Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accedental Animagus

owlstar

Accedental Animagus

Hi, i have a germ of an idia and wonderd if it was plausable. would a child (pre- hogworts age) in say, a life or death situation be able to become an Animagus? the idia is she would get stuck in her animal form and forget she was ever a witch.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    I don't think so although your idea really sounds interesting. But to become an Animagus it requires years of hard training and very advanced magic.

What you could take as a reason is accidental Transfiguration. If her magical power is strong enough, and she's accidentally using magic in a life or death situation, she could be able to accidentally transfigure herself into an animal. But just by Transfiguration, not becoming an Animagus. And with accidental Transfiguration she wouldn't be able to get back into her original girl body since she doesn't know how she became the animal in the first place.

Good luck with your idea.

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it
    I agree with Bine. Remember how Lupin said that it took Sirius, James, and Peter years to learn how to turn into Animagi? It is really advanced magic. Perhaps, if it is right for the situation, her mother or father could Transfigure her into an animal and mess up in a desperate attempt at hiding her, which I suppose would be almost the same thing as becoming an Animagus.
    Good luck!

owlstar
    thanks for your help. that sounds like it would work.

A.H.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if people could just transfigure themselves into an animal at will, why would they spend all that time learning how to become just one animal? Otherwise, I don't think it's possible to just transfigure yourself at will.

Considering the fact that they learned how to turn small objects into animals/animals into objects in school, it might be plausible for another person to turn her into an animal. But other than that, it's really not likely.

Arianna

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.
    Considering the fact that they learned how to turn small objects into animals/animals into objects in school, it might be plausible for another person to turn her into an animal.
    We know that's possible, because Crouch/Fake-Moody turned Draco into a ferret in GoF.

owlstar
    I think this might need a bit more reaserch before i get carried away.

vampitude
    Doesn't Krum turn his head into a shark's head? So it must be possible to Transfigure into an animal, just uber-hard.

So, I'm assuming it's very difficult magic to Transfigure you or someone else into an animal and would be just as hard every time you tried to use the spell. Maybe it's less trouble just to spend all that time becoming an Animagus and being able to become an animal with ease every time you try.

Maybe the girl has a lot of suppressed magic in her, and it all comes out when she's in a desperate situation. Remember, you can be as creative as you want with this. If J.K. Rowling didn't state it was impossible and you think it's plausible, you can write about it.

Rose

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Quote Originally Posted by vampitude
    Doesn't Krum turn his head into a shark's head? So it must be possible to Transfigure into an animal, just uber-hard.
    Here's the quote from GoF:

'Mr Viktor Krum used an incomplete form of Transfiguration, which was nevertheless effective [...]'
    And of course Transfiguration is hard. The bigger the object you want to transfigure is, the harder it gets. Especially if it's not an object, but a person or animal.

So, I'm assuming it's very difficult magic to Transfigure you or someone else into an animal and would be just as hard every time you tried to use the spell. Maybe it's less trouble just to spend all that time becoming an Animagus and being able to become an animal with ease every time you try.
    Sure, once you mastered the Animagus spell, changing into an animal is much easier than transfiguring yourself. But Transfiguration is easier than mastering becoming an Animagi. So as long as you're not an Animagus, Transfiguration is the only thing you can do.

Maybe the girl has a lot of suppressed magic in her, and it all comes out when she's in a desperate situation.
    In a life or death situation you develop strengths you never knew you had. That's what I said at the beginning; she'd be accidentally able to transfigure herself, without knowing what she'd done or how she'd done it. So she won't be able to transfigure herself back.

/my other 3 Knuts

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

MorganRay

subject lines are dumb

It is really advanced magic. Perhaps, if it is right for the situation, her mother or father could Transfigure her into an animal and mess up in a desperate attempt at hiding her, which I suppose would be almost the same thing as becoming an Animagus.
    If you're going to have her transfigured, you need to stay away from having her parents do it to her. I think the idea that transfiguring someone into an animal is difficult magic is something you might want to respect. However, children probably don't have control over their magic. Actually, from canon, we know magical children cannot usually control what their magic does. Harry, even when he's thirteen, inflates his aunt. I would say that it's entirely possible that she transfigures herself and then can't undo the magic on her own.