Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ask Sarah

rita_skeeter
    What is your favorite smiley?

On here? This one:

Which genre do you enjoy modding the most?

General. Gen is my beloved.

Do you write more original fiction or fan fiction?

At the moment? Orginal. In general? Fan.

Which real life authors inspire you?

Lian Hearn and of course JK.

1.) If you somehow in your spare time between RL and the wonderful MNFF Beta Boards found time to write some long saga like Star Wars or LoTR, and then sent it to a publisher, and it was as big of a success as the afore mentionted Star Wars and LoTR, how would you react?

I would be absolutely over the moon!

2.) Cheese. Yum. Mature cheddar, please.

3.) Macaroni. Even yummier.

4.) What is your greatest pet peeve in fanfiction of all time?

Dialogue errors. And lack of paragraphing. *stabs*

5.) Do you enjoy modding immensly, or do you prefer RL?

I love modding with all my heart and soul, but in the end, RL is better.

Have you ever considered a life of crime?

>>
    <<
    No...

Who is your role model (cannot be Jo!!!) and why?

Hmm, I have two, other than Jo. The first is Sir Ian McKellen, because I love drama and he's such a fantastic actor. And he stands up for his beliefs, which I very much agree with. The second is Nelson Mandela, because I am quiet political-minded, and he campaigned so hard for political rights, not even giving up when he was sent to prison.

Why does modding appeal to you?

I guess...it's just so great to know I'm part of something I love so much [MNFF] and also that I'm helping authors improve in some small way. Plus, my co-mods are such lovely people.

What do you want to be when you grow up? (or, if you are grown up, why are you what you are)

Nope, not grown up yet! I'm really hoping to become a politician.

How do you have time to mod and write?

I don't, really...I barely write anymore. *guilt*

What is your guilty pleasure?

Tomatoes.

>>
    <<

Really? Oh, then the Pokemon theme tune...

If you could ask Brandon one thing, what would it be?

Will you marry me? Duh.

Would you rather meet Brandon and have him fall in love with you, and you two be happy for ever and ever, and never get to read Deathly Hallows, or read DH and never speak to Brandon?

*giggles* I'd meet Brandon, have him fall in love with me and we'd be happy for ever and ever. But because he's such a sweetheart and he loves me so much, Brandon would strive to help me obtain a copy off DH in any way he could.

Anyway, I'd have to meet Brandon and have him fall in love with me in just over 3 months from now. I mean, give the guy a chance.

What's the first Killers song you heard?

I believe it was Mr Brightside.

Is your French improving?

It so is! At least, I think it is...

Are you easily distracted by shiny things? *so isn't* >.> <.<

*so totally isn't either*
    >>
    <<

If you could say one thing [with your superior knowledge] that would get me even more excited for the Killers concert than I already am, what would that be?

Ooh! I'd say that it's so utterly SQUEEWORTHY when he talks to you, as in the crowd. 'Cause he does that. Eee!

Did you hear the original Romeo & Juliet (i.e. the Dire Straits version) first, or The Killers' cover of it first? How would you compare the two versions? Which is better, in your opinion?

I heard the Killers version first. And I mean, when you hear that one first, Dire Straits really just doesn't measure up. You have to pity them really - they're up against the Killers after all.

What convinced you to apply to become a mod? Were you poked by anyone in particular?

I had wanted to be a mod for so long. No-one poked me, but I thought I'd give it a shot and so I applied!

You seem to like many of the artists that I myself am very fond of. Do you like any of the newer indie bands, at all? For example, The Feeling, The Fray, Klaxons? If not, why not?

I love The Feeling and The Fray. Klaxons - not so much. Not quite sure why; I've just never been too taken with them.

Do you write much original fiction? Do you have any future plans to write extensively?

I write a little original fiction, but not much. I'd really love to publish at least one novel in my life...

Do you play any instruments?

Yep! I play the flute.

Wow...all these questions...must go lie down in a darkened room. But keep them coming, lol!

LoneFenix
    Hello Sarah.

1. I've been having troubles with writing. Mostly I think my stories are going to end up becoming some big thing but when I realize they won't be it disheartens me. Have any advice to help me get over and get back to writing?

2. How does it feel to be a mod after wanting to be one for so long?

3. Do you think The Killers should hire you as a flute player?

Second Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls
    Hello, Sarah (and, I've just realized, fellow Aquarius! )

Anyway: how long does it usually take for you to judge the drabble contests in the Reference Desk? Do you post the results somewhere else? Was I even allowed to compete if I hadn't participated in the challenge?

I sent you a PM about a week ago, but you never replied It's weird, whenever I PM mods, they usually don't respond

rita_skeeter
    1. I've been having troubles with writing. Mostly I think my stories are going to end up becoming some big thing but when I realize they won't be it disheartens me. Have any advice to help me get over and get back to writing?

What you need to realise is that writing must first and foremost be for yourself. If you're just writing to please others and don't take any personal enjoyment in it, you'll never be satisfied. Secondly, don't be disheartened! It's always hard at first, but keep persevering and you'll find you're where you want to be some day.

2. How does it feel to be a mod after wanting to be one for so long?

It's fantastic. Seriously, I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

3. Do you think The Killers should hire you as a flute player?

LOL! I certainly would NEVER object if they offered it to me!

How long does it usually take for you to judge the drabble contests in the Reference Desk? Do you post the results somewhere else? Was I even allowed to compete if I hadn't participated in the challenge?

