Thread: 18th Birthday Ideas

padfootsgirl1981

18th Birthday Ideas

Hi, there! I'm in desperate need of some ideas, so here I am making my plea known.

I wonder if anybody out there has got any ideas for some things that the Marauders would do to celebrate an 18th birthday. It's the birthday of my OC Hayley, who incidentally is Remus' girlfriend, and she wants it to be quiet, but Sirius in particular has other ideas.

I want them to do some nice things, maybe stuff that's a tad embarassing, but I want it to be loud things lol! I'm looking for stuff that could happen during the school day, so if you can think of anything, pop your hand up !

I'd greatly appreciate some help with this!

Thanks in advance!

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs

Quote Originally Posted by padfootsgirl1981
    I want them to do some nice things, maybe stuff that's a tad embarassing, but I want it to be loud things lol! I'm looking for stuff that could happen during the school day, so if you can think of anything, pop your hand up !
    Sirius charms every portrait in Hogwarts into singing 'Happy Birthday' precisely at noon as all the students are coming to lunch. The song echoes through every hall as Haley arrives in the Great Hall.

Half a Wizarding World away... an unwanted child finds magic.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    You could have eighteen random plates in the Great Hall burst into flames. This seems like it would be a very Maurader-worthy stunt!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Lizzy
    I have a few random ideas.

Have eighteen singing... somethings burst into the Hall at lunch.

Have them kidnap Remus, put him in a Muggle speedo, and force him into a giant birthday cake. Then, lift whatever spell is preventing him from moving, and have him jump out in the middle of the Hall. Or get eighteen men to jump out of a giant birthday cake. That's embarassing. Not entirely plausible, but embarassing.

Sing happy birhtday for eighteen minutes straight.

Prank her (or other people) eighteen times.

EDIT: Of course Carole! You'll just have to specify which one's you want :P

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Eighteen Quidditch players (or people on broomsticks) to divebomb her with roses (or a magical type flower).

Valentines day type gnomes with spray painted gold wings to serenade her- especially if they have gruff voices and can't sing.

I'm trying to think of things they could do in her lessons but they probably aren't all taking the same NEWT level classes.

Charmed birds to fly around her head- bit like Hermione's ones but hey wouldn't attack her.

Actually I really like JC Colliers idea of the charmed portraits.

OOOH! How about all the suits of armour saluting her- that would be clanky!

Or get eighteen men to jump out of a giant birthday cake. That's embarassing. Not entirely plausible, but embarassing
    Lizzy- Can I have this for my next birthday?

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Sirius makes bouquets......each containing 18 roses, to appear out of the paintings....after every 18 steps she takes.

CakeorDeath
    Surely seventeen would be the big birthday in the wizarding world?

What about her getting a howler which sings happy birthday?

*racks brains* Sorry, can't think of anything good.

wildchild
    Quote Originally Posted by padfootsgirl1981
    Hi, there! I'm in desperate need of some ideas, so here I am making my plea known.

I wonder if anybody out there has got any ideas for some things that the Marauders would do to celebrate an 18th birthday. It's the birthday of my OC Hayley, who incidentally is Remus' girlfriend, and she wants it to be quiet, but Sirius in particular has other ideas.

I'd greatly appreciate some help with this!

Thanks in advance!
    Yay! I love this fic! (Hayley and Remus are finally together?!)Hmmn, I love this idea by the way. I agree with the howler or something, thats good. Maybe a big banner in the Great Hall, or HJG's idea, or decorating all the classrooms, or....I'm very boring tonight...
    I'll edit back with something if I can!