Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Slytherin Joins the Mellee on the Pitch

Sixth Year Slytherin
    De-gnoming the Garden

“How did it go?” yelled Angelica as Gwen made her decent. “Were they cute like in the posters? Did you talk to the captain?”

Gwen waved her hand to cease her chatter. Then she explained what happened. They sat on the stoop looking severely disappointed.

“I can’t believe it!” said Angelica

“You and me both. It’s like they went out of their way to humiliate me just because I’m a woman.”

“Well two can play at this game.” She whispered a plan in Gwen’s ear.

“Brilliant! It’s devious enough to work.”

“Right! And they’ll never see it coming,” Angelica grinned.
    100!!!

50505050505050505050505050505050505050505050505050 5005050505050500
    M.R.S.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Darren sighed. They had been running tryouts all day but they still hadn’t found a Seeker. It was late and he was beginning to think they should give up when he saw a figure climbing up the hill. As he approached, Darren noticed that he was the perfect build for the Seeker and wondered if this might be the player he was looking for.

The young man marched over to where Darren was standing and gave him a rather hard stare. A little taken aback, Darren cleared his throat and said, “Name?”

“Greg; I’m here to tryout for Seeker.”
    99 words. I couldn't get very far into the plan I suggested in the planning thread so someone else will have to carry on.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

leahsm2
    Darren was impressed. Normally, prospective players were star struck in his presence, but not this one. He looked at Darren coldly, his arms folded nonchalantly as he waited for a response.

“Oh, okay, then Greg,” Darren said coming back to his senses. “Ready when you are.”

Greg kicked off the ground, hovering expectantly while Darren released the Snitch. The other players had come back to the pitch to watch the new hopeful. They were ready to sneer as usual, but none of them were expecting what came next. The Snitch hovered momentarily within Greg’s reach, before making a sharp dive.

Love your TTB Brawl Banner Hannah! Win Slytherin! 100 words

Mollie Black
    Greg immediately took off after the Snitch, following it at top speed as it made frantic circles, trying to avoid his grasp.

The Snitch momentarily plunged out of sight before he spotted it hovering near the ground. Determined, he put all of his power into urging his broom forward towards the small, golden ball.

He inched forward on his broom and stretched his arm toward the ball hovering just out of reach, that was suddenly clutched tightly in his hand. He slowed down and focused on not showing his excitement as he returned to the team that was clearly impressed.
    100 words on the nose. I'm getting super excited!!!

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    There was a pause after he landed and for a moment the silence was deafening. Then suddenly Darren stepped forward, a big grin on his face.

“Welcome to the team, mate. You may have just saved us.”

The pair shook hands and after agreeing to turn up the next day to sign his contract, Greg turned and Disapparated.

Arriving back at home he looked at his flatmate and grinned.

“I’m guessing everything went well then.”

“Oh yes,” said Greg as he waved his wand over his body, revealing his, or rather her, true form. “Everything went very well indeed.”
    I hope this is OK!

I love the banner too, Leah! *hisss*

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

leahsm2
    “So, spill it!” Angelica exclaimed. “What happened?’

“I was superb!” Gwen grinned, “and I am now a proud member of . . .”

She reached into her backpack and brought forth her robes, and her gloves and her contract, duly signed and official.

“The Kenmare Kestrals!” The girls shouted in unison.

The weeks seemingly soared by as each morning Gwen awoke before the sun and transformed into Greg, and every night she climbed into bed, Gwen again. At first her muscles had groaned daily at the grueling practise schedule, but not anymore. Now Greg/Gwen was a sleek Quidditch machine.
    99 words. I took what I had and combined it with our new idea, which I hope is ok!
    See you guys as soon as possible! (I hope )

Sixth Year Slytherin
    De-gnoming the Garden

After another grueling practice, the guys hung out in their locker room laughing over the latest Quiditch report.

“See,” pointed one, “the Herpies lost another. Looks like they’re in desperate need of a seeker.”

“Probably a new captain,” boasted another.

“If they can get their knickers out of their bottoms, they could play a better game!” The testosterone filled uproar echoed throughout, sickening Gwen’s stomach. But she played along, smiling as they heckled.

“Enough of the chatter.” Gwen’s heart began to palpitate at the sound of her captain, but she quickly remembered who she was when he looked her way.
    OK.......100 words. Sweated over this one.

M.R.S.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    “Greg, I’d like a word with you.”

Gwen straightened up, her heart suddenly racing. Had he somehow found out who she really was? Were all her efforts going to be ruined just weeks before she would finally get to prove herself in a professional match?

She desperately tried to keep calm as she followed him from the room. After all, there was no reason to think he could have suspected her.

“I want to talk to you about your progress,” he said once they were alone. She immediately calmed down.

“Sure, is there a problem?”

“Actually I’ve been very impressed.”
    100 words. Maybe someone could continue the conversation, start dropping the first hints of ???

leahsm2
    “Oh, well, thanks!” Gwen grinned broadly, as she felt herself beginning to blush, hoping fervently male Quidditch players blushed. “Coming from you that is quite the complement.”

“Yeah, but I thought maybe you could use some private lessons to really bring your game up to speed,” Darren whispered, putting his arm lightly across Gwen’s shoulder. “I thought we could arrange a little closed practice time, like maybe tommorrow?”

Gwen looked up at Darren, feeling his fingers tightening on her shoulder. He smiled back at her, and she knew it wasn’t just the smile of one Quidditch player to another.
    Words: 99. Too Much, Too Little? Let me know on the practise thread! I'm back!!

Sixth Year Slytherin
    De-gnoming the Garden

Every feminine instinct in her body screamed out to her, but then she quickly remembered that this was neither the time nor place to act on her instincts. If she looses control, then the charm would give way and reveal her true identity.

"So?" Darren asked.

" Sure. Anything to win." Her tone was firm as she recovered her masculinity.

The locker filled with more ruckus laughter as the men continued to poke at the Harpies. Darren shrugged off the rudeness as he looked at them.

"Does it annoy you?" she asked him.

"Not really. I've never been into such things."
    100 words

Hoping this lays out some hints without being too obvious.

50505050505050505050505050550505050050505050505050 5050
    M.R.S.