Thread: Marauder Era Help!

Beauty_In_The_Breakdown

Marauder Era Help!

Well, I am starting work on a new story, and in order to keep it as acurate as possible, I need to know what happened with the whomping willow and snape and the marauders and such... except I don't have my HP books here with me at Uni... So can anyone be of service? Or at least to tell me where in the books I can find it so maybe I can go to a library? Thanks

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    It's in Prisoner of Azkaban, mainly, where Remus explainin g to Harry about the trick Sirius played on Snape.

THere's not much info but this is me paraphrasing.

Snape saw Lupin being led to the willow by Madam Pomfrey one evening then Remus says

"Sirius thought it would be - er - amusing, to tell Snape all he had to do was to prod the knot on the tree trunk with a long stick, and he'd be able to get in after me........blah blah.............but your father, who'd heard what Sirius had done, went after Snape and pulled him back, at great risk to his own life.*

He adds that Snape saw Remus transforming but was forbidden by Dumbledore from telling anyone.

There's another part in the same book (can't quite remember where) where Snape reminds DD that Sirius tried to kill him when he was 16- so they must have been in Year 5. This is also backed up by 'The Prince's Tale' (DH) when Lily is arguing with Snape about James saving him. The Whomping Willow incident must have happened before the bit where Snape called her a Mudblood so it was probably only a month or so before the Snape's Worst Memory moment. (June) Sirius' birthday is April.
    The Marauders were able to transform in Year 5 but I'm not sure if they could at the time of the incident (I'd hazard a yes, though).

Hope this helps
    Carole (who has all her books stacked on the table next to her laptop

xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Beauty_In_The_Breakdown
    Thanks so much, it does help. I think I am going to find the books somewhere So that I can have exacts... and the fifth year bit may have to be thrown off because all of what you mentioned is going to have to take place in seventh year in my story, but I feel like it's something that readers can wink at.

Thanks again.