Thread: Dominique Weasley

PadfootnPeeves

Dominique Weasley

I see we have a thread for her sister, but not for her or her brother.

Dominique is a name for either a boy or a girl, if memory serves, but most people seem to think she's female (myself included) Unless she was actually proved to be a girl, of course, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I've got a couple questions about her:

How old do you think she was at the time of the Epilogue?

What would she look like? Would she be more Weasley-ish or look more like her mother?

What do you think she's like, personality-wise?

What house would she be in?

Do you think she'd get along well with her sister? Her brother? Her parents? How about the rest of her family, and the students/teachers at Hogwarts?

That's all for now... I'm interested to see what people think.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    We know almost nothing about Dominique other than she exists and that she is younger than Victoire (and that she is indeed a she. -ique is a suffex to many French girl names). She is for the most part an OC, so I would say you have free reign with her, but I will give you my opinions none-the-less.

She was probably in Hogwarts already, but I believe she would be older than James at least.

What would she look like? Would she be more Weasley-ish or look more like her mother?
    She may have redish blonde hair, as well as a few other veela traits she inherited from her mother, though I doubt to her extent. I also don't see her as quite the manipulator with her looks that her mother was. Being a Weasley would have brought her down to earth somewhat.

Again, she is more or less and OC, so it would be completely up to you.

Probably Gryffindor, given everyone in her family (even Percy) was in there. I have seen a few fics, though, where she takes more after her mother and is sorted into Ravenclaw.

Here are a few fics where Dominique is mentioned. It might do you well to study how these authers view her:
    Albus Potter and the Year of the Badger
    The Arcane ScoRA and the Wand of MacArt

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

alexthecheesepuff
    Agreed - Domi is basically an OC - suit her to fit your purposes, and most anything you do will probably be fine (as long as she's not, like, a drug dealer (though that might make for an intriguing story )).

For example, here is a possible little storyline that was posted on the 'Victoire Weasley' page:

Proud Uncles Charlie, George and Aunt Ginny didn't want Bill's first baby to turn out all snobbish like Mum, so they made it their responsibility to make sure Vicky was a classic trouble making Weasley a la Gred/Forge. Maybe they taught her Quidditch or told her scary stories.

Now, Fleur wouldn't have been happy with her daughter being so influenced by crazy Uncles, so when the next little girl, Domi, is born, she'll shield Domi more so than Victoire. Therefore, from this perspective, Domi is probably going to be more proper and lady-like her mother. But, she is after all, still a Weasley.

This is just a prediction, and one way to go. If you want to make Domi a... drug dealer (though I can't say I recommend that), then as long as you have a well-rounded character with a logical backstory, Domi can be whomever you make her to be.

Hope that helped!
    -Alex

weasleywannabe47
    I'd say fifteen, maybe fourteen.

I imagined her with dark red hair and blue eyes. I bet she'd be a beater on the Quidditch team!

I honestly think she'd act like Tonks for some reason....

Gryffindor...I can't see a Weasley or a Potter being anywhere else....

Do you think she'd get along well with her sister? Her brother? Her parents? How about the rest of her family, and the students/teachers at Hogwarts?
    Sister--I'd say she goes to her for advice and looks up to her, but they aren't very close...

Brother--I'd say she'd be protective of him, and make sure he doesn't get bullied.

Students--I'd wager that she was popular...

Teachers--I'd say she'd like a few of the teachers, but not all.

cirelondiel
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    (and that she is indeed a she. -ique is a suffex to many French girl names).
    Dominique can be a boy's name - like Dominique de Villepin. But I think she's a girl, and I've never seen a male!Dom in fanfiction.

It seems to me that Victoire is often made out to be a gorgeous, silvery-haired replica of Fleur, while Dominique is much more of a Weasley. It's like people think that all of Fleur's Veela genes are used up on the first child. So I quite like this theory:
    Quote Originally Posted by alexthecheesepuff
    Now, Fleur wouldn't have been happy with her daughter being so influenced by crazy Uncles, so when the next little girl, Domi, is born, she'll shield Domi more so than Victoire. Therefore, from this perspective, Domi is probably going to be more proper and lady-like her mother. But, she is after all, still a Weasley.
    A good mix of Delacour and Weasleyness is the way to go for her personality and looks.

-- Chelsea

FwooperFeathers

Dominique Weasley

Dominique Weasley: middle child of Bill and Fleur, little sister of Victoire, big sister of Louis, neice of Harry Potter. Besides this, we know nothing.

Would she be jealous of her older sister?
    What kind of bond would she have with her many cousins?
    What House would she be in with a Gryffindor father and a Beaubatons mother?
    Last edited by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor; 06-19-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Post moved to existing thread. Do NOT create a new thread when one already exists.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Jealous: Maybe a bit
    Bond: She'd most likely have strong bonds
    House: I've always pictured Dominique a Gryffindor, unlike Victoire who everyone pictures as a tradition breaker, Ravenclaw.

Nidhi
    [
    Amazing Avvie by Nadia and Beautiful Banner by BP!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    To answer your first question, I definitely think she would be jealous. I imagine her as pretty, but not breathtakingly beautiful like her mother and sister. I think that this would encourage her to make herself stand out, which is why I usually picture her with brightly-colored highlights in her hair (no idea why, so don't ask).

Bonds. Interesting. Since she's most likely one of the older Weasley grandchildren, she would probably be like a big sister to her little cousins. She might not be as sweet or gentle as Victoire (In my mind, Dominique is a very straightforward and outspoken person), but she would love her family enough to do just about anything for them. For some reason, though, I don't think that she and Molly Jr. would get along very well.

I used to think of her as a Gryffindor, but now I see her as a Slytherin. I feel very strongly about this even know we know absolutely nothing about her and have to rely on head canon.

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!