Thread: College?

Hybrid View

luna

College?

I was wondering, do Wizards/Witches got to some sort of college after Hogwarts?
    I'm writing a post-Hogwarts fic, and I was just wondering.
    Also, what exactly happened tot he Malfoys after Voldy was killed? I know Draco definitely didn't go to jail, but what did he do then?
    Any ideas?

LuLu.

MC Kair
    Hey Luna!

I don't think that wizards have college because even to be an Auror you just need certain NEWTs. I think that Hogwarts is the highest wizarding education you can get as they all take classes to get jobs.

None of the Malfoys went to jail as Harry testified on their behaf. I don't think there is any canon evidence of what Malfoy became afterwards but we do know that he married and had a child. I think that Malfoy's job would give anyone a free rien.

Hope that helped.

-Maria

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    We do know that some jobs require training after Hogwarts (e.g. an Auror), but there is no Wizarding college.

I would go with on the job training.

witch6
    I would like to point out that this might be the case only in England though. Education systems differ in countries even in the muggle world, so if you want to send someone to college, you can possibly send them to other countries. Also, if some witch or wizard wants to study certain subjects in even more detail, they could possibly act as assistants for more learned wizards. Hogwarts teachers for example. I personally think the teachers at Hogwarts must have studied more than for just the NEWTs to be able to teach advanced magic, so may be there are few wizards and witches who have opened institutes for further studies.

James Jameson
    I agree with witch6. I think that Hogwarts and Wizarding Britain are a bit old-fashioned, so they might not have all the education. In the United States, however, I think that the chance of a University or College for Wizards is much more likely. Perhaps Draco (or whomever you're using) could travel to Canada or the States??

Tine

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    I think wizards do their NEWTs and then leave Hogwarts. Then they probably do training at the job they want to do. Like an apprenticeship, probably. For example, Tonks says in OTP, that she did training for 3 years before becoming a qualified auror. It says on HPwikia that she trained under Mad-Eye.

When Remus Lupin became a teacher, there was never any suggestion that he had done training for it. Tom Riddle also applied to Dumbledore to teach, and I'm fairly sure he did no training.

Reading that back, what I've written seems kind of long-winded, but I hope it helps.

I think the Malfoy's would've been ok after the war, as Narcissa saved Harry (I think so, anyway), and so Harry would owe them.