother and his family, but I don't know them to well. Mutti also has a sister we don't talk too much about, and my father's brother died in France during the Great War.

Do you dislike any of your family?

My aunt, I suppose. I've only met her once when I was very little, but she's a communist and I think she ran away to the Soviet Union. We don't talk about her much.

My older brother Hans likes to tease me and that's very annoying, but I don't dislike him. He just gets on my nerves sometimes.

Do you like the pie I gave you?

Yes, I did. Thank you, it was excellent!

What does your favorite shirt look like?

Honestly, I don't have a favourite shirt. Clothes are just clothes, and I don't really think about them much. However, I do like my Deutsches Jungvolk uniform - I brought it with me to Durmstrang.

Do you like music?

Sure. Music with a lot of percussion.

How about the drums?

I actually play the marching drums in the Deutsches Jungvolk! I initially tried out the bugle, but I was no good at it, but then I discovered that I was much better at drums - besides, it's a lot easier!

At important town meetings and rallies, the Hitler Jugend and the Deutsches Jungvolk (that's me!) have their bands play for a bit.

What color are your shoes?

Black leather.

Do you like beans?

No. They make me break wind.

~ Dieter Heydrich

Hmm... it looks like Dieter could act like a somewhat normal person if you bribe him with food first. Well, thanks for the questions, Nyk!

Tim the Enchanter

PS: In case any of you were wondering, the Deutsches Jungvolk was the junior branch of the Hitler Youth, for boys of 10-14 years old. The Hitler Jugend was for boys from 15 to 18, and both branches were designed to turn kids into little Nazis.

Yes, I have done my research.

CakeorDeath
    Hi Dieter!

What is your favourite film?

What is your favourite type of pie?

What is your favourite book?