Thread: Hugo Weasley

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Hugo Weasley

I have some ponderings about Hugo that I want some opinions on:

It has been speculated that his sister, Rose, has a good chance of making Ravenclaw? Is Hugo a sure shot for Gryffindor, or can you see him in any other house? If so, which?

Do you think he is the Weasley who lives and loves for Quidditch, or would he be more bookish, like his sister?

How do you believe he gets along with his sister? How do you believe he parents treat him, seeing as his is the youngest and their only son?

What could be some possible traits for Hugo personality wise? What reletive of the Wealsey family do you believe he takes after: Book-smart Bill, Dare-Devil Charlie, or Catch-up Ron?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

ms. leading
    It has been speculated that his sister, Rose, has a good chance of making Ravenclaw? Is Hugo a sure shot for Gryffindor, or can you see him in any other house? If so, which?
    Definitely Gryffindor, I see both he and Rose in that house, along with their other cousins. His entire family has been in Gryffindor, and yes, I understand that there are always exceptions in families, but why would Hugo be one? It really depends on how you characterise him, but for me, he'd have to be in Gryffindor.

Do you think he is the Weasley who lives and loves for Quidditch, or would he be more bookish, like his sister?
    There's really no evidence to suggest his sister would be bookish in the first place... but I think theres a good chance Hugo would be into Quidditch, considering he's got a strong family background in it. There'd be some sort of pressure coming from within his family to at least try it.

How do you believe he gets along with his sister? How do you believe he parents treat him, seeing as his is the youngest and their only son?
    As well as any two siblings get along, really. Of course there would be fights, but I'm sure he and Rose would care a lot for each other and Rose would look out for her younger brother.

What could be some possible traits for Hugo personality wise? What reletive of the Wealsey family do you believe he takes after: Book-smart Bill, Dare-Devil Charlie, or Catch-up Ron?
    He doesn't necessarily have to take after anyone, considering he belongs to such a huge family and there would be influences coming in left right and center. I see Hugo as fairly bright, like his mum, because it's impossible to be an idiot when you have intelligent parents. He'd also be extremely loyal towards his family and friends. I doubt he'd be a dare-devil, for some reason. I guess I imagine Hermione being fairly protective, and not giving him much of an oportunity to take many risks, etc, therefore he'd be quite reluctant to take after Charlie in terms of hanging around with dragons, haha. But you pretty much have free reign with Hugo, because as I said, he'd have a lot of influences from different personalities which would allow him to form his own unique one.

I've just done an assignment on Erikson's theory on child development, so excuse the rambling.
    ~ Cassie

Inverarity
    Like all the other next-gen kids, he's a blank slate, so it's easy to imagine him having a personality suitable for any house (though with Ron's apparent prejudice -- still! -- against Slytherins, I think he'd beg the Hat not to put him there).

Fanfic always seems to depict Rose as the bookish one who takes after her mother, while Hugo takes after his father, but it could be the other way around -- maybe Hugo will be the clever boy with his nose always in a book, while Rose is the one constantly looking for adventure.

I think he'd be pressured by his father to "make him proud," and his mother to "study hard and get good grades." So Gryffindor and Ravenclaw seem the most obvious candidates, but it all depends on how he develops as in individual. Maybe he'll be a friendly, warm kid who shocks both his parents when he gets sorted into Hufflepuff.

Why assume his sister is the bookish one?

I never got the impression Ron was Quidditch-crazy so much as he was desirous of standing out and being admired, and Quidditch was the way to do it. So Hugo and Rose will have grown up with Quidditch talk (and might be influenced by Ron's reminiscing about his days as a Keeper), but they may or may not be Quidditch-crazy themselves.

He'll get lots of lectures from Hermione on how to respect women, that's for sure!

I think Ron will dote on him, and be more likely to spoil him. Hermione will have higher expectations (much as she loves Ron, I can see her trying to nip in the bud some of Ron's habits if she sees them developing in Hugo). He and Lily will probably get along because their parents will encourage it, but who knows -- the dynamic between siblings is always uncertain.

Depends on who makes the biggest impression with him. His dad will certainly influence him, of course, but I can easily imagine the family going in vacation to visit Charlie, and Hugo deciding that his dragon-wrangling uncle is the coolest person in the world.

With the constant presence of lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins, Hugo might find himself struggling to stand out (especially since he's yet another male Weasley). He might inherit some of Ron's feelings of being the forgotten one, the one overshadowed by his war-hero parents and aunts and uncles, and his more interesting cousins. (Teddy is a metamorph! Victoire is part-Veela! James, Albus, and Lily, well, they're the children of the most famous wizard in the world! And Hugo is... another Weasley. I can see him feeling that way.)

sjam
    I think he'd most likely be in Gryffindor - growing up in a house full of Gryffindors, I expect their influences on his upbringing would probably make his personality lean towards the same Gryffindor traits.

Personally, I see him as being in the middle. I can see him enjoying a good book, but equally I can see him playing quidditch with his relatives.

I think him and his sister would get on like most siblings. Rose would love him to bits but would find him anniying at times and vice versa.

Like what other people said, I think he would have alot of influences to make him into the person he is, so you could probably lean towards whichever you wish. (so say if he idolised George, he would porbably be more likely to prank people etc)

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I know this is kind of an old topic, but I am currently working on a second generation story and think it would really help me develop my version of these characters if I participate in some discussion.

It has been speculated that his sister, Rose, has a good chance of making Ravenclaw. Is Hugo a sure shot for Gryffindor, or can you see him in any other house? If so, which?

I definitely think Hugo will be a Gryffindor, mostly because I have Rose in Ravenclaw and Ron would probably die if neither of his kids were sorted into Gryffindor. That's not the only reason though. I did consider Hufflepuff for awhile because of his "left-over" personality (he's not smart enough for Ravenclaw, not ambitious enough for Slytherin, and not brave enough for Gryffindor), but I ultimately decided that he would beg the Sorting Hat to place him in Gryffindor. Although Rose's placement in Ravenclaw didn't really cause their father to be disappointed, per say, he did push a little bit more for Hugo to be a Gryffindor. He would really want to make his father proud. Also, he is quite noble even if he isn't brave, and very selfless as well which causes some unexpected courage to pop up when the time comes.

Neither, actually. My version of Hugo inherited his father's distaste for school and his mother's discomfort in sports. In my story, Hugo is actually much more of an artist than anything else. While he does play a bit of Quidditch with his family and studies quite a bit for exams, he tries really hard to stay upright on a broom and keeping his grades at E level. These things just don't come naturally to him. He works hard to be average at them, but really has no ambition to become exceptional at them either. He prefers to blend into the crowd with his sketch book.

Rose and Hugo don't really have much in common, so while they care for each other, they don't have the close friendship that some siblings have. Rose will really regret not talking to her brother more and getting to know him better when she's older. They are both quietly protective of each other, for example they watch who they are friends with and if they are upset, but for the most part, they stay out of each other's lives. It's not the happiest of scenarios, but it works for my story. Besides, not all siblings are super close and talk about everything.

Hugo is definitely his own person from his personality to his appearance. I imagine Hugo as inheriting Hermione's bushy brown hair, though on him it sticks up in every direction and is always a mess of curls. He also has her brown eyes and only has a few light freckles across his face. He is tall and lean like his father, though. Even though he does enjoy blending into the crowd, he isn't really an introvert. He does enjoy behing around people and while he isn't overly talkative, he isn't shy or quiet at all. He developed some of Ron's sarcastic humor and enjoys a good laugh as well. He has learned to multitask sketching and keeping up a conversation, so he has no problem keeping up with his friends.