Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turnips Take Over the Pitch!

Azhure
    “Of course not,” stated Ian with as much confidence as he could. But Sorina wasn’t fooled. She gave his hand a quick squeeze before following the rest of the team.

Suddenly, a loud voice spoke out in German, the Scottish team all heard their names called out by the booming voice of the commentator. Taunts and boos followed their introduction, and the team cringed at the foul-mouthed spectators. All except Jocunda. She held her head high and strode towards the middle of the Pitch. Then the rest of the team watched in awe as she faced the Transylvanian team defiantly.
    It's fine, Ana. You did great!

RAH-RAH RAVENCLAW!!

~~Azhure~~

BleedINink
    98 words.

The walk across the frozen pitch seemed to take an eternity; the jeering and screaming iintensified with every step. Finally they stood face to face with the Targoviste Dragons, a smirk covering each face.

“I don’t supposed one of them just told a terribly funny joke, d’you?” Mathilda said between her teeth, hoping to break the tension.
    The entire team relaxed for just a moment before hearing "A bunch of Mudbloods, blood-traitors, and filth!" Krum continued ,"Is there a single decent vizard among you?"

The Prides gasped collectively; Mathilda and Peter blanched at the words, their eyes blazing.
    Those nasty Dragons!
    spamyspamspam

katrin4p
    “Now, listen here,” Ian said, his voice colder than they had ever heard him get before, “you will respect our team. Blood doesn’t really matter in Quidditch.”

“Again, I say, we will see,” Ionescu said. “Our team is entirely made up of Purebloods – yours is not. When we win, you’ll finally see that pure blood is unbeatable.”

“You will be proven wrong,” Mathilda said, finally speaking up. “I’m a Muggle-born – I’m not afraid to admit it either. I bet I’m better than your Chasers.”

Lucian Moldovan gave her a long, hard look. Who did she think she was?
    98 words.

Okay, since I put Ionescu talking English normally in my last post, I decided I wouldn't stray from it so I did it again. He's fluent. No big deal, right?

--Ana

Azhure
    “That’s enough,” said a loud voice from a few meters away. “Save it for the Quidditch match.” The two teams turned and saw that it was the referee who had spoken. He was a small man, but had a determined look in his eyes. “Now, captains, shake hands,” he continued.

Jocunda and Krum stepped forward, Jocunda holding out her hand. Krum looked down at it with disgust and suddenly spat on it.

“Blood-traitor,” he growled. Jocunda stared him down, unblinking, and turned back to her team, Krum’s saliva shining on her hand. She did not even bother wiping it off.
    /100

We're almost ready to start the match! Yay!

~~Azhure~~

Squib Kitten
    100 words exactly! It's flashback time.

Krum was momentarily discomfited at her oblivious act, but soon his confident smirk returned. He mulled over what he had done last night, after his team was asleep in their fine eiderdown quilts.

He sat next to the man at the bar his source said would be refereeing the match, and spoke in German. “Let me buy you a drink, Herr. Going to the match?”

The man swallowed his whiskey and replied, also in German, “Actually, I will be officiating, although that’s secret.”

“I won’t tell,” Krum slid several gold coins toward the man, “If my Dragons do not foul.”
    Elaina

BleedINink
    100 words.

Krum now looked over at the referee and have him a small nod. When the man returned the gesture his face broke into a wide grin. There was no way his team could lose now.

He mounted his broom and the entire team lifted into the air in unison, each positioning themselves across from the Prides of Portree, awaiting the release of the balls and the beginning of the game.

Time slowed for the Prides, breath solidifying when it hit air, hearts pounding in fear an elation, sweat forming on brows.

They were about to be eaten alive, without mercy.
    And now the match begins! Rah-Rah Ravenclaw!

Azhure
    Take two...

Aleksander Ivanov watched the Scottish captain hurtle towards her team’s offensive line, Beater’s bat in hand. Ivanov gripped his own bat and decided to follow her. He had to admit that the blood-traitor captain was a good flyer, but, nonetheless, she was a blood-traitor. And she needed to pay.

The other players zoomed around him, but his eyes were only set on the blood-traitor.

“Ivanov!” yelled the angry voice of Emilian Ionescu, Chaser for the Dragons. “Keep your eye on the game! Ve can deal vith the blood-traitor after ve embarrass them in front of a whole stadium of spectators!”
    /100

Okay, definitely not my best. But it's been a long day...

~~Azhure~~

katrin4p
    Ivanov gave a short grunt of acknowledgment, but didn’t really say anything else. It wasn’t as though he was feeling insecure about the outcome of the match – the results were pretty much obvious – but blood-traitors with so much confidence and without really caring about what other thought of them annoyed him.

He looked down and saw the referee heading towards a big box in the middle of the field. The balls were going to be released. Good.

He tried to focus on the match, but to no avail.

“Focus, Ivanov,” Emilian Ionescu growled. “You’ve been more distracted than anyone else.”
    100 words.

Oh my god, I just keep writing worse and worse xD If I was the only one in the team (it wouldn't called team that way) then this would never go anywhere. Grrr.

*needs someone to start the action*

--Ana

BleedINink
    100 words.

The referee blew his whistle and three balls flew into the air. Ionescu caught the Quaffle thrown almost at him, and headed towards the goal posts.

Ivanov swung his left arm forward sending a Bludger through the air straight at that little blood-traitor captain. His stomached clenched in elation when it made contact with the tail end of her broom causing her to spin toward the earth.

His delight was cut short when Jocunda rose in front of him, the match swirling around them she said in a low voice, “Do it again, and see what happens, you snake!”
    We're at 1800 words, Claws! Thank the insomiac gods!

Azhure
    Ivanov started when he heard the captain’s voice, but he quickly recovered himself.

“No,” he said, “you are the one that needs to watch out. Besides, I didn’t go against the rules.” He grinned at her before speeding off towards after the Bludger he had just hit.

Jocunda watching him in frustration. She hated to admit it, but Ivanov hadn’t gone against the rules. Taking a deep breath, she got a hold of herself – losing her cool this early would be a disaster. And without another thought, she zoomed to the other end of the Pitch, towards the second Bludger.
    /100

Okay, Jocunda was a bit OOC in your post, Nyk. But I'm a perfectionist with characterisation. I hope I covered it up, though.

~~Azhure~~