Thread: Gabrielle Delacour

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Gabrielle Delacour

Another lonely character in need of a thread.

I'm working on a story where Gabrielle has her first year of school after the war is over (I have not decided if it is her first year or her second; any help her would be appresiated). I'm still trying to figure out what house she will be in.

Here are the four Houses for Beauxbatons:

The first house claims intellegent students who are traditional, if somewhat reserved.

The second is home to those who are courageous and have a strong sense of justice.

The third house is home to those who are of the purest blood and extremely vain.

The fourth houses the creative and free-spirited, those who live and love to be the center of attention.

Given what we have seen of Gabrielle in DH, where do you believe she belongs? Remember, she is eleven at the time of her Sorting, so her peronality as of that age will be what the method will go on.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Evester
    Wow, I really can't remember anything about Gabrielle from DH. Hmm. I seem to remember she was crushing on Harry at one point? And she's Fleur's sister, so I'd say the first house, probably. She'd be intelligent with such a sister, and reserved I guess, around Harry, so that rather fits.

But I don't know- I rather like the idea of her being in House Four- creative and free and all. She certainly seemed to like the attention of being a hostage saved by Harry in GoF, if I remember correctly. And it sounds stupid, but I feel that with a beautiful name like Gabrielle, she should be artsy and like that... if that makes sense.

I don't think she'd be number three, 'cause we never saw any of that pureblood nonsense from Fleur and Co. Sure, she was rather vain cause she was a veela, and Gabrielle may end up the same, but Gabrielle liked Harry and the Weasleys, so she can't be that stuck up.

As for number Two, we don't really have enough info on that side of her. I guess she'd be couragous to go into the lake in GoF, but otherwise, I don't really know about this.

So there's my thoughts. Please correct me if I'm wrong about Gabrielle from DH and GoF, I really can't remember that well. And also, since she is SUCH a minor character, you could really pick any of these and go with it, there is some basis and reality for each one, you could make a good case out of any.

Good Luck!

~Eve

MarieEvans760
    I decided to respond because I just read that part today with Gabrielle helping Fleur get ready... Anyways, I think she would either be the seond or fourth!

The first house claims intellegent students who are traditional, if somewhat reserved.

Definatly not, if she clearly "makes eyes" at Harry and others notice, she is NOT reserved! haha.

The second is home to those who are courageous and have a strong sense of justice.
    This is a possibility, she seems like a courageous girl, having not flipped her lid after the second task in GoF.

The third house is home to those who are of the purest blood and extremely vain.
    I don't see this one either. If she was vein I don't think she would be prancing around, and be so happy going. I could see her being a little self involved, being the veela in her, but still it sounds a little harsh to be EXTREMELY vain.

The fourth houses the creative and free-spirited, those who live and love to be the center of attention.
    I believe I see this one the most. She loves to be looked at, loves the attention of Harry ( even though she never gets it ) I mean to be into boys so young... haha. It just seems like this would be the greatest fit. Also when I think of her from her small roles in the books, I could definatly see free spirited!

I love the houses though. It seems like a very good aray of personality traits!

Marie

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Yes, but it is know begining to be seem that the whole house system is a strictly British tradition, so I'll more than likely have to for go it. I suppose I'll just have to keep researching French boarding schools.

But that you so much. This has given me a great deal of insite for how to makes Gabrielle's personality.

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

MarieEvans760
    I've been doing a little research on French boarding schools for you and I found a site that may help you ( if you haven't found it already

http://www.boarding-school-finder.com/hp_1409_2_2.html

Threw this and other random ones I found, it seems that French boarding schools are smaller, they don't seem to do the houses, and students don't tend to live there as long as Hogwart students did.

What if you had a similar things for sorting students into their dorm rooms, or a certain wing of the school. Students may get grouped together by the school so that there isn't many conflicts between students. So they need to test first years so that they don't stick them with other kids they wouldn't get along with... just a thought haha

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    And does anybody know this? The year after the war, will Gabrielle be in her second year or her first?

Brand New Story!

Azhure
    I believe she would be in her second year.

In GoF it is stated that when Harry sees Gabrielle for the first time, he thought that she looked no more than eight. So, assuming that she was in fact eight at the time, we can say that she was twelve the year after the war. So, that makes her in her second-year. However, it also depends on what date you make her birthday. She could actually be in her first year, yet be twelve years old. Ron turned seventeen in his sixth year because his birthday was in the middle of the school term, but Harry turned seventeen after the school term had finished, making him seventeen through the whole following term (even though he didn't actually attend school), but Ron would then be turning eighteen that term.

So Gabrielle could in fact be twelve and in her first year.

It's basically up to you what age you make her. There is nothing else stated in canon that I know of.

I hope that makes sense...

~~Azhure~~

weasleywannabe47

Gabrielle

The fourth book says she was 8 so she would be in her second year.I say the fourth house,while Fleur would be in first!But,if you want her dealing with being put in the vain-pure-blood house that would be an awesome plot twist!\

HopeiHelped!