Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gryffindor Storms the Pitch

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    It seemed Gibson’s “poorly aimed” Quaffle was only the beginning – after that, there was more for Belle to deal with. As the game progressed, the Arrows moved ahead by three more goals, and the insults became more frequent.

By the time the Arrows were winning 60 to zero, it became an all-out assault on Belle.

“Get off the field, filth!” Kevin Broadmoor yelled, sending a Bludger zinging her way.

Belle ducked, but the distraction gave Cooney time to send the Quaffle threw a hoop.

“And the Falcons are on the board!” the announcer shouted.

Cheers boomed throughout the stadium.
    The score is now 60 - 10, with the Arrows in the lead! Don't forget what the score needs to be when the Snitch is caught!

Keep it up, everyone! Go Gryffs!

<33

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

MissyQuill
    Belle cussed under her breath. The failed save was going to be another reason to hate her. The first being the fact that she was born the way she was. She almost gave up right then but two things happened to strengthen her resolve.

Diedra flew by and smiled encouragingly at her. Her expression clearly said ‘Hold on, Belle. They’re trying to break your spirit’. And the second was a commotion on the other side of the Pitch between the referee and the Falcon Beaters.

‘That Bludger was uncalled for. The Quaffle was nowhere near Arabella Wilkins’ argued the referee.
    The next person, please continue the argument.

GOOOO TEAM!!!=Sammy

vampitude
    'The Bludger was a distraction so Cooney could score! How could anyone not see that?" Broadmoor shouted back. The referee just shook his head and made the signal for a penalty shot.

Broadmoor scowled, flying back to his teammates. However, he couldn't help but get one last word in.

"Filthy squib-lover," he remarked, earning a few grins from the Falcons players.

The referee made that signal yet again. Two penalties.

While nearly everyone in the stadium began to yell insults at the referee, the Falcons Seeker flew down to Broadmoor, murder in his eyes.

Come on, you guys, we don't have much time left!!!

Rose

youaremylifenow
    Belle’s face was set in an expression of horror. She wasn’t it all fazed by the Falcon’s Beater; she’d been hurt much worse by people who meant more. The reason for her concern was Aaron Alexander, the Falcon’s slight and fair Seeker, who seemed to be going after his teammate – to defend her.

‘What the hell is your problem, Broadmoor? Were you born that bloody stupid? Or have you been hit by too many Bludgers? Keep your fat mouth shut. Nobody wants to hear your ignorant insults.’ Alexander screamed, livid.

Broadmoor scowled. ‘What a surprise, the mud-blood defending the Squib.’
    We can stray away from the fight now - sorry.

Fight! Fight! Fight! And WIN! Go Gryffindors!

-Alex

MissyQuill
    Belle saw Alexander lift his arm and for a moment, she had the wild notion that he was about to hit Broadmoor. Certainly, the Beater turned several shades paler then a moment ago. But instead of swinging his arm towards the Beater, Alexander did so in the opposite direction – seeming to lunge at thin air. Confusion crossed Broadmoor’s face but not for long.

A full moment of silence passed and when the murmuring started, Belle already knew it was too late. The Falcons had caught the Snitch.

The Stadium burst into applause. Wild cheering and thumping rang throughout the stands.
    So the score is now 160 to 60 and we can finish the game!

Team Gryffindor is the best!
    We're better then all the rest!
    Our games never slip up!
    Together we will win the cup!
    GOOOO TOASTERS!

vampitude
    All of the Arrows were in pure shock. How could this happen? They were doing so well. Thanks to Belle, who distracted the Falcons from playing well, it was obvious they would triumph.

Jack Thorne, one of the Arrow's Beaters, turned his head slowly to face Belle. An ugly expression had crossed his face.

"Way to go, Squib. You just cost us the game," he snarled over the Falcon's loud cheering. Belle just stared at him, confused over this random outburst.

"This is why dirty bloods shouldn't try to meddle in wizarding matters. You filth disgust me."
    Post, people, post! Only five days left!

Curse you, fifty characters rule!

Rose

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    The whistle to signal the game's end sounded shrilly, and Belle flew to the ground. When she reached the grass, Belle began walking quickly toward the locker room, but was surrounded at once by her teammates. Their insults echoed in her ears, and the crowd’s cheering was thunderous.

“We never would have lost the game if Stanley had been playing,” Naomi Thorne hissed.

Diedra stepped forward and glared at Naomi. “Leave Belle alone. You’re all a bunch of idiots. You know if Hastings had been playing Keeper, we wouldn’t have had a chance in hell to win the game.”
    --

Next I thought we should have someone unexpected defend Belle - so she can break her barriers a little more.

Let's go, guys!

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

MissyQuill
    Naomi opened her mouth to retaliate but was cut short by Karl Broadmoor who had walked over to their direction.

“Hey look Kevin, the Arrows do have some sense.”

“Shove off Broadmoor,” said Diedra hotly.

“Yeah Broadmoor, why don’t you give that fat mouth of yours a break?” The Falcon Seeker had also joined the fray. Turning to Belle, he continued. “I think you played brilliantly Ms. Wilkins.”

“And I must say I agree,” A new voice chimed in. The referee had also come to see the cause of the commotion. Belle blushed a deep pink at all the compliments.
    And James is here to hunt Bella... I mean, ask her out on a date.

GO GRYFFIES!!!

vampitude
    Broadmoor just glared scornfully at the lot of them, lip curling in disgust.

"Well, I see even Quidditch has been tainted by dirty blood," he snarled, eyes full of fury. "Mark my words, Squib; this will not happen again. You will sure as hell be the last piece of waste to sully our pure Quidditch pitch." With that, he spun around and went on his way, head held high in the air.

Belle felt tears of anger begin to build in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall, knowing that would only make her seem weak. It just wasn't fair.
    Darn word count left me in the middle of my train of thought.

C'mon guys, post like you've never posted before!

Rose

youaremylifenow
    James Figg’s pleasant voice pulled her from her thoughts. “I thought you did brilliantly, Ms. Wilkins. It takes a lot of courage to be a Quidditch Keeper. I admire you for putting yourself on the line. It must not have been easy, but you’ve proven today that Squibs are just as good, if not better at Quidditch than a pure-blood or half-blood.”

Arabella couldn’t help her smile. For some reason, the sad air about her seemed to start to evaporate. She was still a little gloomy, but the handsome refree’s praise lessened the intensity of her dark mood.

“Thank you.”

I'm sorry guys, I've been such a slacker. I promise I'll be better now. I had lots and lots of studying to do. Who knew Latin had so many rules? Like you have to change the object of a sentence or it becomes the subject. And that the verbs....sorry, I'm getting spam-y.

Let's go Lions!

-Alex