Thread: "I didn't get a Rejection Letter"

Hybrid View

GringottsVault711

Question

Our emailing system is running with little or no bugs. We always send a rejection letter (unless you submit more than two stories in the same category). If you do not receive rejection letters, acceptance letters, or other MNFF notifications, I highly suggest that you search for an email host that will NOT filter our letters. Hosts that usually allow our letters through are: Yahoo!, Gmail, and Mugglenet.

If your submission has recently been deleted from the queue, and you have not received a letter:

1) See if you can find the problem yourself, fix it, and resubmit.

Did you submit to multiple categories? efiction's software allows you to submit to more than one category, but MNFF requests that you only submit to one. Any submission cross-categorised will be instantly rejected.

Was your story formatted correctly? Make sure you have clean line breaks between every paragraph. Single returns result in chunks of text that are difficult to read.

Is your story free of technical mistakes, including grammatical, spelling, capitalisation, punctuation, and dialogue errors? Double-check, it doesn't hurt anyone to use a BETA. They'll only improve your work.

Also, look over the rest of MNFF's submission rules. We have a few 'bottom line' rules that you need to make sure you avoid.

2) If the above checks out and you don't know what's wrong, or if you resubmit and your story is deleted again, post here and we will see if we can find out who modded your story and why it was rejected, or if not, we will keep a closer eye on it when it is resubmitted.

Use the following form:

MNFF Penname:
    Story Title:
    Chapter Title:
    Category:

3) Place an Author's Note at the top of your chapter (IN THE TEXT OF YOUR CHAPTER - notes in the AN bubble are not always seen by mods in the queue) stating politely that you did not recieve your last two rejection letters.

______

MODS: Please delete posts when you have dealt with the fics.

USERS: Posts more than a month old will be deleted as no moderator is likely to remember a rejection beyond a few days.

VV:

A general announcement -- I usually send a rejection letter when I delete something submitted to multiple categories, but I'm not sure every mod does, and I'm as likely to have a letter redirected by a Death Eater as the next mod. Multiple-category submission is an AUTO-REJECT listed in the submissions guidelines. If your story was submitted to, say, Humor and James/Lily, it's not going to be validated. Pick the one that is the best fit!

In the Romance categories, that means you should go through the dropdown menus so that the category that applies (e.g. Harry/Ginny) is the only thing that shows in the selection box. It will automatically subset into Romance. Likewise, a General/Marauder-Era only needs to be a Marauder-Era.

Also, if you are posting in this thread, check the "Reasons for Rejection" thread in the General Fanfiction Discussion forum afterward. It may give you some hints about what was in that missing letter.

Another VV edit: if you've submitted two stories to the same category, we probably deleted them both unread. DO read the rules!

2. 01-19-2014, 03:11 AM
    Reason
    taken care of

3. 01-19-2014, 07:01 AM
    Reason
    taken care of

4. 02-02-2014, 05:25 PM
    Reason
    taken care of

5. 02-02-2014, 06:01 PM
    Reason
    taken care of

First Year Gryffindor
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

U.S., Central timezone, In the fridgid cold.
    It is happening again! This story chapter has now been rejected at least twice with no notice of any kind. The most recent submission was after finding a new Beta reader, who is probably the most knowledgeable Beta I have ever had, so I am thinking it is probably some particular site concept that is being offended. Please let me know.

MNFF Penname: Jeograph
    Story Title: Do Over
    Chapter Title: Chapter 2 - May 2, 1998, Again.
    Category: Alternate Universe

Just as a note. The last chapter of my other story Harry Potter and the Heart of the Hero appears to have been accepted finally, after several tries. but not notice was made of its acceptance either. It just showed up. Why am I not receiving any sort of site e-mails. I usually get them when someone leaves a review still? So, I am at a loss to understand why I don't any administrative e-mails? Please do your best to find and provide answers. Thank you.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Jeograph -

I've sent you an email. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

Lily
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

First Year Gryffindor
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

U.S., Central timezone, In the fridgid cold.
    No, nothing. I carefully checked my junk mail and deleted folders (as well as my in-box, of course) and there is no e-mail from you, or anything resembling MuggleNet.