It's usually takes me 1-2 weeks. I'm fairly busy, and recently it's taking longer to find time. The results are posted in the challenge thread. Yes, it's still acceptable to post a drabble and not participate in the discussion, although it's often advisable and fun to join in, if you can!

I sent you a PM about a week ago, but you never replied. It's weird, whenever I PM mods, they usually don't respond.

Yes, I'm sorry about that. I would imagine the moderator's don't tend to respond because they simply don't have time - it's not a personal vendetta. We just have a lot on our plates.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Because I have no life what-so-ever, and Sarah is teh awesome, I've decided to poke her once more.

We just have a lot on our plates.
    *clearly has an overflowing plate*

>.>

<.<

*COUGH*

It's fantastic. Seriously, I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

You know what I'm thinking about right now. *eyes Sarah* Would you trade it for, uhm, *wishes the forums permitted naughty things to be said* >.> <.<

Damn. Most of my questions are too naughty to be said. *thinks of more*

Will you join me and Kate in our quest to create online duct teyp [yes, teyp] to tie everyone to the MAN forever and ever?

Are you proud of me for corrupting Suya into buying both Killers albums?

What would be your ideal...idea on how Brandon should propose to you? [Or, uhm, us. >.>]

Have you ever thrown a cracker at anyone? Were they all WTF?

XD

*loves*

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

Second Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls
    Yes, I'm sorry about that. I would imagine the moderator's don't tend to respond because they simply don't have time - it's not a personal vendetta. We just have a lot on our plates.
    No, no I didn't think that at all. I thought maybe for some weird reason my PM's wern't reaching you or something.

And now for some proper random questions that you can answer at your liesure:

Would you rather count every hair on your head or every breath you take?
    Would you rather bust a dance move every ten seconds or stretch/crack your neck every two minutes?
    Would you rather wear a winter coat in the summer or a tube top in the winter?
    Would you rather be forty pounds overweight or have a terrible acne?
    Would you rather bite your nails or bite and tear the skin off your lip?
    Would you rather be blind or deaf?
    Would you rather have great artistic talent or a beautiful singing voice?
    Would you rather have terrible dandruff or horrible body odor?

As you can tell, I'm a fan of Massie's games...if anyone has read Lisi Harrison's Clique Series, they will know what I am talking about.

rita_skeeter
    Will you join me and Kate in our quest to create online duct teyp [yes, teyp] to tie everyone to the MAN forever and ever?

Of course! We should so call it Genius Tape.

Are you proud of me for corrupting Suya into buying both Killers albums?

YAY! I'm very very proud. Whee!

What would be your ideal...idea on how Brandon should propose to you?

Something spontaneous, maybe, and untraditional. I wouls also like to have no idea beforehand.

[Or, uhm, us. >.>]

Yeah - in your dreams.

Have you ever thrown a cracker at anyone? Were they all WTF?

LOL! No...but I expect they will be if I ever do.

Would you rather count every hair on your head or every breath you take?

Every breath I take would be easier to count, I guess...but at least with the hair thing it wouldn't be never-ending. Tough, but let's go for the hair.

Would you rather bust a dance move every ten seconds or stretch/crack your neck every two minutes?

The neck thing. It'd be less of a constant annoyance.

Would you rather wear a winter coat in the summer or a tube top in the winter?

Tube top in the winter, lol!

Would you rather be forty pounds overweight or have a terrible acne?

Terrible acne. I don't think I could be bothered to lose all that weight. >.<

Would you rather bite your nails or bite and tear the skin off your lip?

Biting nails = ew. The latter I do accidentally all the time.

Would you rather be blind or deaf?

Wow...um, I really don't know. I sat here for a full minute considering this and I just can't decide on one.

Would you rather have great artistic talent or a beautiful singing voice?

Artistic as in being able to draw/paint? In that case, I'd prefer the singing voice.

Would you rather have terrible dandruff or horrible body odor?

Dandruff, definitely!

Lobena Bricatta

poke poke poke poke

*Dances happy dance throwing sparkles*

Bother bother bother

[Randomness ] If I ran into your bedroom screaming I'm a sherman tank and threw a carrot at you what would you do?

What is the fist word that comes to mind when I say monkey cheese?

Do you like monkey cheese?

Moo like a cow and jump in a circle on one foot, while taping your head with one hand and fighting with a fake rapier with the other
    ok thats not a question but it would be funny to see *bribes with cookies*

What comes to mind when I say:

Apple
    Gas
    8:30
    Radish
    Oh the greatness
    recent
    Mafalda

[/ Randomness]

*Gives every one cupcakes and finishes happy dance*

*skips out*

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Hi!!

- If you would be an animagi, what animal would you be?
    - Do you sing?
    - Do you draw?
    - Any book that you like other than the Harry Potter and Star Wars series?
    - Choose between the two (looks): Daniel Radcliffe or Robert Pattison?
    Harry Potter or Cedric Diggory?

Well, thats that for now I guess.
    - Write - Beta - Drabble - Duel - Help -

Awesome avvie by Minna/minnabird.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Sarah!

Who's Brandon?

Which is WORSE:
    Having your hand nailed to the wall for an hour or having your hand superglued to the wall for a week? (remember, you still have to have the pain of pulling your hands from the wall either way)

Sorry for the lame questions...

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives