Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alice Longbottom

MerryD

Alice Longbottom

Okay, I didn't see a thread for her already, so I decided to start a one.

Does anyone know what her maiden name is?

That's all I want to know...

-Mere

cmwinters
    No, officially, we do not. However, Neville was a pureblood, and there really aren't that many purebloods to choose from, so you'd probably want to keep it with one of the pureblood families we'd heard of, unless you want to make it a family for whom she was an only child, and the last one to bear the name.

Hypatia
    While any pure-blood family will fit with canon, I always liked the idea of Alice's maiden name being Prince, making Neville a relation of Severus's. I liked the idea that it would add to why Snape was so cruel to Neville; both their mothers were pure-blood Princes but Neville was accorded the status that Snape always wanted.

I'm not sure if that will help you with your story in any way, but I'd advise choosing a family name for Alice while keeping in mind who will become related to who else as a result.

Great beirniny
    I like Hypatia's theory it sounds like fun and it would give your story a great sub-plot to work with.

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it
    I was wondering...
    Since Neville was a... candidate (for lack of a better word) for the prophecy, how did his parents thrice defy Voldemort? Is there any canon evidence?

cmwinters
    I don't think there is any canon evidence, but Neville's a pureblood who has absolutely no blood prejudice, so I think one of those things would involve shunning the Dark Lord's politics.

Alice and Frank were also both Aurors, and as such reasonably likely to have been involved with catching and/or persecuting his Death Eaters, which is not likely to endear them to him.

Perhaps the third was joining the Order?

Benu_Horus_2006
    I saw that one of the Longbottoms were married into the Blacks... (it was on the Black Family Tree, on the Lexicon & on Wikipedia )..

Assuming, Black Family members and Pure-bloods, have a habit of re-using names, i thing it would be a good trick to use one of the already 'used' names.

Some of the names you could use :
    Isla
    Elladora
    Violetta
    Belvina
    Hesper

*P.S. : The names 'featured' above, make an appearance on the Black Family Tree.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Was Alice definately an Auror? i thought Frank was the Auror and they tortured her too because he wouldn't give information. Please help as am about to screw up my story with incorrect info!
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Azhure
    They were both Aurors. In the books they are talked about as 'Aurors' so it's a plural. I also just checked the HP Lexicon, and it agrees with me. They were both also part of the Order of the Phoenix.

~~Azhure~~

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Okay thanks *sigh* Bang goes my Alice-as-a-future-healer story. Do we know what house she was definately in?
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird