Thread: Wizarding Sports

Hybrid View

Kcharles

Wizarding Sports

Do you think that wizards have any sports other than Quidditch? And that if they were to hold an Olympics, would they play some muggle sports? Would the wizards even have Olympics?

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    There's Quodpot: a popular sport in America. I think Quidditch and Quodpot are somewhat similar in terms of British football and American football.

Quodpot is played with a exploding Quaffle that needs to be dropped in a cauldron, but little else is know about it.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Kcharles
    So I'd have free reign with that basicly, right?

I think that dueling might be included too.

Inverarity
    Not much has been said in canon about wizarding sports other than Quidditch and Quodpot. There's also gobstones, but I don't know if that qualifies as a sport.

star_sailor
    Yeah, essentially free reign. Just try to incorporate real life sports - mix them together and what not - and see what turns out. I'd love to see something like polo played with wands! Fair warning though, it's tough to make a fully functioning sport up without gaps in the gameplay. I made a huge list of rules for my own reference for Quodpot, and it took forever to get just right. I'd suggest when inventing, read a wikipedia article, and try to write an article about your own sport in the same format. It helps things stay coherent and organized, at least for you as an author. :P

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    And if your going for Olympic-style sports, you could try coming up with a racing game with broomsticks. Also, something in the water might be fun to come up with. Maybe even something involving winged horses. I would also research a bunch of different sports in the Olympics (how lucky we are that this is an Olympic year!). Then you could really let your imagination run wild.

Just some more suggestions, though.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!